Hub Enterprises "investigative" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hub Enterprises Employee Reviews about "investigative"

Updated 26 Feb 2016

2.2
Hub Enterprises CEO James H Romero (no image)
James H Romero
Pros
  • "I spend my time conducting court research, taking recorded investigative statements from Claimant's, witnesses, etc(in 8 reviews)

• "Most of the case managers are personable and easy to work with(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unorganized, I was a case managers assistant and basically did the job of a case manager for a fraction of the pay(in 18 reviews)

• "There have been numerous investigators hospitalized(in 17 reviews)

Reviews about "investigative"

Return to all Reviews

"I've been working for Hub Enterprises for approximately five years as a full-time employee."

Private Investigator in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at Hub Enterprises

Pros

Hub Enterprises is a fantastic investigation corporation to work for. As an employee I feel that the pay rate is above average, and structured according to job title and experience. My cases are usually scheduled within a 50 mile radius 95% of the time, and rarely have to travel out-of-state to cover another regions, depending on workflow. As a private investigator in the southern California region I always have... available work with little or no downtime periods.

Cons

I started with Hub Enterprises as a rookie with minimal experience. I received on hands Field training with another experienced investigator for approximately two months. I learned how to properly format field reports and following protocol on each assignment. My case manager Lisa Xangsayasane has mentored me and continues to due so throughout my private investigator career. My case manager is knowledgeable on every... case and doesn't miss a detail. My work schedule is updated on the daily, and is scheduled two weeks in advance, with minimal changes. All case information is updated with ample enough time to review. If needed our case manager is available throughout the entire day seven days a week with assistance. For the most part, the company is well structured and continues to evolve, make beneficiary software changes and, keeping up with technology advancements.

Advice to Management

The management team is organized with prompt staffed updates, and great communication with employees. Video department and IT support provides fast technical support in the field.

Hub Enterprises2016-02-26
  2. "Fair pay, interesting work, plenty of overtime"

Current Employee - Investigator/Field Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Hub Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked for HUB as an investigator in the DHECC program (investigating BP Oil Spill claims) for about 5 months now. I'm very pleased with the company overall and I enjoy the work. The schedule is flexible, the pay is decent, and there is plenty of work. I spend my time conducting court research, taking recorded investigative statements from Claimant's, witnesses, etc., and other duties such as writing reports,... etc. As with any job, there are always things that could be done differently; however, I have no complaints overall and enjoy my work. I spent 12+ years in law enforcement prior to deciding to enter private investigations and joining HUB and I only wish I would've made the transition into the private sector sooner. My stress level is way down and I have much more freedom, which is great.

Cons

Some of the case managers seem inexperienced and/or lack confidence. Overall, I have no complaints. This is a good job and a decent company to work for.

Advice to Management

Consider promoting from within when hiring case managers. There are several field reps who would make excellent case managers, having first hand experience working in the field and understanding the job. Other than that, continue what you're doing. Thanks for the opportunity to work with your organization.

Hub Enterprises2016-01-22

"It definitely is not ideal long term"

Investigator

I worked at Hub Enterprises

Pros

-At the very least a stepping stone to better positions -Plenty of work and over time available. -People are nice most of the time -Pay is on time and most of the time there is very little communication as the expectations are pretty much set up for you Overall the money is good and the people are generally reasonable and easy to get along with. If you're a college student and are looking for some sort of... risk/investigative experience, this is a good place to start if you don't mind the travel and hours.

Cons

-Expectations to perform are unrealistic at times -Manager's can be difficult to communicate with simply due to lack of face time. -High mileage on your vehicle -Travel is expected -Very little time off If your not someone entry level, this really is not the job for you. If your an ex cop looking to make an easy fifty thousand a year, trust me it's not easy. This is a great job to get experience and make... money, but I would not expect anything more then that

Advice to Management

Create growth opportunities.

