KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated May 18, 2022

Found 177 of over 435 reviews

4.9

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great pay!(in 25 reviews)
  • "Communication is great!(in 21 reviews)
  • "Supportive, good benefits, responsive, takes your needs and concerns into consideration.(in 11 reviews)
  • "My Host Health Agency Recruiter David Fornos and his Team was excellent in handling my credentialing and preparation to a new assignment.(in 8 reviews)
  • "My recruiter at host Marianna was an absolute joy to work with, she was always so attentive and ensured she was always checking up on me and sending me new jobs, she answered all of my questions and made the job searching experience so much easier.(in 7 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Host Healthcare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Recruiting Staff, very friendly and reliable recruiters

May 18, 2022 - Medical Technologist in Twin Falls, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

Natalie from Host Healthcare was constantly available to me and made the travelling process super easy for me.

Cons

I couldn't find anything wrong with this company

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderful Travel Agency that Really Cares about their Nurses!

Apr 29, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in New Bedford, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Host Healthcare has been wonderful during my first travel nursing assignment. What made the experience great was the friendliness and professionalism of my recruiter, Yasmin! She is always available and responds so promptly to my questions and concerns and works hard to resolve any issues that I have. My paychecks always arrive on time and I've never had an issue with getting paid. I feel that Host Healthcare makes its travel nurses feel special by sending such things as swag bags and birthday pizzas and being overall supportive! I would highly recommend Host Healthcare!

Cons

The only complaint I would have would be that the insurance is not as good as what I had when working a staff hospital position. I do not like that I have to spend my own money and basically pay full price until I meet the deductible. However, it does cover the basics and prevention such as yearly exams. This would be a very minor complaint and I'm sure it could be the same with most other agencies.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee

All talk. Don’t work here.

Apr 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not much to be honest.

Cons

They are all talk about culture, competitive pay, and happiness at host. Their focus is on the sales side only and they don’t pay or treat the rest of their staff equally, nor do they stand up for their staff. Favoritism and nepotism is real here. Everyone knows everyone or if they are related to a person with a higher position, those are the employees that will strive and be recognized. The extra H3 classes (which was advertised as the only way to get a promotion) on top of an extreme workload does not allow the employee to have a healthy work life balance. We were bribed to have travel staff leave great reviews which is why the Glassdoor rating is so high, when internal staff is not happy, underpaid, and underappreciated. Good luck working here unless you are on the sales team, but even then it just feels like you’re in college all over again.

Host Healthcare Response

Hi There, Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We take feedback like yours very seriously and sincerely apologize that your experience with us was anything less than ideal. We understand that feeling underappreciated in the workplace can feel frustrating. At Host Healthcare, we always put our mission, core values and needs of both our internal team members and travel healthcare professionals first. However, we know we aren't perfect and strive to continuously improve and your feedback helps us to do that. This type of situation is very unusual at Host, and we would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about your experience, address this situation, and make this right for you. Feel free to give us a call at (800) 585-1299 or email us at info@hosthealthcare.com.

4. 5.0

This agency is great!

May 10, 2022 - Travel Nurse in Hopewell, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I first decided to be a travel nurse and to look for an agency, I asked my travel nurse friends if they liked theirs and did my own personal research as well. Based on all the information I gathered, I decided to go with Host Healthcare and asked my one friend’s personal recruiter, Makena, if she would be able to take me on as a client. My friend had said such great things about Makena that I had high hopes for her as well as Host in general. Despite already having high expectations, I still managed to be blown away by just how easy Makena and her assistant Melanie helped me make the transition from staff nursing into travel nursing. I had a thousand questions about what to expect and what exactly I needed to do. I texted Makena day and night, bombarding her with questions and concerns about starting my first contract. Makena answered all of my questions, eased all of my concerns, spelled out step by step exactly what I needed to do, and landed me the most amazing first travel nurse contract all the way across the country. I was pretty much spoon fed a dream job and it was the most amazing experience. Host is also extremely generous and kind. They have sent me multiple gifts now over holidays, nurse’s week, at the start of each contract, and even threw me a pizza party on my birthday! One of my favorite things about Host Healthcare is their accessibility. There is a Facebook page for members only that has been a great resource. One time over the weekend when I knew that Makena was off work, I wrote the question in the Facebook page to see if I could get an answer that way. Within 10 minutes, a handful of people had responded and answered my question as well as Makena who texted me ON HER WEEKEND OFF to make sure I received the information. I was floored! On top of my recruiter being incredibly responsive, and the helpful Facebook page, Host also has a 24/7 emergency hotline that you can call if you need it. I am now in the middle of my second consecutive travel nursing contract with Host Healthcare and with my recruiter Makena and her assistant Melanie. I have been incredibly satisfied, yet again, with a hospital that I really enjoy and am still making great money, especially compared to pay cuts around the nation right now. Since starting with Host Healthcare about 6 months ago, I have encouraged all of my staff nurse friends who are considering travel nursing that this is the best recruiter and the best agency to use, because I cannot stress enough how amazing they have made this experience for me! I have gotten one of my friends to follow the same path as me and hope to get more in the future too. Host Healthcare and my agent Makena really just are the best!

