Found 1,318 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Friendly Staff Well Organised Shifts" (in 93 reviews)
- "Some nice people and products and items and ok discounts after 3 months other then nothing else." (in 89 reviews)
- "Colleagues are friendly and work well as a team" (in 54 reviews)
- "Very organised training is good" (in 19 reviews)
- "The benefits are good." (in 16 reviews)
- "Poor Management and politics." (in 143 reviews)
- "Most of the managers are rude and do not let you speak to your colleagues as if we are in primary school." (in 91 reviews)
- "Pay is low and not much to do in role" (in 86 reviews)
- "Long hours and have to deal with concessions stock occasionally which you don’t know much about" (in 45 reviews)
- "Low salary given the expectation of the role" (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of House of Fraser and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Apr 25, 2022Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsGlasgow, MT
Before Sports Direct bought HOF, service was measured by quality and not quantity. There was a good atmosphere and good staff rewards.
After SD took over, everything changed. They have an awful customer service and they don’t care to improve it. Avoid.1
- 4.0Apr 17, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Enjoyed the freedom of working on a shop floor with people I liked with products I believed in it.
It's just a very standard retail job. It can be boring and unfulfilling on a slow day, but go incredibly quickly on a very busy one.
- 5.0Jun 5, 2016Brand ManagerFormer EmployeeChicago, IL
Loved working there was very rewarding.
The hours did not fit with my personal life at the time. Was very sad about this. Would def recommend this to everyone.
- 4.0Sep 4, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Pretty fair with hourly wages and pay increases every so often
Managers are bias towards full-time staff and not flexible with part-time people
House of Fraser Reviews FAQs
House of Fraser has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 1,407 reviews left anonymously by employees. 42% of employees would recommend working at House of Fraser to a friend and 32% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
42% of House of Fraser employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated House of Fraser 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.6 for culture and values and 2.5 for career opportunities.