Hub Enterprises2015-06-18

"Stepping Stone"

Field Representative

I have been working at Hub Enterprises

Pros

Getting experience in the investigative world

Cons

Case managers need course in professional management and manners

Hub Enterprises2015-03-24

"Hoping an praying for a new and better job"

I have been working at Hub Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Case managers are improving their people skills, but you still CRINGE when you have to call in an update. If you are single and have no family life or friends or pets at home and like to drive A LOT, then this is the job for you! Best thing is you have to only talk to the home office not see them. Over time is weird and screwie, enjoy getting pulled over for window tint just so you can do your job. Have fun... putting a TON of mile on your own car, and when you are being worked to DEATH (sometimes 1 month + with no break) you get to look forward to no work December-February or hardly any. Do you like not being able to plan out your week?? Then THIS is the job for you!! Ok you do get a free company phone, WITH BONUS GPS TRACKER and the ability to transmit what you say without the phone making a call! Isn't that GREAT. The phone can't be turned off and you cant even access your work email from it. God forbid you need to look something up regarding your file, well that's why you have your own phone didn't you know! If you like being micromanaged (IE if you live where it snows, they have NO idea why you can't drive through 14 inches of snow ((isn't it like sugar??)) ) Have a family life? Well Kiss it goodbye! HUB doesn't give two flips unless you schedule it WAY in advance or it's during their slow times. Do a good job? Well you might here back from a client if they are REALLY happy, but don't expect a kick back. Honestly if you need experience then I guess you can get it from the McDonalds of the investigations world but that's all it's good for.

Cons

See the pro section. There really isn't much benefit from working here, aside from the fact that you don't ever see the office staff.

Advice to Management

Pay your people what they are worth! As soon as that cell phone tracker came up, I started looking for a new job! Don't punish the honest people for the bad ones or at least give a cell phone that actually works! Get it together, no wonder the turn over rate is terrible.

Hub Enterprises2014-09-29

"Don't work here unless you need the money or need Investigative experience."

Former Employee - Field Representative/Insurance Defense Investigator

I worked at Hub Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get experience conducting claims and surveillance investigations that you can put on your resume. Most, if not all, other investigative firms and insurance companies will not hire you off the street without insurance investigations experience. HUB has a good reputation in the industry to its clients so it will be a nice thing to put on your resume. Its reputation among its current and former employees is... a different story. They don't give you a hard time if you work OT and the pay is always on time.

