KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Houzz

Engaged Employer

Houzz

Add a Review

Houzz Employee Reviews about "fully stocked"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 92 of over 1K reviews

4.1
Houzz Chief Executive Officer Adi Tatarko
Adi Tatarko
Pros
  • "There is a fully stocked kitchen and fun activities that the have for employees(in 95 reviews)

• "The kitchen was always fully stocked and I had great communication with my manager(in 92 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I might have had a different answer prior to COVID, but I've been super impressed with how upper management has handled the transition from home(in 37 reviews)

• "low pay compares to other companies in the same city(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "fully stocked"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Opportunity

Dec 21, 2020 - Client Success Sales Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Achievable goals - Supportive and strong leadership - Amazing and established product with lots of growth potential for the future - Promotions happen regularly and there is lots of opportunity to grow within - Fantastic company culture - "the people here make the place" - Product engineers really listen to us and our clients to develop meaningful updates - An office worth bragging about (2 fully stocked kitchens, Apple computers, great location, parking garage to keep your car out of the heat/ rain, and comfortable workspaces) - When in office, catered lunch every Friday - Quarterly birthday parties, baby showers, and frequent holiday activities/ treats - Great benefits - Day ends at 3pm for the CSM team

Cons

- No 401k matching - Communication has improved greatly over the years but still room to improve - Frequent product changes, while always for the better, require time to study up on and occasionally create less confidence in answering specific product questions - Working with upset pros is part of the job and at times can be stressful

1 person found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Yes, yes, and yes! Thank you for this amazing and comprehensive review. I totally agree with you that “the people make the place” and Houzz is full of such fantastic people that I am proud to call colleagues. I also appreciate your other feedback as we are always looking for ways we can improve, especially around communication and process changes. It’s so important to be heard, and if there is anything I can do to help, I hope you will let me know! Joey Nalevka, VP of Sales (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The people make the place!

Nov 10, 2020 - Marketplace in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I joined, Houzz was still in its very early stages and the first few years were explosive. We were in growth mode and pioneers within our industry. With that came the opportunity for quick career growth as new teams and positions became necessary, most notably within the Marketplace department. As of the last few years, I would say that Houzz has entered a more stabilized state. No longer considered a startup, we’ve more or less established our inner structure and departments. Career progression has normalized, with more time to deeply develop within a role. Pros: Very strong female leadership (and leadership in general). Great office perks, PTO, and health benefits. The culture and people are unparalleled. Prior to COVID-19 and work from home, coming into the office meant a fully stocked kitchen, ergonomic desk setup, and the friendly faces of those who, over the years, have become family. Having worked at other corporate companies, something that still strikes me today is how hard Houzzers pull for each others’ success. I feel this support from the top down.

Cons

Historically Houzz has been pretty against remote work, but that may be changing now. Opportunities for career growth at higher levels are less available. Individuals have been spreading themselves pretty thin for well over a year, but with COVID-19 that has been greatly exacerbated.

2 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for sharing this! You’ve seen so much in your time with Houzz, and your perspective is greatly appreciated. I completely agree that the people at Houzz are the number one thing that make it such a special place, and in particular I appreciate your call out of our leadership team with such strong female representation. COVID-19 certainly required a shift in thinking and accommodation for working from home, and our teams have been incredible in adapting to this new paradigm. It is very likely that we will see continued creativity and flexibility in office and remote work moving forward as a result. Lastly, if you think there is more we can be doing to better support Houzzers in finding balance, I’d love to hear your feedback - I know the team works incredibly hard and their wellbeing is important to me. If you have more to share, please reach out any time! Lisa Rambo, Vice President of Marketplace Operations (lisa.rambo@houzz.com)

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I ignored the bad reviews..

Dec 2, 2020 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

when in office: breakfast on mondays and lunch on Fridays (provided) fully stocked kitchen (pro and cons since it wasn't sanitary--100 people and one kitchen can only handle so much) excellent benefits (PTO/paid sick leave/maternity leave/WFH reimbursement)

Cons

micromanaging, favoritism, managers are not open to feedback or open discussion, 'i'm the manager, we are doing it this way because I said so' energy

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Houzz Makes Office Life Fun!

Jan 20, 2021 - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen, amazing office, catered breakfast every Monday and lunch every Friday, awesome new hire orientation and training, office celebrations for every single holiday, management is super supportive.

Cons

The only con is, since Houzz is an online company, you occasionally have to work on weekends and holidays to meet business needs. However, management spreads these days out well by taking surveys of which days everybody would prefer to work. Also, salary isn't the highest but it is decent for recent college grads.

