KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jul 22, 2021

Found 174 of over 1,715 reviews

4.6

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of HubSpot and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Software Engineer

Jul 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great benefits overall and deep in inclusion and diversity

Cons

There’s no cons I can point out other than I had a great internship year.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great remote workplace, but some leaders need more EQ

Apr 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Senior leadership makes positive changes and cares about the company culture. There are some rockstar tech leads and engineering managers here. Lots of opportunity to work with senior engineers. High mobility + flexibility. Engineers are encouraged to work on new projects/teams and to continue learning. Not very stressful, at least in my experience as a Software Engineer. I pretty much work 9-5 and don't feel pressured to work more than that. The company is experiencing a ton of growth and seems to be scaling well.

Cons

A handful of engineers have poor communication skills. There could be more training for engineers to not come across so arrogant, condescending, or harsh in their speech. It seems some senior engineers get promoted to tech lead too quickly. I have noticed some tech leads are better at being engineers than they are at empathizing with people. Not all tech leads will check in with you on a regular basis. This is hard when working in a remote world. Anyone in a leadership position should be trained to check in on new hires more often. Better to be over-communicative. Base compensation seems fair, but I think HubSpot could bump up the stock reward and signing bonus values to attract more talent.

8 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thanks for being on our engineering team, and for making the time to write a review. I love hearing that you have good life work integration and that you feel the internal support for mobility and flexibility, that's wonderful news. I'm flagging your push on EQ to our team to continue working with engineering leadership on, thanks for sending it our way--demonstrating we care about new hires and connecting with folks with empathy on feedback is critical to how we grow. Thanks again for your thoughtful feedback! -Katie

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great work/life balance, Smart people, Can feel a little isolated

Jul 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer II
    Business Outlook

Pros

HubSpot is great at supporting a healthy work/life balance. They're very thoughtful when it comes to putting in place programs that improve employee quality of life. The people are amazingly smart and it's great to learn new things all the time.

Cons

Engineering pay is a little bit low for industry standards at big tech companies. I started during COVID and it feels like I still haven't quite cracked the shell of the larger org. I think that is more a product of being fully remote and never meeting teammates vs something HubSpot specific, but I do feel rather detached from my team.

4. 5.0

This company cares

Jun 8, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

As many others have noted, HubSpot has done a tremendous job of emphasizing good culture and working to make it a reality. It's also clear that the decision-makers care about the things they're talking about, whether it's business-related, social, or anything in between. Nothing is given lip service without the action to back it up, which is refreshing and needed.

Cons

As a remote employee, it takes a bit more effort and intentionality to feel connected to the company mission and my team. It's more of a disadvantage of my own circumstances than the company though. They've made every effort to make remote work a delightful experience. We're all still learning and growing as remote work becomes more prevalent.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

This review really warmed my heart, thank you for making the time to share it. And equally as importantly, for being a Senior SWE on our team and for joining us remotely! I think your fair push on ensuring that we need to ensure folks feel deeply connected to the company mission and team regardless of which corner of the world they reside in is an important one, so thanks for calling it out, and for all you do to build a great product our customers love. I sincerely appreciate it! -Katie

5. 5.0

The Company You've Been Looking For

Jan 27, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working at HubSpot for less than a year and these are the things that I've loved since starting - Flexibility: Just be sure to communicate with your team and managers and flexibility of schedule is offered to you if you need it. It makes you feel like you're in charge of your schedule as long as you're producing the expected amount of work. - Autonomy: At first, coming from a different company/culture, this was an adjustment. But, I can honestly say that I love being in charge of making my own day to day priorities while driving towards an overall set goal. It makes me feel empowered and I take pride and ownership over the work I'm doing each day. - Great People Work Here: Amazing people ready to welcome anyone that is new and help with any questions. - Creative Freedom/Everyone's Opinion Matters

Cons

The only con I have would be the sense of being overwhelmed a bit at the beginning of my career here. There is a lot of information available to new employees and it can be hard to determine where to start. The learning and development team does a great job of trying to set you off on the right path though.

61 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review and for being an engineer at HubSpot, we are lucky to have you. I think your feedback on feeling overwhelmed at the start is important, both to encourage our team to continue to keep an eye on that with new folks, but also for new folks to realize they aren't alone on that front, so thanks for calling it out! I also love you feel Creative Opinion and that everyone's voice here matters-it's mission critical that folks feel that way, so it brings me great joy that you do. Thank you for your thoughtful review and for all you do for HubSpot! -Katie

6. 5.0

Best Company Ever

Jul 22, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing amazing amazing amazing amazing

Cons

None none none none none

7. 5.0

10/10 Engineering Org; 9/10 Company

Jun 18, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flat managerial structure and little red tape in engineering => Full Autonomy - Dedication to maintaining culture => Talented, fun-to-work-with colleagues - Engineering Org is a well-oiled machine with some of the best tooling I've ever seen => Writing code is fun...? - Unlimited PTO => Great WLB

Cons

- Relative to other top tech companies, initial compensation packages are a little low, but performing well will result in regular adjustments.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lots of autonomy and responsibilities

Jan 18, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer II in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There's never a dull moment at work; there's always something new cooking around the corner, and we move quite fast. I love all the autonomy and support I get to try new things and take on large, vague projects. I'm constantly learning, and if something isn't working out or I've stopped learning, switching teams is easy and even encouraged (I've been on 5 teams, and have tried out tech leadership as well as individual contributor roles). My peers support me, and I feel like they also care a lot about the team and our success. There's physiological safety to voice your opinions and try out new things, even if you're wrong and you fail. There are a few teams where this is not true, but you can easily move off or avoid them altogether by asking around. There is a lot of emphasis placed on mental health, and taking the time you need to live your life as well as work, which is wonderful. Primary and secondary parental leave are both now 4 months, which is incredible!

Cons

There exist teams where there isn't physiological safety and they seem to operate contradictory to the HubSpot way. While they are far and few, I imagine if you're placed here as a new hire, you would have a very different experience at HubSpot, which is saddening.

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Hi there, sorry for the delay on my end, and thanks for being a senior software engineer at HubSpot! I love that you've moved around and felt encouraged to do so, and I love that you called out our parental leave change-thanks for calling that out! Helping people grow AND helping their families grow is mission critical to all we do. I think your point that psych safety has to exist on every team for it to really work is a good one, particularly as we scale-thank you for calling it out and for all your hard work at HubSpot, it's sincerely appreciated. -Katie

9. 5.0

Good place to work

Jun 27, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's good. Three more words.

Cons

sometimes it's not that good

2 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

LOL to "three more words." Thanks for writing this and for helping us build great software as a Senior SWE! -Katie

10. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

I love working here

Jun 22, 2021 - Software Engineer Intern in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working here so much I extended my internship!

Cons

HubSpot has started in-office working for full time employees but not for interns yet. :(

Viewing 1 - 10 of 174 Reviews