HubSpot Reviews in Singapore, Singapore | Glassdoor

HubSpot Singapore Reviews

Updated Nov 7, 2019

4.7

"One of the Best Places to Work - Culture of Growth and Quality of the People is Unparalleled"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

SingSpot is easily the best company I've worked for! First up, let's talk about the perks at SingSpot! Many of these reviews say they're unreal but let me break it down a little. It's a 'known fact' that Singapore's national pastime is eating - SingSpot delivers above and beyond on that front. Here's a list of what's in the mix: Waffle Wednesday, Catered Thursday Lunches, (newly-introduced) Panini Friday, End-Of-Month (EOM) Pizza and EOM Drinks. Not forgetting the amazing and well-stocked pantry - coconut water, green tea, ice creams, assorted nut dispensers, regional tidbits and 2 beer taps. If you think we're all about food and drinks, we have got in place an on-site gym and an annual gym subsidy for folks to balance the sinful indulgence. It does seem apt that I mention a little about our focus on Health and Wellness, especially after all that speak about eating and drinking. What we got at SingSpot is an insanely good medical and insurance coverage! It even covers visits at the Chiropractor and TCM specialist. What's more, we've even held massage sessions at SingSpot during our Health and Wellness Week. We are also a rather fun-loving and diverse bunch! Fun fact, we have more than 20 nationalities in the APAC region and that really brings on different perspectives. We also get together frequently as small groups and a couple of times every month and every quarter in big groups. Some cool gigs we've hit up in the past- Virtual Reality Park, LaserTag and Fragment Room. We have various interest groups ranging from the cat-lovers group to school alumni groups and women groups to a ping-pong club. It would be an absolute crime to not mention the unlimited vacation program and the flexibility to work from home. I love how the company recognizes how everyone may be wired differently - working remotely may help one to deliver their best work. To appreciate longer-tenured employees, HubSpot also offers a five-year sabbatical program which is a 4-week paid sabbatical with a $5k bonus! For those who may be interested, we do provide Employee Stock Purchase and Grants along with the employment. I do also think that we're quite competitively compensated at SingSpot. I also adore the work-life balance here - leaving work on time means I get to pursue my other passions/interests outside of work which value-adds to my work. Now on to the 'more important' perks! HubSpot values personal development and growth of every single employee. The culture of growth and learning is seen in so much that we do - monthly new hire panel, new hire training program, workshops, AMAs, Specialized Training, Company Wiki and our Internal Online Learning Center. The leadership here is extremely transparent - we even have access to the decks/documents from their off-sites. The extremely feedback-centric culture might feel a little uncomfortable at the start but soon enough, you'll look forward to receiving them and eventually delivering some of your own. One of the rare perks I don't see often in other organizations will be my one-on-one weekly sessions with our Managers and Team Leads. These sessions have been truly critical in removing my learning roadblocks and accelerating my growth at HubSpot. The icing on the cake is the free books program and annual tuition reimbursement of $5k available to us to spend on educating ourselves. Overall, I'm just extremely grateful to be in an organization that values our personal growth and development - putting in place all they can to help us become the best versions of ourselves. My last and favourite perk at HubSpot. I can unequivocally say that it's going to be the people I work with. It's one thing to read about a set of values that a company say it will uphold and one thing to see them truly lived out by everyone day in and day out. At HubSpot, it's the latter - I've seen how each and everyone I've come across has lived the "HEART" values out and it's such a privilege to come to work some of the smartest, knowledgeable, humble folks I've known. The resolve to solve for our customer is really infectious. It's really inspiring to see people who are trying to become the best versions of themselves and in turn if motivates yourself. Also, I've never seen a company so happy for people who are leaving the company for further pursuits. Someone once said, "A good measure of a company is how they treat those who are leaving." and I think we rank pretty high in that regard. We have great vision and plans in the coming few years. Although I can't divulge much, I'm really excited about our growth in the coming years. I guess this my dream company to work for. So you can say that I'm living my dream now!

Cons

The following may not be con per se but they're definitely areas of concern for some people: - There are really high standards and a really steep learning curve. For some, it might be too metric-driven at times. Therefore, the intensity of the roles might not be for everyone. There's a high chance for burnouts. That said, the management has tried to improve this with health-related workshops (sleep, posture and nutrition), providing a meditation room, building a safe space and enhancing psychological safety. - It's an extremely fast-changing environment. SingSpot operates a little like its own startup and it's a bit of a double-edged sword. While we're agile and adaptable, we can get a little disorienting for some. We don't have a lot of policies so typically you'll hear UGJ (Use good judgment) but that can have differing interpretations. Some see this as empowerment, trust and autonomy but some view it as a lack of guidelines. To each his own, I personally love it but a little more processes/systems and playbooks wouldn't harm. - We're also not as well-known in APAC and in Singapore as compared to HubSpot in other markets. So you might find yourself trying to even spell out "HubSpot" for some customers. I personally find that really exciting that we're in the process of making ourselves better known in the region. Some other areas for improvement KPI - Some of the metrics connected to performance used in this region may not be the most reflective of an employee's ability and can become customer roadblocks. They can be majorly swayed by cultural perceptions of scoring. Product - While I love the frequent product updates, we can improve the way they're shared. - Product adaptation to meet regional expansion goals can be enhanced. On the product front, more localisation and more language support are very much welcomed, especially in the APAC region. We're trailing behind in terms of mobile play and eCommerce play. - The ideas in the HubSpot Ideas Forum can be worked on more actively (especially those with more than 150 upvotes over an extended period of time). Career Development - Availability of certain roles in other regions may not be available in SingSpot, especially for more product-oriented and niche roles. However, internal mobility is great! Strategy - The playbook for certain markets such as India and some other Southeast Asian markets is still in its early stages and strategies from North America might not be as applicable. Cross-Collaboration - Cross collaboration/function can be improved - introduce more projects that require the involvement of 2 different functions Diversity, Belonging and Inclusion - Even though we are rather diverse in nationalities and ethnicity but we can be more conscious in embracing inclusivity and belonging. Comparing SingSpot to other offices, advocacy in LGBTQ isn't as strong. Also, the choice of restaurants and food preferences during social events can take more into consideration of Muslims, Vegetarians and Vegans. - Also, we have quite a skewed "younger" group of workers (mostly millennials) and the balance of some more senior workers could be useful for us. Giving Back - We can be more environmentally conscious - more conscious with choice of food vendors and in encouraging the use of own reusable cutlery. - We can also give back more to the community in Singapore e.g. Blood Donation Drive, Community Events and helping the elderly etc. Just a caveat here, no company is perfect and some of these are present in most companies of our nature (SaaS company, mid/large scale and trying to localise). These are simply things I hope we can improve on but I would still like to highlight that it's still one of the best companies I've worked for. This is so especially so when I’ve worked already for a few companies prior to HubSpot.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. But be mindful of preserving the core of what makes us who we are while striving to improve in areas we're lacking. I like how we never assume we're perfect but we do really try. I do really appreciate that most feedback is largely action upon swiftly. Looking forward to not just grow but to grow better with HubSpot and to build a company that our future generations will be proud of!

