Hoyle,Tanner & Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 26, 2017

4.2
Christopher R. Mulleavey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "If you have to go to work, this is the place to do it..."

I have been working at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am lucky enough to have a Supervisor who appreciates others' talents and doesn't hold them back. The firm as a whole does a great job at sharing talented people (i.e., resources) between different groups and in doing so gives employees the ability to learn and grow and find their niche while providing outstanding support to our clients. The firm is supportive when it comes to a healthy work/life balance and they appreciate that family comes first. The corporate administration team works hard to remain adaptable and continues to listen to its employees to make positive changes in the firm and it shows; they care about their people. Many of the employees have been with Hoyle, Tanner for over 15 years which speaks volumes in and of itself. On the less serious side, it is also a FUN place to work! The Fun Committee hosts events throughout the year to include all of the 5 office locations; opportunities to volunteer with non-profit organizations are offered regularly (road races, food drives, etc...); and many other 'out-of-the-norm' activities go on, making it a fun, yet productive, place to work.

Cons

I haven't come up with any negatives...I don't dread coming to work every day, I actually look forward to it some days. How many people can say that?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Listen to your people and keep the lines of communication open and you will no doubt be one of the BEST COMPANIES to work for. :-)

2. "Wonderful Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The People: Never have I worked in a place where there are so many kind, hardworking people. The length of time that some people have been with this company showcases that while everything may not be perfect, it's an overall good place to have a career.

The Work Environment: I love that Hoyle, Tanner has so many different departments, like aviation, transportation, bridge, environmental, marketing, accounting, human resources, and land development. In my administrative position, I get to work with every person on some level. The company is small enough that you can get to know coworkers on a first-name basis, but large enough that you get a variety of projects and teammates to interact with. I have only dreaded coming to work once or twice, which for me is record-breaking. I am happy with the work environment, the friendly atmosphere, and the hard work that the employees put in.

The Fun: The company provides an amazing atmosphere at Christmas, with friendly decorating competitions and a fun employee party. It’s really the time of year when you see a more joyful side of people. There’s a fun committee that provides some sort of game or celebration once a month for people to enjoy food and mingle. There are always opportunities to volunteer or participate in a mini competition, you just

Cons

The only cons are that some people let their bad moods affect a lot of their interactions. Unfortunately, this is common everywhere and there’s not much to do about it except keep your distance when possible.

Advice to Management

Keep making the culture fun and don’t try to grow too fast. Honor newer AND senior employees by hearing out ideas. Appreciate non-engineering staff for the jobs they do

"Keep Looking"

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you have been there a while you can do what you want if your supervisor likes you

Cons

Not much growth, very little accountability of management

Advice to Management

Too many chiefs that don't know how to manage people or projects

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Bridge Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Bridge Engineer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with this company for a long time and really like the group of people that we have, professionalism and everyone's dedication.

Cons

No Cons that come to mind. If there were any major ones I would not be working here.

Advice to Management

Keep knowledgeable and experienced staff and keep being a successful firm!

"Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Manchester, NH

I have been working at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional, intelligent engineers and staff work here. This is a company that will listen to employees and help them grow. Staff tend to stick around for a long time and there is not a lot of turnover which is a huge plus for company culture. The manchester office is in a great location for walking around to cafes, etc at lunch.

Cons

Parking is located across canal street but not a deal-breaker by any means.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff like you already do.

"Highly Fulfilling Job"

I have been working at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time

Pros

I've been at Hoyle, Tanner for 2.5 years and have had great opportunities to advance my career that I truly don't think I could find somewhere else. My job is very diverse between design and management of projects with plenty of time outside on job sites. Oh and the people are wonderful too!

Cons

There aren't any notable cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Poor"

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

The hours are long and unmanageable

"Decent place to work"

Former Employee - Civil Engineer in Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Civil Engineer in Manchester, NH

I worked at Hoyle,Tanner & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good mid-size company. Very stabile--most employees stick around for quite a while. Because it's not too big, there is a sense of community that large companies lack. Management and employees have a friendly, cordial relationship. The Manchester office is really quite nice.

Cons

I wish there was more work sharing between groups and offices to stabilize the workload. There is sometimes a lack of communication between management and employees.

Advice to Management

You're doing well. Steady as she goes. Keep your clients and employees happy and everything else will be OK.