Cover image for Hudl

75% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 486 of over 602 reviews

3.9
Hudl CEO David Graff (no image)
David Graff

70 Comments

Tech

467.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Hudl~826705
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hudl and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year
    Featured Review

Hudl has taught me what it means to be a valued team player

Jul 12, 2022 - Human Resources
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot express how incredible it has been working with Hudl. It is a place like no other, with people like no other and an attitude and culture like no other. Never in my life have I been excited to go to work every day, proud to represent my company brand, or talk about what we do to friends and family at any other point in my career. Hudl has changed that. More than that, Hudl has opened my eyes to how toxic, negative, unproductive, and unsupportive previous employers have been, by setting the gold standard for what it means to be a best-in-class organization and employer. They live by their core values and this positive effect trickles through the entire organization. Hudl has somehow managed to capture that elusive ' positive culture' most organizations are seeking and elevate it beyond anything I've ever seen before. I feel like I am working with friends, who all have like minds, and goals and are driven to succeed in the exact same way I am. Working for Hudl was the best decision I have ever made

Cons

I have no negative comments.

1 person found this review helpful

Sr Manager, Talent Acquisition

The reason our company is as fun is because of amazing hires like you! We appreciate everything you do.

2. 5.0

Hudl Review

Nov 30, 2022 - Support Specialist in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Healthy work/home life balance. 2. High internal movement/growth. 3. Great benefits package. 4. Amazing company culture. 5. Very Flexible. 6. Fantastic people.

Cons

1. The pay isn't the best.

3. Join the Hudl team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A place to be challenged, respected and encouraged to grow

Nov 18, 2022 - Brand Design Manager in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's hard to imagine a workplace better than Hudl in my opinion. Our benefits are bar none—401K matching, stock options, flexible time-off, summer and winter holiday breaks, competitive medical coverage, and a fully-paid sabbatical vacation every 5 years. Not to mention an amazing office space with free daily lunch and adult snack time in our Lincoln HQ location. In my time at Hudl I got married, got a dog, bought a house, and had two kids. Not to mention both kids were born in the COVID-19 pandemic era (talk about a horrible time to have a major life change). I've literally grown up with Hudl and can't picture a better company to work for in my most transformative years. I've seen a lot of people come and go in my time at Hudl and every time I wonder if they're truly happier at their next place of employment or if they just chased the "grass is always greener" mentality and wish they could come back. It's hard to know and probably varies for each person! But I've always told myself that I'll keep working at Hudl so long as I'm challenged, respected, and encouraged daily. After nearly 7 years, that's still true! And especially important as a woman in a leadership position within a sports technology company—both adjectives that tend to be filled by male-dominated roles.

Cons

The only con I struggle with Hudl as an employer is our compensation. When the company compares our titles directly to other places, we're paid similarly. But Hudl is unique! We wear a LOT of hats and the things I do in my job are a culmination of probably five other jobs at other locations. It's hard to compare apples to oranges so in my opinion, we're underpaid. However, we truly do have the best benefits I've ever seen and a culture/team atmosphere that can't be beat. Salary is something I'm currently willing to negotiate to get that flexibility in other areas of my life. I know Hudl's senior leadership is working daily to improve our compensation philosophy and I've recently gotten to see it first hand so I know they're working on it and I'm excited for its release. Once that's made official, Hudl will truly be *the* place to work.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work (working to be the best in sports + tech)

Nov 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great team chemistry. Growth mindset team members, open to feedback and sharing feedback with me as well - Positive leadership and community presence - Mix of tenured employees and areas with new, talented team members bringing fresh ideas

Cons

- Feels like we're ramping up quite fast at times with new initiatives and processes

Hudl Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I think your review really highlights all the things I’m most proud of on our team, and encapsulates two of our core values: Play to Win and Win Together. The strength of our team comes from the diversity of opinions and respectfully blunt feedback that our team feel safe to share with one another. I’m proud to see the impact this kind of candor has made not only on Hudl as a company, but the impact that our team is making on the communities where we live and serve. That being said, with a team like ours, we’re not afraid to take big swings, and implement new ideas quickly. I appreciate your feedback, and I’m glad you’re on the team.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to work with a big future ahead

Nov 16, 2022 - Product Team in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to work with smart and nice people every day. - Leadership is inspiring and open to input. - Problem space is interesting and challenging. - Inspiring customer base.

Cons

As any company, we are growing all the time, but always committed to solving problems if they come up.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and have a family life

Nov 3, 2022 - Account Executive in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun product to sell Flexible Unlimited PTO Amazing lunch (if you work at HQ) Friendly people you get to work with

Cons

Pay is not competitive for top reps

Hudl Response

I think you said it best in your review: Hudl’s products are fun to sell. We pride ourselves on creating both world-class products and a work environment that encourages successful AEs like you to thrive. As you mentioned in your review, we want our team members to enjoy the perks at our offices, like free lunch at HQ, but also feel empowered to maintain a robust work-life balance. I understand your pain when it comes to your compensation. As you know, this is a company-wide focus area over the next fiscal year, and you can expect an update on the next phase of this project in Q4. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Glad to have you on the team.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great benefits, great product, even better flexibility

Oct 31, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO, free lunch in office, set your own schedule, great healthcare options

Cons

Growing pains with new acquisitions and business pivots, can tend to roll things out too quickly, lower pay compared to most SaaS sales roles

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

An amazing place to work!

Oct 24, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Joining Hudl has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I can truly say that I am excited to come into work everyday and share with others that I work at such a great company alongside such supportive and passionate coworkers!

Cons

No cons to working at Hudl.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I didn't read Glassdoor before applying here. Had I, I would've applied sooner.

Oct 31, 2022 - Senior Brand Designer in Lincoln, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easily the least "officey" office job I've ever had. Not to mention the meals are hudlicious.

Cons

The Coke machine in the cafeteria broke down. :(

Hudl Response

Thanks for sharing your thoughts—I’m so happy to hear that your time on the team has been great so far. One of the ways that we attract and retain the best talent, like you, is through our many perks, like the delicious meals that Chef Dylan creates at our Lincoln HQ. It sounds like you’re already making the most of our flexible scheduling and wide variety of perks, so I hope your experience just gets better from here. Welcome to the team!

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good career

Nov 3, 2022 - Account Executive in Lincoln, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

True competitive advantage in market

Cons

Could improve incentives for sales

Hudl Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review. Attracting and retaining talent like you is top-of-mind for us this fiscal year and beyond. I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying getting to sell our world-class suite of products—they are truly game-changing. I would be interested to hear more about your ideas to improve our incentive structures within the Sales org. While we do offer perks for top performers, like our annual Champions Club trip, we try to stay as competitive as possible. Don’t hesitate to reach out to your manager with concerns or ideas, or your HRBP if you’d like to stay anonymous. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts. Glad to have you on the team!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 486 Reviews
</>Embed

Hudl Reviews FAQs

Hudl has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 602 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Hudl to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hudl employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hudl. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

75% of Hudl employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hudl 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hudl to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Hudl Job Seekers