Houston Business Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "Account manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX

I worked at Houston Business Consulting (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity and great work atmosphere

Cons

A lot of time required

2. "Run away it is too good to be true."

Former Employee - Business Accounts Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Accounts Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish there were some real pros for this job. I guess some of the people that work there were nice

Cons

They also call themselves LSA-TX

The hours are ridiculous. If you have a family, be prepared to not see them at all.

You're going to lose money just by going to "work".

They will cheat you out of your commission by saying the sale cancelled or some other lie to keep the money for themselves.

They complain about how people don't know the question tree and sales, but they fail to realize that they rushed through training, they don't explain everything clearly, and they are shuffling around each morning like they haven't planned just throwing people out to lead a morning session without prep.

They tell you that there is a base salary, but that's a lie and they don't give you proper information on how the money really works.

If the pay were so great, then 95% of the sales staff wouldn't be driving cars that break down or busted up vehicles.

If you're fresh out of college and naive, then this is perfect for you. They'll use you, abuse you and then toss you to the side in a hurry.

Their view of customer service is get in there, trick them, get their card information to get the money and get out.

They say to not give out your phone number to customers. Almost every salesperson that makes a good amount of sale does. Then they tell you not to tell Yessika or Yani so they don't get in trouble.

Don't waste your life, your time or your money on this dead end scam. Trust me, I barely comment about anything and usually keep my mouth closed, but I refuse to be quiet about this. Once I quick the job I felt better and the job I have now is much better.

They'll say you're not using the systems and don't have a great attitude, but that's just so they can shift the blame on you.

Don't get burned while the "bosses" make all the money and you get your nice weekly check of $98.00. Man working 11 hours per day really pays off....Not!

Advice to Management

Be truthful up front and maybe the reviews would be different.

3. "Awkward"

Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Management in Houston, TX

Pros

Money was awesome as well as the co workers

Cons

The driving was the worst

Advice to Management

Increase commision

4. "Great"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team building, upward mobility, dedication that management puts into ensuring your success. Great work environment. Very professional and definitely a great place to gain valuable work experience especially if you are a recent graduate like myself.

Cons

My commute everyday but then again it's Houston. I suggest that if you aren't motivated, find something more of your pace. This is a fast paced environment and it does not wait on anyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

5. "hmmm.."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

very professional, growth opportunities, funny pre work.

Cons

30% of your money goes to your gas, tires, etc.

Advice to Management

must have better leaderships.

6. "Cut Throat"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Houston, TX

Pros

You feel like you a community surrounding for you and cheering you on from the beginning. However, it didn't feel completely authentic at all times.

Cons

The work environment was very toxic, and the management pitted employees against one another, which added to the negative atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Be more upfront about the job and the actual day to day responsibilities. It felt like I left a good, stable job with an completely different understanding of what the job was that I was taking.

"No..."

Former Employee - Account Manager/Salesman in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager/Salesman in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Business Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun being around people. Helped pass time (morning meetings). Seems like there's room for growth, but you gotta do the dirty salesman job first in order to move up. But when you move up to asistant manager or whatever that was (so many titles that I don't recall), you'd still be selling. They say you might end up running an office someday, and that seems true. But it's hard to get the right people under you to help you run the new office. I mean come on. It's a sales job. It's not attractive to others. So there's no gaurentee that you can manage an office if these sales people keep quitting their job or if they don't work hard enough. What's the point of being a king when you have no underlings? What a sad king.

Cons

Work hours: 8am-6:30pm. HELL NO! More like 7:30am-7:30pm.

They say we do business to business sales for T-Mobile. Well, they mean door to door sales. They're just trying to be fancy. And what do you mean by you're an Account Manager? It's Salesman. Just say it. SALESMAN. don't be so misleading. And my god, too much driving. Take note that you'll probably have a hard time balancing your work and personal life.

When you're on board, they treat you like family. When you decide to leave, they act like they don't know you anymore. Becareful, these people wear masks. It's hard to trust anyone. And once you leave, they can immediately replace you just like that. They never truly cared about you. They just want you to get the job done. The fun meetings and Thursday nights is just a bribe for you to stay. This job is for people who loves to drive and manipulate people in believing in "good deals" from T-Mobile, and for those who doesn't have a life back home. Literally. Best of luck. But hey, if you have NO other job options, or if you're stuck somewhere in life, then this is your best choice.

Advice to Management

There ain't a HR management. Just a front desk/recruiter who claims to be one. "Management," stop seeing us as numbers. Don't just recruit people with pretty words. Be honest about the job description. Don't waste our time. If you guys want to find qualified people, then be honest.

"Look underneath the beauty"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Houston Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers
    Great learning opportunity

Other than the friendly people, the only pro that is decent is that the team building and games they play before going out does actually help you. While most are fairly silly, it helps you think faster on your feet.

Cons

Rude clientele
    Pay is misleading
    Door-to-door sales

I need to address the pay. They claim that you have two options. $500 base pay and 25% commission, or 100% commission and 160% MRC. I need money. That's why I got this job in the first place. So I choose the first option, but then got told that its better to have the second option and get automatically slotted in the latter. Then they tell me that I won't get paid for two weeks because of their payroll. Seriously?!?! It says weekly pay!!! They also don't tell you that you will be using your car and they don't provide gas reimbursement. I wasted a whole full tank of gas on my first day!!

They also don't let you know that nearly every person you try to talk is passive-aggressive. I was threatened four different times on my first day and could only continue to surpass their three objections (they tell you to do this) and then left. At one point, the owner threatened to have me arrested for trespassing. Things would have been different had I not been working for this company and my responses would have matched his aggressiveness. They tell you to ignore "No Solicitating" and go in the business anyway. Really?!?! This is Houston. You can get shot for doing things like that.

The last problem I want to bring up is the promotions. If everyone is making such good money, why does everyone have the crappiest cars. I'm talking crappy as in falling apart and numerous problems. If the pay is as good as they say it is, then why does the Assistant Manager (who makes 4k a month plus double commissions) have all these issues with money and his car. Also, I have to pay for my own benefits?!?! The no benefits thing is probably why everyone can't afford to fix their cars A/C. Take into account that no matter what the weather condition is like, you can bet your next check that you will be going door to door in extreme conditions wearing a full suit sweating your arse off.

Advice to Management

Stop being so deceitful in the interviews.
    Give new recruits enough time to master their sales pitch before "throwing them to the wolves."

"Great place to work and room for growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Houston Business Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for less than a year and I'm really impressed. This is the best work environment I have ever worked in and I plan on staying here for as long as I can. It's like family here and everyone is very positive about everything. I feel like I get acknowledged and appreciated for everything I do.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any cons for working here yet.

10. "Schedules work hour"

Current Employee - Sales Associate -part Time in Lawrenceville, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate -part Time in Lawrenceville, NJ

I have been working at Houston Business Consulting part-time

Pros

managers are very good...work very hard to control their floors...need more help to allow them to do their jobs properly

Cons

System is not flexible too hard to make changes

Advice to Management

Need more staff..physical need to place merchandise on the floor detracts from out ability to service customers we need stock help ...particularly during the changing of seasons