Hot Topic Reviews
56% would recommend to a friend
(2063 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Found 2,063 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great people and discounts it was awesome back in the day when hottopic was one of a kind rock store" (in 139 reviews)
- "great coworkers to work with and friendly" (in 123 reviews)
- "Fun work environment and coworkers" (in 56 reviews)
- "Great benefits even for part" (in 54 reviews)
- "Great employees Friendly customers Easy to do" (in 38 reviews)
- "The pay is low and you only get a good amount of hours to actually pay bills if you are upper level management." (in 270 reviews)
- "Poor management and HR." (in 117 reviews)
- "No hours to work with." (in 85 reviews)
- "manager can be rude and a downer sometimes." (in 71 reviews)
- "Far too much drama from upper management and poor communication" (in 60 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hot Topic and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Oct 25, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearBoise, ID
I really enjoyed the large employee discount, and I even got one of my college classes paid for by being an employee there (they had a special program to finance this in place at the time).
Not the highest wages, but that was to be expected.
- 5.0Oct 16, 2023Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsWaldorf, MD
I got lucky to be put with a crew that truly knows how to work together and how to create a fun and pleasant shopping experience for everyone
Because of the area we live in it is often hard to find willing diligent workers so our work team is often on the small side
- 5.0Oct 11, 2023DC AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Easy to understand the job nice coworkers, you get discounts on box, lunch, and hot topic
Sometimes the flex down and you don’t get your 40 hours a week
Hot Topic Reviews FAQs
Hot Topic has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 2,124 reviews left anonymously by employees. 56% of employees would recommend working at Hot Topic to a friend and 38% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
56% of Hot Topic employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hot Topic 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.