Hospital Corporation of America Reviews | Glassdoor

1,073 reviews

Full-time Part-time

1,073 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • This could be a good or bad thing depending on the person but I felt the work/life balance was not great (in 20 reviews)

• Upper management believes in leadership through fear (in 35 reviews)

1. "Documentation Specialist"

Current Employee - Virginia in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Virginia in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outsourcing positions not taking current employees

Cons

Salary within standard levels education reimbursements

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Infection Preventionist in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Infection Preventionist in Fredericksburg, VA

Pros

Focus is on quality of patient care

Cons

Staff and bed side employees tend to get burnt out in health care

Advice to Management

Staff well. The savings will follow.

3. "HROC - Workforce Administration"

Current Employee - Wfa in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Wfa in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The initial training is fairly extensive, which is necessary. There is also consistent refresher/skill-building training after one hits the floor. The management team within the department is outstanding. Likely some of the best I've ever experienced. Expectations are clearly communicated. The atmosphere and culture among the staff is a very warm, fun, and close-knit. Its rare to see so many exceptional people on one team. Other departments within HROC seem to suffer from morale issues, but the staff we interface with are invariably friendly and helpful. The work can get repetitive and monotonous, but the diversity of functions that one can grow into help keep you intellectually stimulated over time. Also, its a relatively new facility, so there's still some dust setting with regards to processes and procedures, which adds an element of change that keeps things interesting.

Cons

The benefits are somewhat lacking and unnecessarily complicated. Not terrible, by any stretch, but just not what one would expect from HCA.

Advice to Management

To the department management, keep on keeping on. You've assembled a great team and are supporting them well. To the facility management, please help out the other departments. There's some miserable folks over there.

5. "Medical Office Specialist"

Former Employee - Medical Office Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Medical Office Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in a clinic with great people great Drs. Dr's tell us we are appreciated. Coworkers are always trying to help each other with work load even if its not part of their job.

Cons

Holiday pay must be earned through hrs worked (PTO).25 cent yr raises. Do front desk and billing. Low pay for job duties. No phone tree we answer all calls..typically 184-200 plus a day. Bonus driven so alot of things like exrta help isnt in the budget. Alot of busy work given/expected. Little appreciation from corporate level. Job burn out is rampant. Concerns are ignored all suggestions are denied stating corporate wont allow. Corporate is out of touch with work flow and jobs in the office setting

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who actually perform the jobs. Don't discount ideas or suggestions simply because someone my not have a college degree

6. "?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Donelson, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Donelson, TN

Pros

The Compensation offered is above average.
    My Job Fulfillment has been a positive experience.
    Team Members on my shift are great to work with.

Cons

My current hours are considered after hours and I desire daytime hours.

Advice to Management

No advice I love this organization - but I desire a daytime position.

"RN"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is unfortunately no current pros at this facility.

Cons

No self scheduling, no bsn in supervision roles, no time and half on holidays

Advice to Management

New more educated supervisors, self scheduling for staff, time and half pay on holidays. Parthenon Pavilion hca facility in Nashville , TN

8. "Excellent team support"

Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse in Derry, NH
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse in Derry, NH

Pros

HCA owns many hospitals throughout the country, at my hospital employees are supported and encouraged to grow and expand their knowledge of nursing practice.

Cons

Sometimes when working for a giant corporation you may feel like just a number for example when trying to deal with the centralized benefits coordination.

9. "Fabulous radiology team I work for..."

Current Employee - Patient Transporter in Round Rock, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Transporter in Round Rock, TX

Pros

I am a patient transporter that works specifically for the radiology dept. Given that, I work with all floor staff involved in direct patient care. Pretty much all the staff I work with is super supportive and helpful, and completely enhances the patient experience.

Cons

Not everyone is fully trained on certain equipment. I have intensive experience working with some floor equipment and I find myself re-educating new staff.

Advice to Management

CONTINUING EDUCATION. Inpatient floor nurses require more intensive and regular retraining on various equipment, especially new staff. However, fantastic newer staff well picked for the field given work ethic and striving to learn.

10. "rn"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Hospital Corporation of America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

upper management terrific at hearing any meaningful concerns and respond quickly and fairly.\great benefits available.

Cons

benefit package for health insurance does not cover transgender issues.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Physician Relations Coordinator in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Physician Relations Coordinator in Richmond, VA

Pros

Great flexibility, higher than average salary, wonderful work-life balance but average benefits.

Cons

Often outside candidates are preferred over internal employees moving up in their career.

Advice to Management

Give internal employees a more fair salary evaluation and offer when moving up the ladder within the company.

Showing 1,073 of 1,114 reviews