Cons

I can't think of any cons to Host Healthcare over other travel agencies.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company & recruiter!

May 9, 2022 - Travel Nurse in Greenville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

10/10 would recommend Host Healthcare to any travel nurse out there looking for an amazing agency! Also, Makena Matousek is the best recruiter out there! I've had zero issues since traveling with them. They have made travel nursing so easy for me! I could not recommend them enough!

Cons

I have no cons at the moment!

6. 5.0

Katie Gilman- Host Healthcare

Feb 21, 2022 - Registered Nurse in Jackson, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I first made the switch to travel nursing over a month ago, I was extremely nervous about how things would work out as I had never traveled with an agency before. Katie was one of the most responsive recruiters I had dealt with and she managed to get me a job at a nearby hospital within 2-3 days. I knew up front all of the information needed to get started, and Katie kept me in the loop throughout the entire process. Financially, the pay offered by Host Healthcare was very competitive compared to other agencies as well.

Cons

The only downside was I didn't know my schedule until the first day of my contract, and I don't have as much freedom choosing the days I want to work as I did when I worked for a specific hospital system in my area. On my next contract, I will need to be more specific about the days I want off.

7. 5.0

Engaged and helpful recruiter

May 13, 2022 - Travel Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

My recruiter, Chris, at Host has been amazing! So helpful and supportive! Got me exactly what I was looking for! He was super engaged and available for any and all questions that I had!

Cons

None that I have come across

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Work for Host healthcare

May 9, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in Pineville, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I highly recommend working with Makena and Melanie with Host Helathcare! They both have been so helpful for over the past year! They always reach out and are quick to respond to any questions or concerns I may have!

Cons

Having to live away from family; but that’s part of the job!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect company for a first time traveler

Apr 18, 2022 - Travel Nurse in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Host healthcare and more specifically my recruiter, Cassie, made my first experience as a traveler nurse seamless and stress free. Cassie always makes me feel comfortable knowing that she has my back and isn’t just trying to get me to sign with the easy offer or settle. She checks in frequently so that I never feel like just another number but that that she truly cares if I have a good experience.

Cons

Variety of places to travel to, but there are a ton of California options.

10. 5.0

thanks a million, host!

Mar 8, 2022 - Travel Nurse in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, Lauren has taken such good care of me and my travel partner. She negotiated the best deals for us, and got us everything we were asking from our facility for the first contract! She was even texting us from the pre-op area before she had surgery to make sure everything was okay before we signed the contract! Anytime we run into an issue with our facility, she 100% backs us up and makes sure it gets escalated so that the issue can be solved in the future. I truly don’t have enough good things to say about Lauren. She will always put up a fight for us!! We are so so grateful for everything she has done, and I have already given so many people her contact information!!

Cons

There are no downsides to working with Host, the only time things got messy were setting up the pre-employment doctor/lab visits

Viewing 1 - 10 of 177 Reviews

Host Healthcare Reviews FAQs

Host Healthcare has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 435 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Host Healthcare to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Host Healthcare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Host Healthcare. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

98% of Host Healthcare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Host Healthcare 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Host Healthcare to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, management, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Host Healthcare Job Seekers