Hospital Corporation of America Reviews in Kingwood, TX | Glassdoor

3.9
Hospital Corporation of America President and CEO R. Milton Johnson
R. Milton Johnson

Pros
Cons
  • This could be a good or bad thing depending on the person but I felt the work/life balance was not great (in 20 reviews)

• Upper management believes in leadership through fear (in 35 reviews)

1. "Hca houston-tx"

Current Employee - CNA in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - CNA in Kingwood, TX

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The 401k matching and tuition reimbursement are some of the upsides to working here

Cons

Pay scale and raises is often below market because of other benifits offered

2. "Pretty good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingwood, TX

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Management great and did not micro manage. Benefits good too.

Cons

Small space to work in and needed to update equipment

Advice to Management

Nicely done. It was a pleasure working with immediate supervisors all the way up to the CNO and CEO.

"Good people, bad management."

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Kingwood, TX
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Kingwood, TX

Pros

Great people contribute to a fun, fast-paced working environment. I love most of the units, and really do look forward to going to work everyday. The people in my department are awesome because everyone helps everyone else out when they are in need.

Cons

There are some really skilled clinicians that work at this facility, but ultimately a hospital is only as good as the doctors that are contracted there. The doctors are subpar, and seem to be concerned more with making a buck than with treating the patient accordingly.

Management says that there is an "open-door policy", but that is a lie. They want people that are going to keep their mouth's shut and do your job. This is mostly to the detriment of the patient because they cut corners wherever they can. Staffing, equipment, and employee benefits are all below average considering other comparable systems.

Pay is subpar comparing to almost any other facility in Houston, and I should know because I have worked many other systems.

Advice to Management

LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES. Take what they say to heart because it takes a lot of gumption to stand up for what is right. Celebrate your clinicians that come there each and every day looking to grow professionally, and pay them accordingly. Everyone is not the same, and you shouldn't pay them as such either.

Showing 3 of 1,104 reviews