HubSpot Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
  1. "Make an impact"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

As an engineer at HubSpot, I have a ton of freedom and a ton of responsibility to make our product better. It can be daunting to own a project when it is just an idea to start, but we are given the development tools and the resources to do our jobs well. It is a great feeling to see something is wrong, fix it, test it, and get it out to our customers the same day.

Cons

As the company has gotten bigger, sometimes it is hard to know what’s going on in other parts of the organization like the marketing team or security team.

HubSpot2019-11-08
  2. "Excellent Onboarding Experience"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Although I am still new to the HubSpot team, I am amazed with how much support and consideration I have received. In my first two months, I met with so many members of my team as well as the teams I would be recruiting for, and every person was willing to answer my questions. My manager is very supportive of my growth, and we have already started development conversations within the first month.

Cons

I don't think this is a con but just some advice, if you are proactive then the opportunities are endless, but you can't just sit back and hope it will all come to you.

HubSpot2019-11-06

"Absolutely Incredible - I'm never leaving!"

Current Employee - Learning Designer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility (work from home, remote work, unlimited vacation) intelligent/positive/understanding people, motivated and proactive workforce, leadership is genuine and practices what they preach.

Cons

It's such a flexible work environment that it may be a huge shock to someone coming from the outside or from a very structured and disciplined background. This does not mean there is no structure or discipline, on the contrary, there's structure with purpose.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Thank you for being so open and transparent. The culture is second to none.

HubSpot2019-10-15
  4. "It's All About That Balance"

Current Employee - People Operations in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I joined HubSpot when we were a small startup and have been here to see the company flourish and scale while still remaining committed to elevating culture (it's been a LONG time since I wrote a Glassdoor review!). Culture at HS goes far beyond the benefits and perks and is truly about the people. – One aspect of the culture that has been meaningful to me most recently is how much the company supports working... parents and the flexibility needed to make your personal and professional life work. - We welcomed our first baby to our family last year and going out on leave and completely disconnecting is a really scary feeling. My colleagues, manager and broader People Ops team were overwhelmingly supportive in helping me prepare and even more so leading up to my return. Don’t get me wrong – you’ll work hard at HubSpot, REALLY hard. – This place is demanding, but the work you do will be fulfilling and you can create your own career path (within reason) if you are a consistently strong performer and seek out the right mentorship. The company also fosters continuous learning and will never be complacent in building balanced teams that align with the company’s customer centric mission.

Cons

no more unblended fruit offered* *insert sarcasm

HubSpot2019-10-24

"Best Company in Boston!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Coordinator in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

HubSpot has so many great things going for it - growth, flexibility, autonomy, and most importantly, the people! Everyone here is so passionate about what they do and it makes coming to work every day a joy.

Cons

The pay for entry-level roles doesn't always match industry standards, but I still feel valued and recognized for the work I do, and get to experience many benefits such as unlimited PTO and the ability to work remotely/flexibly.

HubSpot2019-10-18
  6. "Sweet place"

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Boston, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unlimited vacation, flexible hour and awesome work

Cons

Not much i can complain

HubSpot2019-10-21
  7. "Amazing culture, great colleagues, growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The HubSpot culture code is amazing, employees care about their work, colleagues, company and customers. Supportive, no crazy procedures - just a simple UGJ - use good judgement. From when I was hired to pushing fully tested code into live production took less than 2 weeks - using the full power of the amazing infrastructure. Wow! For interns and young professionals, there is so much fun and growth,... possibility for taking on as much challenges as you can handle. For people with families and lives outside of work - there is full flexibility to work where and when you want and need.

Cons

There is so much freedom, and reliance on UGJ.

Advice to Management

Remain visible and accessible, and not just at the big conferences and events. The 401k match is low - this needs to be much higher. Probably not a hinder when hiring young engineers who don't think to far ahead. The dental insurance isn't especially good either.

HubSpot2019-10-19
  8. "Great place to be an engineer"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our engineering org gets the important stuff right. It's built around small, autonomous teams with a big mission that move fast and iterate. There is very little top-down anything, each team determines their own destiny.

Cons

As we've grown, we've added more and more engineering teams that have narrower and narrower scope. We try to make sure each team has a huge mountain to attack, but for some teams it can feel like you don't have the opportunity to make a massive impact on the business anymore.

HubSpot2019-10-18
  9. "Best job I've had"

Current Employee - Security Engineer

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

- great culture - great management - flexible schedule

Cons

- free smoothie bar is closed early

10. "Intern-hourly"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at HubSpot part-time for less than a year

Pros

Treated like a full time employee

Cons

Interns are only here for a few months

Found 1057 reviews