HubSpot2019-11-08

"Diverse and Inclusive Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time

Pros

HubSpot has always made me feel welcome and included right from the very first interview I had with them. Joining the company has just shown how much effort has been put in to ensure this is an inclusive and accepting workplace. From the trust the company puts in their employees to the amazing benefits, I could not ask for a better place to work at.

Cons

There could be more improvements made around career growth.

Advice to Management

To put more emphasis on helping employees with career growth, perhaps with workshops or a dedicated mentoring program.

HubSpot2019-10-20

"It's a amazing place to grow better, period!!"

Current Employee - Sales in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great like-minded folks around - Leadership is transparent about in and out of the company - Great vacation and health benefits - Autonomy at it's best - Employees wellness is actually well looked after - There's never enough to learn it all - you cannot stop learning at Hubspot

Cons

- Need more core growth roles in APAC - Should involve individual contributor roles into decision making; esp when those teams are small / just individuals and spread across the globe

Advice to Management

- Keep up the great work

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Treated like adults, Vacation Quota Relief, unlimited leave, strong share options, no capped commission. You also have the opportunity to have a seat at the table. If there is a challenge that needs to be addressed or goal that needs to be achieved and you feel you can add value in that context, senior management are open and humble enough to let you try and drive the required changes.

Cons

Quite a lefty company. Can be a bit much sometimes.

HubSpot2019-10-18
  5. "Working at HubSpot is both a challenging and rewarding experience"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people and the culture of HEART - nothing gimmicky about it! Unlimited leave/vacation is my favourite perk! Plus, the health and wellness benefits are awesome because it allows you to take care of yourself and essentially you can bring your best self forward :)

Cons

Super fast-paced! Everything changes quickly so you are expected to adapt and learn on the go. Expectations are high so not breaking under pressure is important.

Advice to Management

People are not just mere metrics. Look out for your employee's psychological and emotional well-being, not just productivity levels. It's easy to make employees feel they are just a cog in a wheel if we forget to pay attention to this. Which in turn affects productivity, right?

6. "HubSpot Review"

Current Employee - Igs in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open culture, good interview process, very helpful employees, structured process, clear-cut matrix for measuring and improving performance

Cons

India strategy still shaping up

HubSpot2019-10-15

"A company with an empowering culture that focuses on you"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for less than a year

Pros

HubSpot values learning and growing - and it practices what it preaches. As a HubSpotter, I have always felt like my job was being valued. Additionally, It's surprising to see how the leadership focuses a lot on the personal development of all employees, and I see myself growing as much as I want to in HubSpot. Never want to leave this place!

Cons

The company is growing rapidly and is naturally prone to many cons of a normal "entreprise", so the next few years is going to be an important period as much as it would volatile and unpredicted.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. :)

HubSpot2019-10-02

"Love working at HubSpot"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Singapore

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The perks are great. Management team is raising the bar. The MD is approachable, transparent and always there for the team. I have not seen this kind of leadership ever. There is a big vision set and he is driving the team towards that. I feel it is a good mix of high performance with a fun environment.

Cons

We can do more to help the community here in Singapore. We do a few events but can do more on a regular basis

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and don't get affected by a few detractors who don't want to be held accountable

HubSpot2019-09-29
  9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people - Great benefits and flexibility - Continuously growing and the organisation truly cares about 'growing better'

Cons

- Change management could be improved

Advice to Management

- The fast pace and growth is exciting for all of us, but the change management can be done better so that all employees' efforts are valued and recognised for their contribution. - There's a lot of 'figure it out' and 'Use Good Judgment' which works for many individuals at HubSpot, but not for everyone. Have some guardrails and guidelines for employees that would thrive better with them.

HubSpot2019-10-15
  10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at HubSpot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Excellent perks. Heavily promotes learning and self-development i.e. free books programme, annual tuition grant to take courses etc. I also appreciate's management's commitment to diversity and inclusion - truly feel that I can be my authentic self at work.

Cons

Work can feel very siloed - you work on your own set of prospects/ customers/ projects. Not necessarily a bad thing as you are then accountable for your own success. As other reviewers have pointed out, internal mobility is also a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

HubSpot2019-10-08