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our new hire training has been a huge priority for us, so it is great to see it called out here. We want to provide the tools necessary for success to everyone that joins Houzz, and the ongoing leadership training offered is also meant to help our managers effectively lead their teams. It sounds like it is working! If you would like to share more about your time with us and how we can do better, please reach out! Peter Hoyt, Regional Sales Manager, (peter.hoyt@houzz.com)

5. 5.0

PHENOMENAL COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Aug 17, 2020 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best product offering (marketing and SaaS) in the home industry, bar none. Leadership: From the CEO/co-founder and President/co-founder, to the VP Sales and the Regional Sales Managers, to the Sales Managers - all were genuine, authentic, caring, and supportive people. Their leadership guiding the global company through the pandemic and sudden transition to work from home was admirable. They were empathetic, compassionate, and wise in their decision-making, leading to the company not just surviving, but thriving. On a day to day, these leaders are directly involved, actively helping you succeed in your role, maintaining communication, and providing support. Upward Mobility: Promotion eligibility requirements are clear, fair, and attainable. Mentorship and training are freely available from employees and leadership should one take the initiative to seek it out. Compensation: You have the opportunity to make significant money as an AE if you perform well and earn commission (uncapped) and bonuses. The only limit is the one you set yourself. Training: Solid training that will set you up for success - men and women, young and old, experienced and new have all been successful in their roles. Coworkers are all generous with their time and knowledge. The rest (intangibles) are up to you. Benefits: Company paid medical, dental, and vision. Company stock can be earned. Generous PTO and PSD. Safe parking garage across the street from the office. Office perks (pre-covid) were as good as any office in San Diego. Fridges and cabinets are fully stocked with drinks (kombucha and cold brew!!!), food, and snacks. Catered lunch every Friday. Unbeatable view of Downtown San Diego and Petco Park. Best tech equipment for employee use. Strong positive and fun culture. Fun holiday parties.

Cons

No 401k company match. You will read negative reviews about Houzz on Glassdoor or elsewhere. Everyone has a right to an opinion. I can only speak on my experience and what I observed. But do yourself a favor and take those negative reviews with a grain of salt. Your success in a sales role is largely dependent on you. Everything else, Houzz provides. So if you're confident in your skills and abilities, you can do very well here.

3 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for this thoughtful and thorough review! We truly believe we have put together a comprehensive program to set our sales team up for success and you’ve hit many of the highlights here. I’m so glad you shared your experience with us! Joey Nalevka, VP of Sales (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A Dynamic Work Environment with Endless Growth Opportunities

Aug 27, 2020 - Client Services Manager (CSM) in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are SO MANY value propositions that Houzz offers to their employees, from the unparalleled company culture, to an "open door" policy that enables you to be radically transparent with upper management. This is how a company grows, and effectively retain employees in my opinion. I feel like my voice is heard due to this fostering environment that Houzz promotes, and this makes me committed to help digitize the home improvement industry. My workdays at Houzz never get mundane, and the work I do feels meaningful. I've jotted down my overall experience coupled with some great takeaways I've had with the company.... My onboarding experience with Houzz contributed to all the work milestones I hit within the Client Success channel. You can tell that they invest HEAVILY into Learning and Development, and it pays off dividends (not to mentioned, you'll have continued education from the L&D department). I had all the resources coming out of my two-week training camp, to quickly acclimate into the role of a CSM. My advice for incoming CSM hires, is to take this "boot camp" seriously if you want to be successful with the company. You wear MANY hats in this role, and have to be versatile & self-sufficient at times. Bring your A-game, ask a lot of questions and retain as much information as you can (be a sponge). Once you've completed your training camp, you're on the way to hit the floor! Long story short, I've learned how to provide value and build meaningful relationships with the clientele that I work with. You will develop new skillset(s) throughout your journey in the Client Success role, and this is by far my largest takeaway from working at Houzz. The management team is another reason why I'm happy to be a part of this dynamic company. From your direct Manager to the VP of Sales, you are encouraged/welcomed to ask questions and speak your mind. We've had so many company initiatives, and built a more effective company roadmap, because management actually hears us out. Also, no one has an office, even our directors of the company. You can literally walk to their workspace and ask questions, they're super receptive and encourage employees to do this. Of course, top performers of the company will be recognized. If you put in the work and yield results, you'll be put in front of upper management from multiple departments. This is where you can provide your insight(s) and also hear directly from upper management on the trajectory of the company overall. I've found these meetings to be super motivating, and also put me in a position to advance into a more senior role. The company culture is the cherry on top. In short, it's AWESOME... You dress casual, and we have workout Wednesdays every week! The workspace is super vibrant, with themed conference rooms for you to visit or host meetings in. We have catered lunch every Fridays, coupled with two kitchens that are fully stocked (I typically start my days with 2 scrambled eggs and a nitro cold brew coffee). Also, management makes it a point to celebrate your birthday and/or personal milestones in life. You feel welcomed and motivated to work here from the uplifting company culture.

Cons

The biggest challenge with working for such a dynamic tech company, is that your role will be constantly evolving. If you're not adapting, you will be left in the dark, and your numbers will reflect this. Luckily, you have the support of your work colleagues coupled with management, to ensure you are evolving and adapting with new company initiatives & product updates.

