KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Houzz

Engaged Employer

Houzz

Add a Review

Houzz Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Oct 18, 2020

Found 20 of over 1K reviews

4.1
Houzz Chief Executive Officer Adi Tatarko
Adi Tatarko
Pros
  • "There is a fully stocked kitchen and fun activities that the have for employees(in 95 reviews)

• "The kitchen was always fully stocked and I had great communication with my manager(in 92 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I might have had a different answer prior to COVID, but I've been super impressed with how upper management has handled the transition from home(in 37 reviews)

• "low pay compares to other companies in the same city(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 3.0
      Former Employee

A mixed bag

Jul 29, 2020 - Anonymous Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- definitely the people. The team I worked for was amazing, I met many talented, helpful co-workers, and experienced managers. I made some life long friends at Houzz - top-notch recruiting team makes the interview process easy and smooth - many company small events, parties and team outings - catering meals and full stocked kitchens are great

Cons

- low pay compares to other companies in the same city - negative HR experience, I had a hard time to verify my employment at Houzz for my next position - lack of transparency as many other reviews said - company's goal was constantly changing

2. 3.0
      Former Employee

Pricing Analyst

Oct 18, 2020 - Pricing Analyst in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

good environment to work in, amazing people. low morale, due to low pay.

Cons

low pay, you can find a better paying job elsewhere.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun place to work, not much career growth

Jul 28, 2019 - Account Manager in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-amazing benefits -fun company culture - work with great people... everyone they hire really is young, nice and fun - no college degree required - free breakfast/lunches , fully stocked kitchen -amazing schedule (east coast hours) - always encouraged to use PTO - VP of sales is fun with great energy - great operations team that is always putting on team and office-wide events

Cons

- no opportunity to work from home - for orange county and the type of position, its low pay (not making money like the "good old days" (4-5 years ago at Houzz) - daily "huddles" where you have small talk with your team - overly recycled leads - goals often seem out of reach (there are new plans in place to help with this) - management (sales managers/director) are very clicky... same type of people always seem to get promoted - not much diversity within the office

8 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for submitting a review! I really appreciate the feedback on your experience in our sales org. I’m glad to see so many amazing pros listed, and appreciate the personal shout out. Diversity is important to us at Houzz, and we've overhauled our hiring and promotion interview processes to continue to ensure fairness. We are seeing positive results with this so far, and I'm troubled that you aren't seeing the same. Some of what I’m reading here is a wish for more autonomy in deciding how best to focus your time at work, and I hear you. I’d like to hear more if you are comfortable reaching out. Please feel free to shoot me an email. Joey Nalevka, VP of Sales (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fun place to work, limited growth opportunities

Aug 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great CEO. Fun office environment (parties and perks) and great benefits.

Cons

Limited career growth and opportunities. Great benefits, but low pay. Promotion appeared to be based on seniority, rather than qualifications/skill.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible place that will burn you out

Mar 25, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lunch on Fridays . Breakfasts are hit or miss. They’ll feed you something good one week then three weeks later turn around and serve oatmeal or cold cereal or fruit.

Cons

Everything. Low pay, no opportunity for advancement, makes you compete for 1 promotion every year and a half. Houzz fixes everything with food instead of actual resolutions . They’ll feed you doughnuts till you die instead of hiring managers with experience and personality and the ability to lead through inspiration. I cannot tell you how drained I am after trying my best for so long only to be turned down for promotions and opportunities for some arbitrary canned reason. This place is extremely cliquey . They are like high school girls who decide who is cool and who isn’t. Congratulations if you get to be the prom queen, but in the real world the people who get promoted are promoted on merit, integrity, and performance. Not at Houzz though. Just pretend you love The Office and can’t wait to show everyone pictures of your dog and you’ll be a shoe in for a promotion in no time. Just smile and nod and never ever question anything. They want people who drink the koolaid, they’re not interested in actual feedback.

18 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

First, thank you for submitting a review. What you are describing here is not in line with the experience we strive to create for our team. As you may be aware we have implemented leadership training to help ensure our managers are best equipped to help their teams develop. We have also begun a structured process for annual reviews, providing a framework to help people grow in their careers with us and reach their goals. If you are comfortable please reach out to me so that I can better understand your experience and how we can help. Dale Sahs, Director of Customer Support (dale.sahs@houzz.com)

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company has potential, but lacks leadership to be special

Mar 4, 2020 - Senior Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company and good product

Cons

Lack of leadership, employees don't feel valued, high turnover, and low pay.

5 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thanks for the review. Couldn’t agree more that investing in our employees is important! Some of the programs we have put in place in the last couple years include GreenHouzz, a full training program for new sales reps to ensure they hit the ground running, as well as a comprehensive review program for career development and career pathing. That said, we are always looking for ways to improve. If you would like to talk about how we can do more, please reach out! Jenn Meyer, Regional Sales Manager, San Diego (jennifer.meyer@houzz.com)

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Bad Leadership

Dec 23, 2019 - E-Commerce Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

A fully stocked kitchen. They're trying to be like a Google type of company in terms of in office (surface level) culture.

Cons

Poor leadership Low pay If you get verbally abused by one of the sellers they work with, they will put the seller's happiness over your safety

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Sales Development Representative

Nov 12, 2018 - Sales Development Representative in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros working for this company

Cons

Low pay, outrageous goals, micromanagement

14 people found this review helpful
    9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

They want you to believe you're a family

Mar 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office, young employees, lots of perks

Cons

Lack of diversity, low pay, poor management, no upward mobility, no salary negotiation. They say we are family, but that just gives them permission to expect everything of you without anything in return.

22 people found this review helpful

Houzz on Glassdoor

Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review. I’m sorry to see your experience was not a more positive one. I do want to mention that we have implemented several programs, including leadership training and a more formalized annual review process that I think address some of the frustrations you have expressed. If you are inclined to share more, please reach out. I am always open to understanding how we can do better. Joey Nalevka, VP of Industry Solutions, (joey.nalevka@houzz.com)

10. 3.0
      Current Employee

Out of college job

Apr 24, 2019 - Support Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Growth They feed you

Cons

Low pay Managers not properly trained

Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Reviews