Huddle Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Morten Brøgger

Pros
  • Have learnt a lot from the senior management team (in 7 reviews)

• 500 tax free to spend on what you want), free breakfast/drinks, Huddle lunch every Wednesday, share options pension and pru healthcare (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of change of people and limited internal knowledge due to this in certain areas (in 2 reviews)

1. "Awesome company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Huddle is a truly inspiring place to work. Exceptionally talented, determined team that really enjoy building and selling a product that makes an impact in the world of collaboration. Nice sized company with strong global presence. The management team is extremely talented and diverse. Great perks and good work-life balance. An all around great startup where employees work hard and have fun!

Cons

Early mornings to accommodate different time zones but that's normal in any company with offices and clients in different continents.

Advice to Management

Continue to attract and retain top talent to grow Huddle to its full potential.

"Opportunity wasted"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Huddle (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

No innovation, product is not suited for enterprise customers the company is targeting

Advice to Management

Fix the product

"Loving it!"

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great vibe and energy of a startup
    - Awesome product - creating a whole new category in content collaboration
    - Terrific team - diverse team across 2 countries, loads of fun to work with

Cons

- Early start to accommodate meetings with London office. Not so bad for people who live in the city, but with a long commute it can be tough.

Advice to Management

Need to improve our marketing and sales execution. We are probably the best kept secret in the industry, just need to be more visible with potential customers.

"Total lack of diversity in management. Frustrating environment. Time to go."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time

Pros

I like many of my colleagues, but many of them are leaving or have left. Valuable experience to be had which will be useful in getting a job at company that is not slowly dying.

Cons

I have a real problem with the "Awesome Company!" review from June 29. It's obviously written by management:

They claim "management diversity." The reality: The US executive team is 100% male and almost entirely white (one gentleman is from India). There are NO african americans, hispanics, or women on the US executive team. There is ONE white female executive leader in the UK, everyone else is a white male. Diverse?

They claim "strong global presence." The reality: UK/EMEA sales are flagging. Huddle claims 100,000 organizations use their product, and this is an outright lie. Box has just signed with Huddle's most well-known customer, the UK government.

They claim Huddle "makes an impact in the world of collaboration." The reality: "No new features in years plus they are rapidly losing to Box, Asana, Slack, and Hive." Hive itself was started by a former Huddle employee.

Whichever corporate ghost writer Huddle ordered to write that review should be ashamed of themselves.

But really, this is the problem with Huddle overall: instead of focusing on the good parts of the company, and working to fix the bad, they prefer to tell ridiculous tales and ignore the real problems (and solutions) that could have existed. I think it's too late for Huddle, but there are lessons to be learned.

Advice to Management

None. Management wouldn't listen anyway.

"Exciting!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great being part of building this company. Definitely feels like more than just another job but more like we are creating something meaningful.

Offices in UK and across the US gives plenty of opps to move around.

Young and fun place to work and the food not too bad either!

Cons

Too much change and it would be good to have a more structured career plan

Advice to Management

Listen to the troops more and take some time to chill.......we all know its exciting but calm down a bit

"Feels like it's a good place to be. Learning lots."

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive structure. Have learnt a lot from the senior management team. I feel that people care about my success. Everyone knows who you are and you're not just a number. I know what I need to do to get my next promotion.

Cons

It's hard work! That can be rewarding, but it still means you’ve got to push yourself to succeed. Also, there were a couple of people here that were very negative because they weren't hitting their quotas. That worried me at first, until I learnt to ignore them.

Advice to Management

Don't put up with the negativity. If people are like that, they shouldn't be here. Morale improved as soon as they left.

8. "Go Big or Go Home!"

I have been working at Huddle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After working at Huddle for 6 months I feel I have found my home away from home. Just like every growing family, the office has it's ups and downs, but it's core remains rooted in an unparalleled entrepreneurial spirit. If you are willing to GO BIG and work hard, Huddle will help you achieve success.

Cons

All of the delicious snacks in the kitchen area are doing nothing for my figure

Advice to Management

Improve communication down the line. More "fireside" chats :-)

"Smart people working very hard. Strong relationships inside and outside of work like I have never seen."

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New offices in central San Francisco. Comfy chairs and neat desks
    Lots of British people which never gets old, good networking
    Good access to the senior management and founders
    Exciting space to be in and a responsive market
    Hire very well in sales, smart and professional and fun. No idiots!

Cons

No budget for personal technology
    Mobile phone contract is not covered
    Finance and engineering in the UK which is difficult at times given the time difference

"Cloud based content & collaboration - Great space to be in & *Great* company to be a part of!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Super hi-energy, enthusiastic company. It's a work environment that requires you to deliver at your highest potential and then some - exhausting & challenging, but highly rewarding! Excellent prospects for swift -as deserved - career progression! The market for cloud based content & collaboration solutions is expanding very rapidly! Senior mgmt is highly available to all employees & customers. They genuinely care about the detail of their people & operations.

Cons

This is still a small up & coming company that has not yet made it to the big leagues. With that comes all of the fast-paced, turn on a dime requirements and potential for unplanned changes.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the nuts & bolts of what customer's need.

"Great people, great business and great culture."

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Huddle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is made up of great people - intelligent, hard working and a lot of fun. The offices reflect the culture - they're bright, open and foster collaboration. And the perks are good - lots of free food and drinks, fun nights out, generous vacation days and healthcare provided.

Cons

Working across three timezones can be tough, so Californians can expect early morning meeting during the working week.

Advice to Management

Keeping the culture open and fun (whilst fostering hard work and success!) will be key.