Hotels.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Hotels.com Reviews

Updated December 29, 2016

US - All Cities Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Fast paced and fulfilling work environment (in 11 reviews)

• The most amazing work life balance I've seen anywhere (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge, especially for certain teams (in 4 reviews)

• left because i was looking for advanced career opportunities where i could better apply my skills (in 3 reviews)

1. "Talented, Fun People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Talented, fun, impressive people fill the office. Great culture.

Cons

None that I can think of yet

2. "Well Paying with Growth Potential"

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time

Pros

Hotels.com pays very well.
    If you are willing to put in the effort, you will grow, since you are not only working in a growing company, you are part of the Expedia family, and they make it really easy to move between brands.
    You are not American? Hotels.com sponsors you so you can work for as long as you want.

Cons

Right now, there is not a career path, if you want to grow, you have to define what's the best next step for you and go for it

3. "Awesome work culture, a great place to start your tech career!"

Current Employee - BI Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - BI Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-If you are into data analytics, you'll get a chance to work on a variety of data tools and really huge data sets
    -Incredible work culture, a lot of freedom in your day to day work, and collaborative and supportive environment make it such a wonderful experience
    -The most amazing work life balance I've seen anywhere
    -Opportunities to interact with senior management on a regular basis

Cons

-Tech, Data Management and Marketing teams need to be synced better. Often, it is difficult to get my work done as tools/ data are not functioning as they should.
    -A lot depends on your boss, so it can be both good or bad.
    -Overall you are part of Expedia, a bigger organization. Again this can be good or bad depending on your team/projects. It's not a pure startup experience, if your are looking for one, yet it is pretty close.

Advice to Management

Maintain the awesome work culture, fix the issues with tools and data to increase productivity

5. "Travel + Technology + Innovation=Awesome"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

It's really exciting to work for company that is global in scope, leverages the latest and greatest tech platforms and engages with customers by continually innovating solutions that work best for them. It's awesome to see our very collaborative efforts make an immediate impact on the way people use our app or take advantage of our rewards program.

Cons

This is the first role in my career I've had that seems so little like work. I truly love engaging with my teammates at our offices across the globe. With great challenges come great rewards and working with such a passionate energetic group of individuals offers both.

Advice to Management

Continue our current course, our company and culture continue to be a place that sets themselves apart from other opportunities with in the tech space.

Hotels.com Response

Apr 17, 2016 – Talent Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to review! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time with Hotels.com!

"Sr. Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time

Pros

1) Work with cutting edge technology with talented and motivated colleagues
    2) Work culture is amazing and work environment is relaxed.
    3) Amazing place to also grow your career personally from a technical and business strategy standpoint.
    In this day and age its very hard to find companies that offer good work life balance and growth opportunities without burning yourself out working long hours. Hotels.com is one such a very rare work place. Upper management is very helpful and great to work with.

Cons

Compensation strategy is something that is not very clear here. Although the pay is decent, performance is not directly related to compensation in a huge way. I guess aggressive compensation strategy does not help in maintaining a good work culture with less stress. I am ok with it being less aggressive but certainly can improve in terms recognizing talent with frequent call outs and gift cards maybe.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work your doing. DO NOT change the current work culture. Right now its pretty amazing and hope this will last.

7. "Marketing Analyst"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really respects its employees, and has number of great perks. There are in office happy hours, a number of appreciation gifts throughout the year, and a great feeling of camaraderie. It is a fast growing company in the tech industry, so there is great for change and innovation.

Cons

No a clear structure for advancement, leading to a lot of turnover within the organization. HR policies are often not clear upon hiring.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at outlining expectations for promotion. Introducing a program that allows employees to shadow someone in another role would help highlight opportunities within Hotels.com, rather than at other companies.

8. "Best company that I have ever worked in"

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time

Pros

You get to work with some of the smartest as well as friendliest people in the industry. Efficient, articulate, hardworking and fun is how I would describe the folks who work for Hotels.com.

Cons

There is no initial hand-holding. You have to figure a lot of things on your own. However, HR is currently working on improving the on-boarding process.

Advice to Management

You do a great job at articulating the vision for the company and set definite goals for the employees.

"Great culture and leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

collaborative and supportive culture
    fun place to work, people are full of energy
    leadership is very accessible
    things move quickly
    there are hard problems to solve
    offices are great

Cons

it's loud near the ping pong!

Advice to Management

work to keep the culture what it is now

"The Obvious Choice"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hotels.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hotels.com is an established (25+ years) company that is still growing every year. As a "dotcom" company, the work environment is more relaxed, and the company favors innovation and a "fail fast" attitude. Strategies are always changing, and there is always new, exciting work to keep things interesting. As a global travel company, employees have diverse background, so your teammates with have many experiences and perspectives to share. Team sizes are small enough that individuals have a significant, measureable impact on the company. Overall, going to work is enjoyable and employees, from top management to junior level, are friendly and fun to work with; obviously.

Cons

Hotels.com is not the most competitive company in terms of compensation and benefits, but they are from the worse as well. The Dallas metro area is a standard suburban sprawl, which may be considered non-ideal to some, though the drivability and low cost of living make up for that.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job as it is. Feedback from direct supervisors are frequent and honest. The friendly attitude makes management (even VPs) approachable.

11. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Lodging Support Agent in Springfield, MO
    Former Employee - Lodging Support Agent in Springfield, MO

I worked at Hotels.com (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits. I was treated very well by coworkers and management.

Cons

Did not enjoy call center

Advice to Management

None