Houston Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

1. "Lpn"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Houston Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone works together. Management, salary, and benefits are good.

Cons

There are not really any cons

Advice to Management

Be more approachable and hands on

"Build experience or stay and build a slow but steady career"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Houston Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked in the IT department and there was little shortage of technical benefits. The company provided the latest smart phone and add-on devices such as smart watches, the latest iPad and Surface Pro tablet computers, Microsoft Developer Network subscription, on and off-site training, financial and learning support for many common industry certifications, and all expense paid annual business trips to technical/clinical expos.

The health insurance benefits are excellent if you use the services provided by the company.

The people that work in the IT department are great. All of the clinical IT analysts are experienced and knowledgeable, friendly, approachable, and easy to work with - be prepared to make friends. The technicians are also very skilled in their abilities and customer support.

The IT department held bi-monthly cookouts for lunch on Friday, and frequently all IT staff were given the rest of the day off. There were also special cookout lunches for Memorial Day weekend, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and other days of the year.

The company provides an annual reward of 2% maximum merit/market increase for good work performance.

Cons

Some of the IT management can be difficult to work for, and the healthcare environment can be very intense at times. There were many days where my boss and the senior developer would stress out and threaten to fire me if certain tasks weren't completed by close of business. There were many days where I worked very late hours to ensure that I would still have a job in the morning.

Due to the clinical environment, there were some days where IT employees were required to stay late or come into work in the early hours of the morning, but usually those individuals were permitted to leave early and come in late the next day.

The pay is not great, but if you take all of the benefits into account then the employee compensation seems much better.

There are little to no opportunities to advance your career within the company.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding to the employees and refrain from using threats to inspire your employees to work faster.

3. "Great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Houston Healthcare (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are fantastic and opportunities to advance good. Pay is average.

Cons

HR department completely runs the hospital. Morale is in the tank.

4. "Good Ole Boy Network"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Houston Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are part of the "network", it is a great place to work.

Cons

If you're not in "The good ole boy" club- you will be miserable. No real advancement unless someone dies ...

Advice to Management

Sometimes the "in the know" bunch- don't know ANYTHING. Research some info on your own- that place COULD be phenomenal

5. "Health Unit Coordinator"

Former Employee - Health Unit Secretary in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Health Unit Secretary in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Houston Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule, People, Patients, Atmosphere, Pay

Cons

People, Consistent, Food, Support System,

Advice to Management

Be proactive

6. "Health Unit Coordinator"

Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Health Unit Coordinator in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Houston Healthcare (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working here. The staff in my department have been encouraging while I have been in school for a Respiratory Therapist.

Cons

Right now my biggest down fall is that they are not hiring for an Respiratory Therapist

7. "PCA"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Houston Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the atmosphere! Everyone is so helpful and nice. And the schedule is flexible! They really care about their employees and patients.

Cons

Nothing really bad here honestly. Everybody seemingly to enjoy working here. The only thing is parking is a good little distance from the hospital.

"Staff Nurse"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Warner Robins, GA
    Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Warner Robins, GA

I have been working at Houston Healthcare part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Houston Healthcare is dedicated to providing quality care to patients. The work environment is difficult, but employees band together to support each other in many areas.

Cons

Changes have been implemented to prevent staff members from having favorable reviews, thus decreasing the minuscule raises that they would potentially receive, if they ever gave them.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to provide adequate compensation for the skills and education provided by the employee. The company should focus on retaining valuable employees.

9. "Refuses to accommodate disabled even with a lawyer"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Houston Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I worked there for over 14 years. Some of the staff were team players and some were not and really the only pros was benefits and insurance

Cons

Houston medical will repeatedly let go those needing disability accommodation and those using their insurance too much and working staff short too many times. Then after the staff shortage gets worse by staff quitting because of the heavy workloads then it takes months before they will post job adds to fill all the vacant spots and then they never hire enough staff even then

Advice to Management

All upper management needs to be let go and only those who have worked there for years should be put into the upper management positions. The current upper management doesn't know what is going on on the floors, current management just does stuff to save on insurance costs, save by not acommodating disabled and save money by working with chronic staffing shortages.

10. "Accounting Department"

Former Employee - Accounting Department in Warner Robins, GA
    Former Employee - Accounting Department in Warner Robins, GA

I worked at Houston Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, Organized for the most part, very helpful staff, job security

Cons

pay, no overtime , short lunches, very strict on rules