Cons

HUB has such a high turnover rate that it needs bodies so they'll hire anyone that can pass a background check and get licensed. The requirements for the position are low (college degree not required), and the initial screening process for applicants is nonexistent. If they need a body in an area, they just scan the hundreds of emails that come in from monster.com etc. and pick one for that area. One... telephone interview and you're hired. One in-person interview if you're in an area with an experienced Investigator that the company trusts/likes. Despite the high number of applicants, if you work in a high volume area, they will not properly staff that area. Therefore, if you're hired full-time, you will be their work horse. They might hire a part-time person, but that part-timer will soon learn about the numerous negatives about the job and turn down work. Full-timers do not have that option. They operate like this, because they have no control over how much work they get from the clients (Insurance Companies) and they do not want to be over staffed when there is no work. If you're F/T status, they work you to the bone seven days a week (if the case load in your area is high) both claims and surveillance cases. If you have a family that you like to spend time with, don't take this job. They do not care about anything other than you working your cases. The pay is bad for the type of work you do and the type of stress you experience from the people you have to deal with, both claimants and management itself. ZERO salary negotiation. If you don't like what they offer, they contact the next person. Horrible health insurance plan (only if you're F/T). Only one type, take it or leave it. You can find better plans on your own. Only 5 paid holidays and 7 personal days TOTAL. If you're in a busy area, you will not find time to take personal time off. If you're not in a busy area, you will not have enough hours worked to accrue personal time off. OT is paid in half-time, not time and a half. Example, if you're rate is $17/hr., your OT rate is only $25/hr ($17+$8) and not $42/hr ($17+$25). Exception is in CA and possibly other states depending on labor laws. Because of the nature of the work, you have no set schedule and weekend work (especially for surveillance cases) is expected. Surveillance cases start at 6:00 a.m. and could go on all day. The training program is comical. You sit in on a few video telecons and you review (on your own) a few templates and sample reports that were obtained online. It was about 40 hours of classroom and on the job training total. If you have a more experienced investigator in your area, they might let that investigator go with you on your first few cases. Otherwise, you're thrown right into the fire and expected to be productive from Day 1. You need to provide all your own equipment, laptop, video camera, digital camera, memory cards, pens, paper, manilla folders etc. They use a head scratching mileage reimbursement formula that pays you about a gallon of gas for every 15 miles that you use. Expect your car to be run into the ground. If you work surveillance cases, you'll be running your car in idle in heat and cold for 4-8 hours a day. You'll need to get super dark window tint. You get micromanaged out the yang! Email updates are expected after everything you do on a case, including every phone call you make. There are a TON of redundant things you have to do. Updates, Summaries and Reports have most, if not all. of the same information in all of them, but you have to come up with creative ways to write and then re-write them. Case Managers, who are you're first line supervisors, have ZERO training in management and most have no more than a high school diploma from Louisiana. They make less than the Investigators which is probably why they are rude, demanding, bossy and condescending. The organizational structure is perplexing. They have the Field Rep/Investigator working the case who reports to a HUB Case Manager, who reports to a HUB Client Representative, who reports to the Insurance Client Representative, who talks to the Insurance Adjuster that is handling the claim. The timekeeping system is a major irritation. You literally have to log every minute of your day. 2 minute phone call, 5 minute email update, 3 minute internet research, 10 minute case review, 15 minute cold call, 9 minute photographs etc. You could start your day at 8:00 a.m. and end your day at 6:00 p.m. and then find out you have only 5 hours of billable time to enter on your timesheet. HUB underbids contracts with Insurance Companies for this work so their profits margins are razor thin. As a result, compensation and benefits are lousy and the demands for productivity are very high. There are Investigators who have done this 5+ years but that's probably because they have no other options. The vast majority of Investigators stay one year or less. Your maximum earning potential will be about $49k-52k working seven days a week, 40-60 hours a week, driving 100+ miles a day in a high volume work area. If you're in a low volume work area, you'll be lucky to scratch out 20 hours a week to work. When they evaluate you, they will be looking at how much it cost them to pay you to work a case vs. how much they got paid by the client for that case. If you cut into their profit margin too much or too often, you'll be disciplined and/or get fired.

Advice to Management

Management has a formula and they're sticking to it. They don't care about employee concerns. If you leave, they'll just find another body to take your place.

Hub Enterprises2014-09-16

"A sub-par investigation company with terrible management."

Former Employee - Claims/Surveillance Investigator in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hub Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

After working with hub for about seven months, other investigation companies were impressed that I stayed with such a crappy company for so long!

Cons

The case managers have no experience with investigations. The managers are rude, disrespectful, and expect investigators to work 70 to 80 hour work weeks with no breaks. A day off? Good luck. This company will hire people with no experience and provide no insight as to how to conduct thorough investigations.

Advice to Management

Learn your field. Treat your investigators with respect. Hire a case manager that doesn't come from the same trailer park as the rest of them. Give your investigators a day off once in a while.

Hub Enterprises2014-09-16

"You be the judge!"

Current Employee - Investigator

I have been working at Hub Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent money and they pay you for the time it takes to write your reports. Drive time is at a reduced rate for surveillance, but investigative rate for claims. Expenses every Tuesday and payday every two weeks, plus a monthly mileage bonus check once a month.

Cons

You are either working 60 80 hours a week or your not working at all during certain times of the year. Managers are rude and disrespectful and schedule an impossible workload. Get used to super 8 or motel 6 and putting 50000 to 60000 miles a year on your car. This company does not believe in days off for family or personal time or vehicle repairs.

Advice to Management

Train them so they actually know what they are doing, instead of promoting them from typists.

Hub Enterprises2014-01-06