KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 174 of over 188 reviews

3.8
Hotels.com President Adam Jay
Adam Jay
Pros
  • "The work life balance is perhaps the best in the world(in 20 reviews)

• "Work culture is amazing and work environment is relaxed(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance can be a challenge, especially for certain teams(in 5 reviews)

• "Limited opportunity in Dallas office(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

good company

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

Moved out of city and

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great

Nov 1, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a great place to work

Cons

I do not have any cons

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

its ok

Sep 23, 2020 - Corporate Escalations in Springfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

good pay for entry level, great benefits.

Cons

Constant company layoffs, entire centers shutting down, over worked. Super stressful

4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Former employee

Mar 10, 2020 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

sometimes favoritism. If you are not in good term with management, no promotion

5. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great company

Dec 19, 2019 - Senior Director in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- fun, smart people - great working environment - very interesting industry (travel)

Cons

- disconnected for headquarters in London

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun People, Stressful Atmosphere

Jan 22, 2020 - Reservation Specialist in Springfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training process and the activities planned for employees were always fun and engaging.

Cons

Dealing customers was extremely tedious and was often hard. By the time they are talking to you, they are usually pretty frustrated.

Hotels.com Response

Sr. Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the open and honest feedback. We're sad to hear that some of your time working with us wasn't as enjoyable as you'd hoped and will take your comments into consideration to help us improve.

7. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing Place to Work

Sep 18, 2019 - Marketing Analyst in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company is an amazing place to work, the people are friendly and management is interested in your development. Growth opportunities are available if you perform well.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Hotels.com Response

Sr. Recruiting Coordinator

We're so glad you enjoyed working working at Hotels.com. We agree, it's an amazing place to work!

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not what it once was!

Dec 21, 2018 - Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, fun industry to work in, and lots of opportunities for travel

Cons

Management is mostly clueless. Lot of consultant types who have moved up quickly, but lack the experience needed for their roles. Culture of the company has shifted dramatically in the few years I’ve been around - not in a good way.

5 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Obvious Choice

Sep 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hotels.com is an established (25+ years) company that is still growing every year. As a "dotcom" company, the work environment is more relaxed, and the company favors innovation and a "fail fast" attitude. Strategies are always changing, and there is always new, exciting work to keep things interesting. As a global travel company, employees have diverse background, so your teammates with have many experiences and perspectives to share. Team sizes are small enough that individuals have a significant, measureable impact on the company. Overall, going to work is enjoyable and employees, from top management to junior level, are friendly and fun to work with; obviously.

Cons

Hotels.com is not the most competitive company in terms of compensation and benefits, but they are from the worse as well. The Dallas metro area is a standard suburban sprawl, which may be considered non-ideal to some, though the drivability and low cost of living make up for that.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great money, and positive work environment.

Mar 27, 2015 - Hotel Sales in Springfield, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly, I love my job. I look forward to going to work everyday. The pay is fantastic, and I have never missed commission. I make a lot more than minimum wage. For anyone who wants to work here, my advice to you is to not get into sales unless it is for you. Sales are stressful (I am sure this is a proven fact somehow.) I am honest to every costumer I encounter even if I think it will cost me a sale. I enjoy working for a company that backs me up on that. I am very proud to work for the company I work for. Hotels.com in Springfield, Mo is a fantastic company.

Cons

The only downside I have had so far is requesting off days and sometimes not getting them, but when you are given a month of paid vacation a year, can you really complain?

1 person found this review helpful