Found 181 of over 196 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Chance to bond with so many great people." (in 21 reviews)
- "Great onboarding and culture" (in 16 reviews)
- "The culture here is amazing and a everyone is pushing hard everyday to make this company succeed." (in 11 reviews)
- "The teams are amazing and the company is super supportive!" (in 10 reviews)
- "Amazing management." (in 10 reviews)
- "At times, it can feel as though you are over worked, however the pay is great!" (in 10 reviews)
- "if you are doing something wrong you won't know it from your direct manager, you receive an alert form other people instead." (in 7 reviews)
- "No work /life balance, overtime is often mandatory, Saturday work is required at least once a month." (in 5 reviews)
- "Communication can fall apart if not intentional with upper management." (in 5 reviews)
- "No 401k match" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Housecall Pro and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Nov 30, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Working on a fast paced, people-centric, but lean team I have had the opportunity to participate in and drive processes, projects, and systems that I have not experienced in any other role. I have trust and guidance from my leadership to try new things, learn as I go, and impact the business every single day. I have access to partner with people across the org and up the hierarchy, which has strengthened my business acumen. There is a uniquely strong focus on manager development and leadership through training, consulting, and supporting, which in turn leads to growing high performing teams. I have seen so many people advance their careers in unexpected ways because of the abundant opportunities. And I regularly work with stakeholders across the globe!
The pace is fast and the goals are challenging; for most people this ultimately leads to individual growth, but sometimes getting there takes long hours after a day of back-to-back meetings. Working autonomously can also take the courage to take uncertain steps forward, but the payoff in what teams are regularly achieving is worth it.Housecall Pro Response5d
Great companies have extraordinary people operating with high autonomy, ambitious goals and loads of support; it sounds like you have found your fit at Housecall Pro. Thanks for the feedback.
- 5.0Nov 28, 2023Manager TrainingCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsSan Diego, CA
- Senior Leadership puts on an excellent management training program. - Our executive team is made up of top tier talent and they are continuously investing in the expansion of their team to add diverse skillsets as the company grows. - We have some of the best managers who are skilled at developing people. - If you work hard, you will a) never be bored at work a day in your life and b) you definitely will experience career growth. - You might wear a few hats in your role, but you won't wear all of them. This gives you the opportunity to truly do your best work. - You will never be the smartest person in the room (or in the Zoom meeting). You will meet some of the most intelligent yet humble humans you have ever known and you will feel included and respected when you get to work with them. All you have to do is show up willing to contribute and learn. - We have great benefits - health insurance, dental, vision, retirement, Life Insurance.
- Would love to see a matching program for our 401Ks as we continue to grow the business - Not so much a con, but more of a heads up. We move at a lightning pace and will change direction at that pace depending upon the needs of the business. These sudden changes can of course be stressful, but if you can be adaptable and approach each situation with a positive mindset, overcoming these challenges can be really rewarding.Housecall Pro Response2w
Long tenure, at the hub of all management training and skill development, and a thoughtful perspective on the value that Housecall Pro has created for our employees. Wow, you totally get it! Housecall Pro has made a huge investment in our people, we aspire to have extraordinary managers in service to the development of their teams, we want to have high performing squads that focus on their goals and ladder all the way up to an obsession around our mission. Helping our people do their best work is our goal and we are on that path. Never a straight line but the strategy and the investment get us there steadily. Thank you for the feedback.
- 5.0Nov 29, 2023Associate, TrainingCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
1. There are a lot of job opportunities available for you. You will go far if you work hard and bring your all daily. 2. The pay is really good for where I live, and I can work remotely, which is awesome considering I live where it snows 9 months out of the year. 3. No day is the same; you will not be bored working here. 4. It's a really rewarding feeling to be able to assist individuals day to day. 5. Encouraged work-life balance and to take days off. Your manager will try to make it so that if you request a day, you can get it off. 6. The benefits are really nice, and they're affordable.
1. None at this time.Housecall Pro Response7d
Good for you. You seem to have found a great environment to work in (albeit remote work) and opportunities to grow and learn. Good comp and benefits. Sounds like a terrific fit for everyone. Thanks for the feedback.
- 1.0Nov 18, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearDenver, CO
Only pro is you get to work 100% remote but this SALES ORG SUCKS avoid at all costs
This is the worst job I’ve ever had. Get ready to get over worked - there are so many awful things I could say about this place but I will just leave it at that. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS - this AE job is worse than any SDR job I’ve ever had4Housecall Pro Response3w
Something is amiss here. I look at the previous Account Executive review and the perspective is 180 degrees away from your own; polar opposite in that that AE thinks Housecall Pro is "Great Place to Work... innovative... people who genuinely care about your success... great pay." Typically this is the response we get from our sales team so perhaps you have a bad match up of your passion, skills and the business need? If there is anything that we can do specifically to support you or get you on a better track, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thank you for the feedback.
