Hotelbeds Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance, good stepping stone (in 4 reviews)

• Nice people working there, you can live in English, the location is great, and it a very nice place to live (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • low salaries depending of the region, in M (in 3 reviews)

• No room for growth unless you get on your knees for the right people (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Perks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great PTO, Opportunities to advance to higher positions, No micromanagement,

Cons

There is lack of training which leaves new employees floored. There are too many systems used at once which creates a lot of confusion for newbies. The system used is not user friendly

"Times of Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Multinational company with many possibilities of promotion

Cons

Not clear future. Worst salary in the market

Advice to Management

ng

3. "Accounts Payable Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health Insurance benefits company pay 50% - PTO - End of year Bonus. Started out of college and was able to learn a lot for the first couple of years.

Cons

Moving up in the company is not worth it, it's all about who you know and how well do you know them, and what you can do for them.
    They are moving a lot of departments out of the US to Mexico to keep minimizing costs.
    Pay is not good at all.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth, basing it on the amount of work they do, and always keep in mind cost of living, it fluctuates yearly so companies should adjust compensations as well.

4. "Crc"

Current Employee - CRC in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not to much pros, company has been sold recently and they are taking business to Mexico

Cons

Company is taking the majority of the businesses to Mexico

Advice to Management

Company need changes regarding management urgent

5. "An OK Place to Work"

Former Employee - Court Thomas in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Court Thomas in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When compared to other Central Florida Employers, this was a really great place to work.
    It can be very difficult to find considerate and high quality Employers in Florida, however this one was a great experience if you work hard and try to do an efficient job.
    The high European standards, clean,colorful professional environment and pay was considerate and above average for the Orlando area.
    Coming from modern Europe, the company has a lot of creative lessons to teach local Southern US based companies - Pay your employees better, share the wealth with annual bonuses and encourage human development and upward mobility to aid with employee retention.
    This company is genuinely human, it did not have the sense of Greedy and Selfish overtones exhibited by most American companies here in Central Florida.

Cons

Nothing human is always perfect, considering that, there were hardly any downsides

Advice to Management

Nothing human is always perfect however overall working there is a great experience.
    The standards, environment and pay was considerate and above average for the Orlando area.
    Company is a welcome asset to the people who live and work here with a lot of valuable lifelong lessons to offer.

"Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Pros

Nice coworkers enviroment, interesting company operations

Cons

Low salaries, managment prefers to find people from outside to fill open positions,rather than giving opportunity to people inside.

"CRC"

Current Employee - CRC in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full time, payment every week.

Cons

Big bullies are allowed to do whatever they want. A Brazilian lady "Mrs M." It rude with clients, coworkers, hotels... And nobody said a word!!!!

Advice to Management

Don't forget that you need to be a leader and control the bad attitude within all your's employees and do not allow Mrs M to act like she runs the CRC because that's shameful. Every body is afraid of her you know that!!! But you pretend that nothing is going on!

8. "Salary"

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds (More than a year)

Pros

Love my Job. The best Employer I have in my Life.

Cons

I don't have nothing bad That I need to said about my job,

Good

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Analyst in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable Analyst in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Full-time job. Always paid on time. Co-workers share the same pain.

Cons

I worked at Hotelbeds for 4 years, I worked in 3 different departments, I was promissed a raise the first time I moved departments and only got it 9 months later because I was emailing everyone and their mother about it. The second move came with no raise, the third also no raise and I had to train co-workers and supervisors. There is absolutely no growth with this company unless you are someone's best friend or a relative or willing to work harder for the same pay, basically just for the title. Huge turnaround. Micromanaging is also a big problem.

Advice to Management

My business classes always said that today managers are to encourage employees and encourage team work; please go back to school and learn to be a leader, where you motivate your employees for better results and a more stress free work environment and not constantly beating them down.

"Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with.

Cons

Unorganized. Severe Lack of communication. No consistency in there policies and procedures. Nothing can be done without HQ's blessing. Local IT is only for hardware issues and limited software incidences, and If you have any type problem with company exclusive software, accounting, operations etc, open a ticket and good luck waiting for HQ to handle or even acknowledge that there is a problem. Any type of improvement that does not necessarily work for HQ but can work for the region is delayed and not given any type of priority. No anticipation to incidences even after possible scenarios are presented; HQ still does nothing until it happens. Spain HQ has way too much bank holidays so regions are left in the dark for those days even in emergency situations.

Advice to Management

Sell it to an OTA that knows what they're doing.