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for this incredibly thoughtful and thorough review! It sounds like you have fully embraced everything that Houzz has to offer both as a new hire in training, and through the course of a career with us. What I see here most of all is a mindset of opportunity and success, and I appreciate you sharing it here so much! Joey Nalevka, VP of Sales (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

7. 2.0

Less than ideal.

Jan 14, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a fully stocked kitchen, and good benefits. The people there are the best part of the job, and the direct management team, as in direct sales managers were great.

Cons

To begin, I have never felt more expendable than I did with this job. Upper management, as in management anywhere above the regional manager, is completely out of touch with the Nashville office, more specifically the SDRs. No matter how well you do, or how far above goal you are, it’s never enough. They lie to you during the interview process. Many of us were told it was a salary job with capless commission. It is not salary, and once you start the job you realize that you don’t get any commission unless you get promoted to an AE. Essentially as an SDR you don’t feel like the company sees any value in what you bring to the table. They just had a mass lay off of SDRs, and this is the second mass lay off they have had within the last year. If you want any sense of job security, stay far, far away from Houzz. Also any positive review you see about Houzz, I can guarantee is someone from the management team or recruiting.

6 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

First, let me say how sorry I am that you felt the way that you did. That is not how I want anyone to feel on my team or at Houzz. Second, we take compensation transparency very seriously and make sure it is listed on the offer letter and clearly communicated. If this was not the case with you, please do reach out to me directly so that I can understand what happened and ensure it doesn’t happen again. I believe in our Sales Development Rep (SDR) role as a wonderful entry point into Houzz to start a career as a sales professional and will continue to hire for this role. As the leader of the sales channel, it’s my job is to ensure that our business is set up for success, which means that we are organized in a way that best serves our customers, our employees, and drives results for the business. As part of this, I’m constantly evaluating performance across our global sales offices and wide range of departments. I believe in the Nashville office and in what our Nashville team can achieve. Our Account Executive team has doubled in size, and we are hiring. While I wish your experience with us had been better, I am really happy to read your feedback on our managers, who I agree are among the best out there. Thank you for your contributions to Houzz, I wish you the best on your next chapter. Joey Nalevka, VP of Sales (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Stay away.

Mar 16, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Lunch on Friday -Fully Stocked Kitchen -Benefits start day one

Cons

Well I don't have to say much because all the reviews have said it for me. Take them all into deep consideration while researching Houzz as they are spot on!! I'll try to keep it short, I don't want to take up too much of my time. Houzz has done me and others wrong in so many twisted and different ways. I started to lose hope and think all sales jobs were like that until I got laid off at Houzz, along with many others, and started working elsewhere, with better pay and commission. Did I mention as an SDR at Houzz you don't get paid commission? Which is in itself absurd. Most of the times, they have given me a little treat (a mini sample size of candy/chocolate for an appointment I've set.) The pay isn't the only thing that's terrible, the undignified treatment, the constant changing of goals, and the micromanagement make it extremely difficult to succeed. Managers will literally sit behind you in a rolling desk and watch over your shoulder for no reason and scold you like high school teachers if you talk for a little bit with your team mates. I can assure you this is not normal and not how it should be. Management has a superiority complex and likes to talk about "transparency" all the time, but don't practice it at all. It's all fake rainbows and sunshine. Beware.

6 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thanks for the feedback. Our Sales Development Rep (SDR) role is a great entry point into Houzz to start a career as a sales professional, which I understand is not for everyone. Changes that involve people are never easy and we do our best to support employees through any transition. I wish you all the best on your next chapter. Peter Hoyt, Regional Sales Manager, Nashville (peter.hoyt@houzz.com)

9. 4.0

I wish they stayed open

Sep 5, 2020 - Learning and Development Specialist in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pro's working at Houzz comes with many perks and pros, if you will. They had a fully stocked kitchen, coffee on tap, free health, vision and dental! It was a pretty sweet set up. The training department is amazing. I have never worked for a department that is as hardworking and creative. My direct manager and director invested in me, gave me opportunities and pushed me to do my very best.

Cons

I don't have cons for working there. Some suggestions I have for continued growth are the following: - There is no 401k match - Stock options were only given to sales reps not support

Houzz on Glassdoor

First, thank you for the kind review! As you are aware, due to COVID we were forced to make some adjustments, and that included closing our physical office in Nashville. This was not a decision that was made lightly, as any decision that involves separating from employees is so very difficult. Thank you so much for your contributions and we wish you nothing but the best as you move forward. Ana Harris, Head of People, ana.harris@houzz.com

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy New-Hire

Jun 22, 2019 - Account Executive in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen Office Culture Work/Life Balance Benefits Catered breakfasts, lunches, and treats

Cons

401K-match - but I think that will change when Houzz goes public.

5 people found this review helpful