- 2.0Oct 6, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
-Remote work -Great health benefits (at least when I was there) -Good earning potential -Good work/life balance -Provided work amenities (standing desk, chair, MacBook)
-Low base pay (23.50/hour) -No longer offers desk and chairs for remote workers - Managers, not leaders - “It is what it is” culture when it comes to the poor job the SDR’s do -Huge focus on busy work -unlimited PTO (a literal joke of a concept) -The app itself is honestly pretty weak and behind the curve compared to some of their competitors.4Housecall Pro Response3mo
Doesn't sound like this was a good fit for you. Though you are listed as a current employee, your notes imply that you no longer work at the company so hard for us to tell the time period you are speaking to. One other dichotomy - you also talk about "good earning potential" but low base pay - sales will always have a fixed and variable or in other companies a purely variable comp model. It's the nature of sales and it means high performers can outearn their OTE by quite a bit. We work hard in the sales team to hire great people and manage them to their full potential, and to give them a lot of range to be rewarded when they do elevate to their goals. It doesn't seem like you found that match up and I am sorry to hear that. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
- 1.0Sep 14, 2023Sales Development Representative (SDR)Current EmployeeDenver, CO
No Pros- Blue collar clients, blue collar colleagues. If you are a real tech professional whose contacts are C suite and V level executives , this job is NOT for you.
Required 200 calls daily. Lots of slog work. Repetitive and soul crushing, work, you’re a machine. Lots of verbal abuse from potential clients. Was sexually propositioned over the phone, by a plumber. The contacts are uneducated and have never heard of requesting the “do not call list”. Instead they will scream at you because they got another call from the company. Most clients are “mom and pop” businesses, with no sense of professionalism ( like house cleaners) who will say yes to a demo then not show up. Too dumb to be honest and just say no. Waste of a professional’s time.5Housecall Pro Response3mo
First off, very sorry you were put in a tough position by the customer - that kind of behavior is not acceptable anywhere, in any walk of life. What I would suggest though is that not all people in the trades are like this one incident you had and to look down on the Pro en masse will never work in our business. Our Pros are extraordinary in so many ways - hard working, entrepreneurial, scrappy; just walk a day in their shoes, do the work they do and you will figure that out. If the job is not a great fit for you, if our mission of Championing the Pro is not your thing, you should go find the company and the customer that does light you up in this world. Life is short, your career is important, you should go find that fit and make the most of it.
- 5.0Oct 15, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
Great company that has an innovative pace! Great people to work with who genuinely care about your success! Been here for a year and don’t have anything bad to say! Best remote job ever!
At times, it can feel as though you are over worked, however the pay is great!
- 3.0Jul 31, 2023Virtual ReceptionistFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
You get to use bonusly. Environment outside of HCPA is a complete 180.
Quick burn out, low staffing, quantity over quality, product and procedures are awful, you are trained one way to then be told that’s wrong and a constant back and fourth. No opportunity for growth.8Housecall Pro Response5mo
Fastest growing business unit in HCP and we have a stellar team in the virtual assistant function. A really great success story for our Pros and our team. I am truly surprised by your response and it sounds like it just wasn't a good fit for you.
- 5.0Feb 24, 2023Fintech Strategy and OperationsCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
It's been more than a year since I joined the Fintech team. I have never been a part of a better team. In addition to its rigor and commitment to what's best for the customers, it is also known for its focus on continuous improvement and pushing the envelope when it comes to product development. This has helped to create a culture of experimentation and creativity, where employees are encouraged to think outside the box and take risks. I believe there are numerous opportunities for career advancement, with clear pathways for promotion and advancement. For example, many employees were able to try a new career path, for instance some frontline employees moved into junior product roles and flourished. I find it absolutely impressive that Housecall Pro is dedicated to providing such opportunities. Perhaps most impressive, however, is Housecall Pro's sense of community and collaboration. Despite its size and global reach, the company fosters a culture of inclusivity and teamwork, with open lines of communication between colleagues and management at all levels. In short, Housecall Pro offered me a work experience like nowhere else. I truly value its strong focus on company culture, leadership, development, and growth opportunities. If you are looking for a company that truly values its employees and offers ample opportunities for personal and professional growth, Housecall Pro is the right fit.
There are no free food, ping pong tables, or other finicky perks to be found in Silicon Valley.Housecall Pro Response10mo
What a thoughtful review - the detail on the team dynamics, the opportunities for growth and development, the appreciation of the culture and mission. Housecall Pro is a very, very rare company in terms of doing work that matters, the chance to expand your skills and impact, the data driven rigor we have in decision making and resource allocation. It starts with our service to the customer and it happens b/c of our extraordinary humans. Lucky us.
- 1.0Jul 11, 2023Enrollment SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Diego, CA
I’m telling you, there is none.. Just seems to get worse by the day here. Once you’re here you’d probably end up leaving a bad review just to have it replied to with filler nonsense.
My opinion on this company after being in tech sales for many years: Toxic culture Work life balance seems to be non-existent “Leads” are laughable. The pay can be very questionable. May as well work any entry level office job. Like a churn and burn sales org - seems like people come and go very frequently The sales leaders here don’t really seem to know what they’re doing and don’t seem like they have the experience to run this place anywhere but the ground. I’m not optimistic about the future of this sales department.6Housecall Pro Response5mo
Our sales people work a clean 40 hour week. Our sr. managers have years or even decades of experience in sales. We have a very transparent comp model and OTE, we sign up thousands of new customers each month, which adds validation to the quality of the leads. You've spent three years as an employee, it sounds like something went amiss for you. I am sorry to hear it. If I can help, let me know.
Housecall Pro Reviews FAQs
Housecall Pro has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 196 reviews left anonymously by employees. 68% of employees would recommend working at Housecall Pro to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.
68% of Housecall Pro employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Housecall Pro 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.