Hotelbeds Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2019

2.8
Hotelbeds Managing Director Carlos Muñoz
Carlos Muñoz
Pros
  • "Good benefits - health insurance; 401k; Disney card and travel discounts(in 10 reviews)

• "Well work life balance with great colleagues(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "poor company culture and values(in 8 reviews)

• "not well-organised - there is no human contact with employees- low salaries compared to workload - not enough space for each employee(in 8 reviews)

1. "Tourico was like a family"

Former Employee - Senior Web Developer & Designer in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tourico's environment used to be more like a family than a business, yes... we were always busy with tons of things to do BUT we were always producing new ideas that would end up being seen by thousands of people world wide.

Cons

Tourico will soon close its doors... and it is sad.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

Hotelbeds2018-07-11
  2. "Not as bad"

Current Employee - Sales in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Its people. This is really the best thing this company has

Cons

Company is not going thru their best time

Hotelbeds2019-12-11
  3. "Does not care about employees"

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a paycheck, if you know people and suck up you may last.

Cons

Does not care about employees. More concerned with owners profits. Will layoff whole departments without hesitation

Hotelbeds2019-10-21

"There are other companies who will pay you more and treat you better"

Current Employee - Yield Manager

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time

Pros

Benefits, scheduled, and good coworkers if you’re lucky.

Cons

Your management team will always make you feel like you’re not working hard enough, even though you as an employee will always feel stressed, overworked, and mentally exhausted. Even though yield managers do the exact same job the difference in pay between old employees that have to train new employees is significant and unfair. Employees that complain are told that their numbers don’t show that they deserve to... get payed the same as new employees. There’s no return on investment from the company to employees.

Advice to Management

Corporate should offer mandatory management training to all their managers. Corporate should have representation at the US office from Spain.

Hotelbeds2019-08-16

"The turnover is incredibly high"

Current Employee - Yield Manager

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule is Monday through Friday with holidays off and the company offers a good benefit package.

Cons

The working environment is very unwelcoming, toxic, and there's no option to work from home unless you live somewhere other than Orlando FL. High school mentality, I guess some people never grow up. The office has not been updated in years, the desks, chairs, rug, etc... are old and overused. Leadership is very vague and generic when answering questions. There's no real structure to what we do and how we do it.

Advice to Management

The turnover is incredibly high because people don't feel motivated to go to work.

Hotelbeds2019-07-18
  6. "Look elsewhere"

Former Employee - Yield Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and PTO.

Cons

All the management cares for is numbers they do not value the opinion of their employees. After the merger working for this company has been very messy. Turn over rate is very high.

Hotelbeds2019-07-02
  7. "Subpar"

Current Employee - Yield Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Offers benefits- medical, dental, vision, 401k, 3 weeks accrued PTO first year (increases each year).

Cons

Low pay, poor company culture, poorly designed teams that are mostly incompetent at their jobs.

Advice to Management

Fix distribution. Get a better handle on the loading team. Implement a ticket strategy for SRC and CRC when internal and external inquiries are made. Restructure pay ranges to be competitive with those of HotelsPro, Expedia, Booking, etc.

Hotelbeds2019-06-14
  8. "This place is full of bosses, not leaders"

Current Employee - Contracting Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hotelbeds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generous vacation time, co workers are helpful when you need to ask questions

Cons

The merger has brought in managers who do not understand the culture (from Tourico/GTA). They try to circumvent procedures and do things their way which causes friction between teams. Having my direct superior going after my accounts to earn a bonus is a real bummer since they already make more than me. Regional managers fill their area positions with "YES" people who did not earn their job through merit, example... Northeast (what a joke).

Advice to Management

Have your regional and area managers learn and enforce policies and procedures before trying to find a work around to doing things the right way. They complain about training when they themselves do not take the time to learnt the system.

Hotelbeds2019-06-14
  9. "Product Manager"

Former Employee - Product Manager in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time

Pros

It was a great place to start in the industry. I was trained for 2 months (without pay) to become a Product Manager and hired full time. It is easy to move up in the company if you work hard, they value numbers above all. I never had issues with management, though that was probably because I was lucky because many others did.

Cons

While easy to move up in the company, the pay doesn't go up like it should. You perform well but the goals are so high that you can never hit your bonuses (which are puny anyways). You get moved from managing a small market to a larger one but no increase in pay, though the work is much harder. Also, since the Hotelbeds acquisition, employees are numbers and upper management has no control or say in any matters.... Everything is done in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, and no, there is no way for an employee to reach out to someone in corporate directly.

Advice to Management

Motivate employees better. Trust them and give them space to do their job. Set realistic goals and give proper bonuses when employees hit their targets. Encourage a more fun office culture.

Hotelbeds2019-05-14
  10. "No Room for Growth"

Former Employee - Contract Administration in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Hotelbeds full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits - health insurance; 401k; Disney card and travel discounts

Cons

Low pay No room for growth

Hotelbeds2019-05-14