Hospital Parking Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Hospital Parking Management Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2018

Found 10 reviews

2.2
  1. "Best job I have ever had, a really great place to work while having a lot of fun."

Area Operations Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hospital Parking Management

Pros

Hospital Parking Management has great ownership and great staff that work for the company. It's a pleasure working with my co-workers each day and our employees in the field do a tremendous job of delivering a great product and great service. Very fortunate to work for such great clients and meet such great people that travel to our facilities.

Cons

None that I can think of, it's a fantastic place to work and everyone there knows how to have a lot of fun while completing a job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Hospital Parking Management2011-07-28
  2. "Somewhat worthwhile"

Former Employee - Valet in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Hospital Parking Management part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Better than minimum wage ($8/hr in FL at the time). Usually $13-15/hr total after tips. Being outside.

Cons

A pervading sense of frustration among rightfully disgruntled employees. Micromanagement is very strong here. Predictably, lots of selfish behavior on offer here, due mostly to a very odd tip scheme -- no tips are shared, so this leads to a free-for-all where valets fight for "pickups," and are naturally disinclined to park cars in the lot and run the 1/4 mile back, wasting valuable time for no money.

Advice to Management

Ease up. Give your employees room to work. Screen new hires better if you don't want to have to watch over their shoulder. Pool tips. Start using a scheduling app instead of assuming everyone on the team will be able to get a photo of the schedule texted to them from a coworker. Increase transparency with employees. Incentivize employees.

Hospital Parking Management2018-02-09
  3. "Valet review"

I have been working at Hospital Parking Management part-time

Pros

Very flexible, Ops manager is very concerned with employee satisfaction and knowing all employees individually.

Cons

Very high turnover. Many new employees that do not last long. Minimal training program. Supervisors have favorites whom they designate the best shifts/hours to. Employees with a longer history with the company will end up working harder and longer than the supervisor's "friends."

Advice to Management

Create a balanced way of designating shifts. Focus on employees with a longer history with the company.

Hospital Parking Management2017-03-11
  4. "Not a great place to work"

Current Employee - Valet in Gainesville, FL

I have been working at Hospital Parking Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Going home with cash in my pocket due to having part of my income being tip based.

Cons

Too many people working at once makes it hard to come home with close to minimum wage. The company knowingly pays employees as little as possible, which results with not making minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Start to treat your employees as assets and treat them correctly.

Hospital Parking Management2016-05-31
  5. "Could be so much better"

I worked at Hospital Parking Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced environment, meeting lots of people, fun place depending on who the manager is.

Cons

Lack of follow through by the corporate office Ownership micromanages too much, high expectations, low support No use of technology to enhance employees

Advice to Management

Learn employment laws Follow policy vs making it up as you go along

Hospital Parking Management2015-04-22
  6. "Run away as fast as you can"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hospital Parking Management full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fast paced work - I enjoyed it the busier it was.

Cons

This was the most unethical company I have ever worked for in my 20+ years in the workforce. They knowingly pay many employees who don't earn enough in tips less than minimum wage and refused to correct it. Due to the overwhelming volume of negative reviews, all of us operations managers were required to submit positive reviews to counter them - and we had to submit a copy to the owners for proof or we would face... disciplinary action.

Advice to Management

Nothing will change, so there is no point in giving advice - but #1 would be to stop looking at your employees as liabilities and start seeing them as assets.

Hospital Parking Management2015-03-01

"Good money, poor working conditions."

Former Employee - Parking Attendant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hospital Parking Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay + tips and scheduling is excellent.

Cons

Stressful work environment, poor co-workers, unpleasant customers.

Advice to Management

Ensure acceptable working conditions.

Hospital Parking Management2013-05-17
  8. "Dead end"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hospital Parking Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Partial income comes from tips, so you will always go home with cash in your pocket. They usually have enough hours to keep you full time. Flexible schedule. Fun, laid back environment.

Cons

Overtime is never not allowed unless understaffed for certain events. Base hourly pay is low. No benefits. Seasonal mandatory uniform purchases. High turnover rate. Poor job advancement opportunities. Senior management could care less about their employees.

Hospital Parking Management2012-12-08
  9. "Mediocre"

I have been working at Hospital Parking Management

Pros

The work is easy, and the hours are decent. Also, you get some exercise while working, so its not too bad.

Cons

The money is terrible, and they have overnight shifts that are totally unnecessary. They are flexible with schedules, but I don't know anyone who is ok with working overnight.

Advice to Management

You should stop scamming your employees just because they're teenagers. They don't make anywhere close to the tips that you claim they do.

Hospital Parking Management2011-08-02
  10. "typical Valet job"

Valet Attendant

I have been working at Hospital Parking Management

Pros

Easy money for a college student Management will work around your school schedule and are very flexible. Good way to meet new people

Cons

lots of down time and standing around doing nothing, Management schedules too may valet at one time so it cuts into your tips.

Advice to Management

stop scheduling so many valet at one time post schedules faster, often the next weeks schedule would not come out until friday

Hospital Parking Management2010-04-20