Hotcards Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Loving It!"

Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Team Member in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Hotcards full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing. We work with an amazing team, and it never feels like I'm at work. From cookies, to pingpong, to nerf-gun wars, we always make work enjoyable while still getting a TON of work done!

Cons

I honestly can't think of one. We are given everything that we need with a strong leader to guide us, and it works perfectly.

Advice to Management

Keep on leading as you do now. The culture that we have is perfect, fun, and beneficial to all employees and customers.

"Not so hot"

I worked at Hotcards full-time

Pros

Coworkers are truly amazing people. They really are the best part about working there. The office looks cool and theres a ping pong table, and often donuts. Great art gallery too.

Cons

CEO lives on cookies and 5 hour energy, and seems like a hyper child skipping through the office. He often would disappear for a day or a week at a time, never telling us in advance. The office was significantly less stressful and we were more productive in his absence.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees. You push for open communication but do not participate. Employees are overworked and under appreciated.

"Print Marketing"

I worked at Hotcards full-time

Pros

When I first started it was a fun, challenging place to work.

Cons

Company completely changed it's operating procedures when it was sold in 2012. No longer the same company.

"Work for Fun"

Pros

When the "owner" is out of town- everything runs smooth, and your co-workers are awesome!

Cons

Good talent- doesn't stay long, because 1. pay rate is WAY below market for any role. 2. owner suffocates and micro manages, watch out for this and don't be taken advantage of because it won't change, if you talk to him about boundaries he will just fire you.

Advice to Management

If you hire someone because you believe they can do the job, trust them to do it. Give them ample /reasonable amount to time to complete a task.... and please be some what professional and stop leaving voice mails while pooping

"Used to be great!"

Former Employee - Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Hotcards full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great story! Former owner Columbus Woodruff was cutting edge and inspirational. He made every employee feel important.

The company was a Union Print shop so the benefits and pay is good. They also bought lunch for entire company every Friday.

Cons

The original owner sold the company in 2013 and things changed immediately! New owners, less focus on employees, less focus on customers. New ownership got rid if entire production staff and brought in their own team.

Need to go back to the employee focused company they used to be.

Advice to Management

Bring it back to they way it was!

6. "Fun place to work"

Current Employee - General Labor in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - General Labor in Cleveland, OH

Pros

They buy us lunch every Friday!, not some cheap food either, always great quality food.
    We stay real busy so the days go by very fast. They even agreed to give us all raises on the last union contract, pretty impressive in this economy.

Cons

Production area is a little small for the amount of work we do, they should consider expanding the building, or renting another place nearby.

Advice to Management

Management tends to kind of let the place run itself which works, but it shouldn't be so laid back about everything, some employees tend to take advantage of this and abuse it.

7. "Its a union shop."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

The owner is a cutting edge type of person who is aware of current trends and has a great business sense.

Cons

Not all in management possess true leadership qualities required for a productive environment which has led to animosity among the production employees.

Advice to Management

Certain members of management should be properly assessed for their abilities to be effective in their job duties in regards to managing others.