Huddle House Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.4
Kenneth L. (Ken) Keymer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Teach you good customer service skills and how to move at a fast pace an stay organized with great employment advantages (in 2 reviews)

• enjoyed working in a open kitchen (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • dish washing by hand with soap meant for a commercial dishwasher ruined my skin, I did night shifts as only waitress/bussboy/cook (in 2 reviews)

• It's fast food open late so there's lots of drunks and bad company late (in 2 reviews)

1. "Too much for too little"

Former Employee - Server in Cochran, GA
    Former Employee - Server in Cochran, GA

I worked at Huddle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at this place gives you an easy way to make a little money. It's easy to get hired if they have an opening. (Sometimes they dont because they actually have people who stay at this place for life, I guess because they lack ambition for anything that isn't trashy.) And, its actually difficult to get yourself fired. Short of "no call no show" and stealing from the register, anything else you do that is wrong will just receive a "slap on the hand."

Cons

They suck out all your life, want all of your time, never give raises, never give time off, and there is way too much drama! They rehire people that they have fired for things like stealing, sexual harassment, etc and then wonder why they have such a hard tme getting the place to operate smoothly.

Advice to Management

Hired people that actually give a crap about their jobs, so that your place doesn't suck. And then pay them what they are worth.

"Abominable."

Former Employee - Server in Ripley, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Ripley, TN

I worked at Huddle House full-time (Less than a year)

Easy to get hired
    Easy job (Server) to get the hang of as long as you can stick around long enough

Cons

Will literally hire anyone
    No proper help (if you mess up, you get reprimanded instead of corrected, if that makes sense)

Advice to Management

Drug tests before hiring ANYONE
    Proper training
    Start out at hire wage for servers
    Don't play favorites with good shifts

3. "Thank GOD they closed it"

Former Employee - Manager in Newton, KS
    Former Employee - Manager in Newton, KS

I worked at Huddle House full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE, this company doesn't care about it's employees or it's customers. Read the comments out there on places like yelp for instance. Huddle House sucks

Cons

Everything, the owner had NO clue as to what he was doing and wouldn't listen to someone that he hired in to help put it back on track. He brought in someone from Georgia that supposedly 'wrote the book' on training, but, is working for another franchise, and yet, openly and notoriously would 'fire you' based on who you voted for, even admitted to doing that in a couple of restaurants.

I told the owner he needed to hire more people, and put more people on duty at all times. He refused. Told the owner he needed to TRAIN these people better, the owner refused. Told the customer he'd have to 'eat' some of the tickets to make customers happy, THE OWNER REFUSED.

You want customers, you want to win them back, you want to win them over, you have to spend now to make it later, you can't win them back by ignoring them. To late to figure it out, now you closed down the store. Deny this all you want, but it's a FACT.

Advice to Management

LOL, consider listening to people that KNOW.

4. "This is a very disorganized company"

Former Employee - Server in Ste Genevieve, MO
    Former Employee - Server in Ste Genevieve, MO

I worked at Huddle House part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly customers, tips, check list to work from

Cons

dish washing by hand with soap meant for a commercial dishwasher ruined my skin, I did night shifts as only waitress/bussboy/cook.

I would take a picture of the schedule when it came out only to find out that i was missing my shifts. when I ask why that would happen they told me they are allowed to change the schedule without notifying anyone, so count on missing a few shifts.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to work with employees instead of against them.

"The management in this company did not know how to run a business well."

Former Employee - Waitress in Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Waitress in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at Huddle House part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a lot of customers who are very kind and have very interesting backgrounds.

Cons

Some restaurants would get more business if there was better advertising strategies.

Advice to Management

There should be more done to try to make the restaurant look more appealing for customers to want to come in.

"What not to do"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fargo, ND
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Fargo, ND

Pros

it was a very easy job.

Cons

The customers are unpleasant, the management doesn't know what they are doing, they are falsifying punch records to reflect breaks that employees aren't getting, employees are not even offered their half hour break, They are consistently running out of product, the owner doesn't pay his bills.

Advice to Management

Find a new job because huddle house will not be in business long they way it is currently being run.

"server"

Current Employee - Server/Cashier in West Point, MS
    Current Employee - Server/Cashier in West Point, MS

I have been working at Huddle House (Less than a year)

Pros

i work with pretty nice okay people

Cons

we make NO MONEY!!!!

"SUCKS"

Former Employee - General Manager in Corinth, MS
    Former Employee - General Manager in Corinth, MS

I worked at Huddle House (Less than a year)

Pros

NONE at all the company sucks

Cons

Everything this place sucks no quality of life

Advice to Management

Dont be open 24 hrs

"It sucked seeing a 92 health rating when black mold grew under the sink"

Former Employee - Server in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Server in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Huddle House full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they used to have the amazing swivel chairs that ot kids wanted to go to just for that

Cons

my manger stole my tips ON tape and then I got my hours chopped..

Advice to Management

Please... Hire someone with backbone who isn't so...emotional

10. "Don't Even Bother"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Huddle House part-time

Pros

I got a free hat.

Cons

- Not willing to work with your schedule (if you have another job). When I was hired, I was told that they would work with me and try to get me afternoon shifts, since I have an overnight job at another store and need a few hours to sleep after getting off. However - after I started - they ignored my set availability and tried scheduling me in the morning, then promptly took me OFF the schedule when I tried to make it clear that I was trying to make the shifts work (even though I had also asked about any afternoon shifts that were open).

- Any attempts (by email OR phone) to contact the managers will be ignored.

- I was let go without any notice; when I found I couldn't get into my When I Work profile, I tried calling one manager and he finally answered, giving me round-about excuses about why they had to let me go.

- Food is really not as fresh as you think. (well, except for the eggs) In fact, when some of it fell on the floor, a couple of the staff started KICKING IT AROUND like it was a hockey puck.

Advice to Management

When you hire employees, don't make promises that you know you won't be able to keep. Also, actually training the staff would be helpful, instead of having them jump in with little-to-no experience handling the food/appliances.