Huddle Reviews | Glassdoor

Morten Brøgger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Huddle is a truly inspiring place to work. Exceptionally talented, determined team that really enjoy building and selling a product that makes an impact in the world of collaboration. Nice sized company with strong global presence. The management team is extremely talented and diverse. Great perks and good work-life balance. An all around great startup where employees work hard and have fun!

Cons

Early mornings to accommodate different time zones but that's normal in any company with offices and clients in different continents.

Advice to Management

Continue to attract and retain top talent to grow Huddle to its full potential.

"Mixed Feelings"

I have been working at Huddle full-time

Pros

The people who work at Huddle are amazing, all the office locations are great in good cities, and there is the ability to learn a lot if you work hard enough.

Cons

There has been a bit of attrition, and the bonus / comp structures need improvement. The product has not been very updated with big changes in a while.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate the product and release bigger features, faster.

"Opportunity wasted"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Huddle (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

No innovation, product is not suited for enterprise customers the company is targeting

Advice to Management

Fix the product

"Worst Place Ever"

Pros

There are a lot of empty chairs if you need something to rest your feet on.

Cons

Antiquated software. Zero innovation. Terrible place to work. No energy. Tense office. People are leaving the company every week.

The company plateaued 3 years ago and is starting to sink.

Advice to Management

Stop relying on suits and secret handshakes to sell technology. Dump some money into Silicon Valley developers rather than second tier UK developers.

"Loving it!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great vibe and energy of a startup
    - Awesome product - creating a whole new category in content collaboration
    - Terrific team - diverse team across 2 countries, loads of fun to work with

Cons

- Early start to accommodate meetings with London office. Not so bad for people who live in the city, but with a long commute it can be tough.

Advice to Management

Need to improve our marketing and sales execution. We are probably the best kept secret in the industry, just need to be more visible with potential customers.

"Not as bad or good as all these reviews say!"

I have been working at Huddle full-time

Pros

Very nice office and very nice people for the most part. They give breakfast Monday and Lunch wednesday and drinks on Friday. It seems like these reviews are written either by happy london office people or angry SF people which makes some sense in terms of the how the company is.

Cons

This company closed in SF once so it is not as much of a startup as they like to say. It opened in 2006 and then closed in SF and then opened again. Other than FedRAMP Huddle has no features that stand out and the features people ask for will probably never be delivered but on the other hand it is a well functioning and secure collaboration platform.

Advice to Management

Well I would start with saying the communication could be better. Why is it not asking me if I approve of the CEO? I don't really, not because of anything bad to say but because there's not much that's good to say.

"Dead End, No Thru Street"

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hires great talent in general, so you can make great connections while you're there. Generous benefits. Fun parties.

Cons

Leadership. The president/cofounder/CMO/temporary Sales director (yes all one person) wants to be involved in everything but doesn't make good decisions. CEO doesn't seem to care. Communications are really terrible for a company that sells collaboration.

They also tend to hire managers and above from outside, so there's not much room to grow. Overturn is extremely high. Morale is extremely low.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring "yes men" and limit the power that any one executive has. Look, really look, at numbers. Your team is yearning to succeed, so give them the tools to actually do so.

"Total lack of diversity in management. Frustrating environment. Time to go."

I have been working at Huddle full-time

Pros

I like many of my colleagues, but many of them are leaving or have left. Valuable experience to be had which will be useful in getting a job at company that is not slowly dying.

Cons

I have a real problem with the "Awesome Company!" review from June 29. It's obviously written by management:

They claim "management diversity." The reality: The US executive team is 100% male and almost entirely white (one gentleman is from India). There are NO african americans, hispanics, or women on the US executive team. There is ONE white female executive leader in the UK, everyone else is a white male. Diverse?

They claim "strong global presence." The reality: UK/EMEA sales are flagging. Huddle claims 100,000 organizations use their product, and this is an outright lie. Box has just signed with Huddle's most well-known customer, the UK government.

They claim Huddle "makes an impact in the world of collaboration." The reality: "No new features in years plus they are rapidly losing to Box, Asana, Slack, and Hive." Hive itself was started by a former Huddle employee.

Whichever corporate ghost writer Huddle ordered to write that review should be ashamed of themselves.

But really, this is the problem with Huddle overall: instead of focusing on the good parts of the company, and working to fix the bad, they prefer to tell ridiculous tales and ignore the real problems (and solutions) that could have existed. I think it's too late for Huddle, but there are lessons to be learned.

Advice to Management

None. Management wouldn't listen anyway.

"Agile cloud software company - focused in the right areas"

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance is important and key, leadership is open to suggestions, ideas and feedback from everyone in the company. Transparency is there, its always hard to include everyone in big decisions, but there is open communication and direction

Cons

Internal promotions should be increased to keep key personnel and encourage tenure. There have been a lot of external hires in the past 6 months, which is great to add additional skills, but there are a tremendous amount of excellent performers internally that should be up-leveled to retain.

Advice to Management

Driving toward company goals is always key for any growth company, but allowing individuals to overachieve on their own goals (which are always tied into the larger corporate goal) should also be rewarded. Many people don't have a direct impact on revenue, but are only being measured on that criteria.

"Feels like it's a good place to be. Learning lots."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive structure. Have learnt a lot from the senior management team. I feel that people care about my success. Everyone knows who you are and you're not just a number. I know what I need to do to get my next promotion.

Cons

It's hard work! That can be rewarding, but it still means you’ve got to push yourself to succeed. Also, there were a couple of people here that were very negative because they weren't hitting their quotas. That worried me at first, until I learnt to ignore them.

Advice to Management

Don't put up with the negativity. If people are like that, they shouldn't be here. Morale improved as soon as they left.