HotelTonight Market Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2019

5.0
HotelTonight CEO Sam Shank
Sam Shank
  1. "Great Company to work with"

Current Employee - Market Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at HotelTonight full-time

Pros

Great culture and people to work wiith

Cons

Compensation for certain roles could be improved

Advice to Management

Keep doing thing the same way

HotelTonight2019-03-07

"Positive People and Overall Great Experience!"

Current Employee - Market Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HotelTonight full-time

Pros

Very positive environment, people are genuine and good-natured and have been happy to jump in and help a new employee out. There is a strong onboarding program, which will work for any type of learner. Training includes getting to know/meeting people in the company as well as teaching the fundamentals of the company and further details of the role. It is clear that this company really values it's people - there... is flexibility in the day to day, great leadership in place, many internal tooling resources for execution, and fantastic benefits/other extra perks which make the job even more fun.

Cons

No cons at this company

HotelTonight2018-10-23

"A Special Place"

Former Employee - Market Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HotelTonight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyday you get to go to work and be surrounded by an amazing group of people. The caliber of employee at HotelTonight is remarkable and you constantly learn new things from your colleagues and the environment. There is ample respect for your time and hard work is appreciated.

Cons

Feedback and compensation adjustments were difficult to come by. When I worked there it was hard to gauge what needed to be done in order to move up the ranks or receive a compensation boost. This could have changed by now though since HT was always improving itself.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. You've taken the time to hire the best people, so treat them accordingly. They are perceptive and will appreciate the insight.

HotelTonight2016-05-19

"Market Manager"

Former Employee - Market Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at HotelTonight full-time

Pros

My favorite parts about HotelTonight were the people, culture and freedom to take on any projects. I joined as a Market Manager, which allowed me to take on Sales, Account Management, Data Analysis & Visualization, some Marketing, as well as a variety of other opportunities and responsibilities. You aren't pigeon-holed into one specific responsibility, but instead own a market and are in control of what you working... on on a day to day basis. You need to be a self-starter, but if you are, then you'll have the opportunity to take on any project and work with anyone throughout the company. I had open and honest dialogue with all of the C-Suite leadership, as well as directors throughout the company. The people are amazing and loved coming to work everyday.

Cons

In certain departments, HT needs to provide more growth opportunities, reward great work (titles, pay, recognition), and invest in data to gain insights and become more efficient and scalable.

Advice to Management

As I mentioned in the Cons - management should look to provide more clear growth opportunities, reward great work and invest in data (infrastructure and team).

HotelTonight2016-02-29

"Incredible team at a company with strong growth prospects"

Current Employee - Market Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HotelTonight full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people at HotelTonight are incredibly talented and really believe in the product. You're working with a group of people that enjoy the finer things in life and want to help the world experience life to the fullest. The perks are consistent and probably better than a lot of other tech companies if you like to travel. Leadership has a solid vision and a concrete growth plan.

Cons

Not really a con, but you have to accept that the only constant in a hyper-growth company is change.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring people that preserve the strong culture the company already has.

HotelTonight2014-06-03
  6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at HotelTonight full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best parts about HotelTonight are: 1) The people. Everyone is bright, driven, and a go-getter. 2) Autonomy. When you join the supply team and take over a market, you OWN the growth of that market, and quickly are given full autonomy to tackle its challenges in the way you see best fit as that city's expert. 3) Culture. We like to work hard, and will always be trying creative new tactics to push our markets... forward. At the same time, we also recognize it's important to cultivate other interests outside of your job, and celebrate those.

Cons

HotelTonight isn't the place for you if you're not a hustler. The Supply Team roles are incredibly dynamic which is great, but if you're the type that wants the same structure each day and to work within the confines of that structure, it's probably not the best fit.

HotelTonight2018-04-23
  7. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Market Manager in London, England

I have been working at HotelTonight full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many amazing people in the office! There is a great environment that fosters creativity and development and a unique company culture. It is super fun to work here and there is incredible transparency from the leadership team.

Cons

Headquarters is located in SF so there is some time difference involved in meetings etc.

HotelTonight2018-04-23