Hoveround Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 19, 2019

4.2
Tom Kruse

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This is a company that is really helping people every single day and it's exciting to be part of it" (in 4 reviews)

• "Good benefits including options for Health Insurance and 401K" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "I really have no cons besides I wish I was at the retirement age and didn't have to work at all" (in 2 reviews)

• "My current position doesn't require as much contact with the field staff as it once did and I miss finding out what they are doing/" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice hours and not too many co workers. Love the environment

Cons

Very strict work hours and not too many days off. But nice work place

2. "Great work environment"

Former Employee - Branch Clerk in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Clerk in Houston, TX

I worked at Hoveround full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Best work environment and stable job

Cons

Nothing I could have sincerely complain about. You know what you are getting inti

"Gratifying employment and positive culture"

Current Employee - RTS in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - RTS in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Hoveround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been employed with Hoveround for less than a now, but during my time here I could have not asked for a better experience. On a daily basis, I feel like I have a direct influence on the improvement of our clients' quality of life and it is truly gratifying. Our clients seem to genuinely appreciate Hoveround's services, and as an RTS I am able to experience it first hand. I am proud to represent an organization that I sincerely believe improves the lives of their clients and stand behind equipment that in my opinion is second to none in the industry.

Cons

I have not been employed with Hoveround for long and have not experienced any major cons that would outweigh the numerous pros.

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Clinical Documentation Specialist
    Current Employee - Clinical Documentation Specialist

I have been working at Hoveround full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have been there over seven years, great place to work. Wonderful feeling helping people with their mobility needs. Good benefits including options for Health Insurance and 401K.

Cons

No cons, enjoy my job.

"I enjoy working at Hoveround."

I have been working at Hoveround full-time

Pros

I find Hoveround to be a very pleasant and rewarding place to work. I've had the good fortune to work for a very skilled and involved manager who has given me many challenging opportunities. I've made some wonderful friends and I actually have fun. I'm proud to say I work at Hoveround. Their products make a difference in the quality of life for people with mobility issues. I've seen that firsthand.

Cons

Sure, there are downsides in every workplace. Hoveround's office building is not very modern and there are problems with air conditioning, plumbing and lighting.

Advice to Management

You are all doing a good job but it would be nice if you would communicate directly with the employees on a regular basis. Some of us would like to know the state of the company and its future.

"Accounts Receivable Representative"

Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Accounts Receivable Specialist in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Hoveround full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Company has a great product. The power wheelchair that they manufacture helps keep many people independent, mobile and in their homes. Over the years there have been changes in the management teams throughout the Company. The current team in AR and other departments is very devoted to the Company and its clients. They work hard to ensure the employees have what they need to do their jobs. Recently, the upper management team in AR hosted "roundtable" discussions where they let the employees talk and provide recommendations and suggestions on whatever came to mind. What was great was they we, the employees, did all the talking. The VP wrote all the suggestions on the whiteboard as we went around the room. At the end, the CFO and VP discussed each and set deadlines for completion. Within 24 hours, we were receiving emails with items been completed. If that is not an engaged management team listening to their employees, I don't know what is. There is no question that the management team is spread thin; however, they do everything then can to make our jobs as easy as possible.

Cons

I wish there was a better balance between billing & collecting and answering inbound calls. This isn't really a management issue as much as an internal employee issue. Important for all employees to stay logged into their phones.

Advice to Management

Keep the roundtable meetings as well as providing follow-up on items discussed. Continue to stay engaged with the department. It is great being in a department where the VP and CFO are engaged and there to help. Although, you cannot solve every problem and cannot make everybody happy, it is great to see that you are trying. Those of us employees that have been here and are committed to the Company, know how hard you work and how much you have to offer. Thank-you.

"Rewarding"

I have been working at Hoveround full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Supportive management recognizes potential and encourages growth.
    Tools and training are readily available to those who have the drive to learn and be more involved in the process.
    Ongoing training is hands on and delivered by PROS that know the job and the market, inside and out.
    Great potential to advance, and diverse roles within the company allow you to expand your skill set and progress personally and professionally.
    Hoveround has allowed me (and encouraged me) to balance what's important to me in my personal life, and whats important to me professionally.
    I've truly learned some amazing things here that I may never have had the opportunity to do elsewhere. The company has plenty of innovative and creative staff and management that promote change and growth to keep things interesting and stay competitive. I am happy to be a Hoveround team member! And I'm very grateful to the managers who recognized my potential and encouraged me to succeed! It is a pleasure to work for a company you can be proud of, and to work for people you respect, and are respectful of you.

Cons

Stronger Coffee. That's all I got!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Challenging and gratifying career at a company I take pride in every day!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Hoveround full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working in an ever changing healthcare landscape is challenging but extremely rewarding. We customize software applications in order to serve our clients efficiently and with an emphasis on compliance. Our teams exchange ideas and create custom solutions that help our staff navigate through the complex process of helping clients with impaired mobility find the right products to help them achieve independence and improve quality of life.
    I have worked with people here for years who all genuinely care about that end goal. When I walk through the manufacturing floor and see the power chairs in assembly, I think about all the people whose lives will be truly changed by the equipment and service we provide.

Cons

We sometimes have to put projects on hold while we respond to insurance, regulatory or third-party vendor changes. There are several applications we would like to re-develop entirely but we find ourselves instead dealing with the latest changes we must implement in our existing applications.

"around for a reason"

I have been working at Hoveround full-time

Pros

Opportunity to grow personally and professionally.

Cons

Unstructured pay raise schedules and the occasional upset customer.

Advice to Management

Bring the 401k match back.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Hoveround full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Hoveround for nearly 9 years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon! The company is a great local company that helps people nation wide get their DME equipment, which it is great helping people become more mobile. There is opportunity to move up in the company and we are treated like family. It is a structured environment but management is very easy to talk to when needed. Over all a great company to work for.

Cons

I really have no cons besides I wish I was at the retirement age and didn't have to work at all.