Houzz Customer Service Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

3.9
Houzz Chief Executive Officer Adi Tatarko
Adi Tatarko

"Houzz has a great work-life balance! I never have to worry about taking work home with me."

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Houzz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity for growth. Good benefits. PTO and sick days are great. The work-life balance offered by Houzz exceeds most companies. Fun place to work and everyone is super helpful!! Houzz also has a fully stocked fridge with snack foods and drinks everyday which is super nice!

Cons

Very fast pace which can be overwhelming at times. The training didn't quite prepare me for the workload because there isn't much hands on training, but it's easy to get the hang of once you start doing it!

Houzz2017-03-08

"Customer Service Coordinator"

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I worked at Houzz full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Pay is decent for a just out of college position. - Everyone is friendly and helpful, especially when you're just starting. - Free breakfast on Mondays, free lunch on Fridays, and workout Wednesdays are nice little milestones for the week. - Kitchen is fully stocked. - Technology used is up to date and reliable, which I find is always a plus.

Cons

- The biggest con I encountered while working at Houzz was a clear lack of transparency. While I was being recruited, the recruiters and interviewers left out key information about the position and company and even told me things that I learned to be untrue very quickly after starting. For example, in this position, I was told that the job was not a call center job, calls were outbound only, work life balance was incredible, you could volunteer (they emphasized the word volunteer) to work on weekends and holidays as this is a customer service operation that doesn't stop. Once I started, it was finally revealed that you don't have much control over what shift you are assigned, you are assigned weekends and holidays and have to beg to have them covered or reassigned if you have something come up or want to take a vacation, and, of course, the office is 100% a call center where you are expected to be ready to take calls for 8 straight hours a day. This would all be a nonissue and a matter of opinion if it were not for the clear opposite things I was told during my long interview process. They put such an emphasis on company culture and how much they love their jobs, but it worries me that would be so dishonest from the get go to get people to accept offers and leads me to wonder what life down the road would be like if I wanted to stick it out longer. - There is a lot of micromanagement in the Customer Service position - if you don't work well knowing that management tracks your number of calls, number of issues solved, and other data, this will give you anxiety. - Training does not prepare you for what you will handle in the day to day work of the role, but I think that's something most people are able to feel comfortable with quickly.

Houzz2017-03-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Houzz Marketplace"

Customer Service Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz

Pros

I have truly enjoyed working here! I feel incredibly lucky to work with such intelligent, creative and driven individuals. The environment is incredibly fast-paced, and we face new challenges within Customer Service each day. Although we take a lot of calls throughout the day, we use a sophisticated ticketing system that helps us easily manage the workload. Not only is the job itself rewarding, but there are a lot of perks to go with, including great health care, fully stocked kitchens, and the latest in office technology! If you enjoy meeting, bonding and sharing work experiences with a growing, thriving and diverse company, then you will fit in perfectly! The company rewards its employees with: monthly birthday parties, catered lunch every Friday, extravagant Holiday parties, etc. Houzz is the most positive and accommodating work force I have ever been a part of!

Cons

There aren’t necessarily any cons at Houzz, but dependent on the person there is one aspect that could be unfavorable for some. There is a lot of movement throughout the company, and as a start up things change frequently. If you are a person who likes a concrete routine and monotony, this may not be the right opportunity for you.

Houzz2016-02-18

"Working for Houzz"

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tons of perks such as a cool office environment, young professionals, breakfast every Monday and lunch every Friday. Fully stocked kitchen, planned activities and parties outside of work make the job a blast!

Cons

It is a startup so the company is constantly changing and evolving, which means the job changes often. Moving up and getting promoted is becoming harder to do as the company grows

Houzz2016-01-05

"Wouldn't Think About Going Anywhere Else!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Houzz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Houzz has been a really amazing experience. It's such a large company, but still technically a start-up so there is a lot of room for employees to be promoted pretty quickly based on their work ethic. The people who work here are genuinely nice, and the work environment is very open and friendly. When they first bring you in for an interview they do their best to make sure that any position they're considering you for would be something you would enjoy doing and be successful at. Management is always willing to listen to any ideas or concerns and make sure that you feel fully supported. They are really great at recognizing good work and making sure that you feel valued. Every month we have a Houzz birthday party to celebrate all employee birthdays in that month and share their favorite desserts. We also have baby showers, recognition events, holiday parties, etc. The company takes care to contribute to several charitable organizations as well, and they include their employees in invitations to donate time, goods, and money to local non-profit groups. Houzz takes care of their employees the way that a small family-owned business might, despite their much larger size, and they truly care about our well-being. They are really as altruistic as they seem, and it's very nice to come in to a workplace where you know that your main goal is to make sure that you're helping others and making people happy. It's a great place to be every day!

Cons

I don't know that I would consider these cons, but definitely some things to consider: They encourage very early mornings (which makes sense since we work with customers, sellers and pros from all over the nation), although they do not require that you come in early. Because we grow so fast, there are a lot of changes to get used to in systems and processes as updates are made to the website, or as new features are launched--although, frankly, I like that part. :) Also due to the quick growth, your work volume will fluctuate by degrees as time passes and new hires are trained. Some months you'll have a very even workload and be able to get ahead, and some months the volume of tasks will significantly increase, and you'll have a hard time finding the time to get it all done. They really mean it when they say that jobs for Houzz are fast-paced, and if that's something you thrive on I would highly recommend going forward with whatever stage you're at in the application process.

Houzz2015-05-08

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 5 reviews