Hudson Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Hudson Global Reviews

Updated January 13, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • autonomous work environment, options for career growth, great culture (in 17 reviews)

• Encouraged to work autonomously, good people working there (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management seem to view success of RPO accounts solely based on figures, no regard to team morale (in 20 reviews)

• Poor management style lead to multiple GOOD people leaving their jobs (turnover of 15 (in 7 reviews)

1. "Nice place to work!"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good career possibilities - ability to move up or in other areas.

Cons

Large organization - hard to maneuver.

"This could have been a great company"

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Limited bureaucracy, some good people, (apparently) real commitment to the corporate values

Cons

No consistent direction - rather than a strategy, it seemed to be a "flavor of the month". Even when the economy improved, the company couldn't get on top

Advice to Management

Stop making excuses, blaming others. Accept that you can't fix it and step aside to bring in someone who can.

3. "declining- totally lacking in value(s) and value"

I have been working at Hudson Global (More than 10 years)

Pros

The offices used to have great momentum, then the CEO decided that he would rip the company apart and apparently he had the board's approval to abandon revenue creation. There used to be growth momentum, not with the current CEO and his leadership team.
    At one time, there was respect for leadership and ethics were part of the culture, no more.

Cons

The office morale is in the dumps and the stories circulating at the water coolers around the globe center on activities that would violate an employee's code of conduct but seem permissible for the CEO and the Global Chief People Person.The company has no soul or vision, the CEO sees growth as cutting expenses, not creating new business. If the CEO were to tell the employees that it is raining, the employees would need to walk outside to verify, he has so little credibility now.

Advice to Management

The CEO should resign. He has had 4 years to "turn around" a company that was on a growth trajectory. In that time, he has changed strategies more times that employees can keep current with and has been successful at tanking the stock prince and revenues and causing massive layoffs. His makes millions personally and can't be held accountable according to his contract. The Chief People Person should resign at the same time. It is no longer a secret how the company has been footing the bill for personal enrichment of the two of them. The time to sell the company has probably passed and now thanks to a less than bright CEO's leadership, there is nothing left to this company. Alix Partners are in so maybe bankruptcy is next?

"The worst company that I have ever worked for in my career!"

Former Employee - Director of Business Development
    Former Employee - Director of Business Development

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros to working for Hudson during my time there.

Cons

Poor management across the entire company. The GM for the Mid-Atlantic region during my time there was the most incompetent manager that I have ever worked for in my career, followed closely by the EVP of the East Region. Their human resources department was inept, and their internal hiring process and decision making was poor. Changed our commission structure multiple times during my short stint with the company. Used multiple systems for applicant tracking and as a CRM.

Terrible company to use for technology staffing, which I would never recommend to anyone.

Advice to Management

The company will never grow with the current management, especially with EVP of the East Region. If they are committed to being a true competitor in the staffing industry, they need to look within themselves and change their leaders.

5. "Stay Away"

Current Employee - Finance in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance in New York, NY

I have been working at Hudson Global full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Cant really think of any unless you are at the C level or hired by the C level

Cons

Management has no vision, nor consistent follow through. no one is held accountable for lack of performance.

Advice to Management

replace the board of directors, clean house at the "C" level and package the company up to sell

"Sales and Recruiting stay away from Hudson"

Pros

Worked with some really great, hard-working people!

Cons

Just when you start to get some momentum, management changes again.

Advice to Management

Fix what's broken, not what worked. You should have gotten rid of the dead weight at the top, not the worker bees at the bottom. Worst decision ever!

7. "Excellent Work Environment"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Hudson Legal, I truly was able to use my paralegal skills in a positive manner that mattered and were needed. Working with the staff was a pleasure and I was able to gain a new mentor in my Project Manager and Attorney, Jennifer Jackson. The work required long hours but was performed and managed so well that I knew my duties and accomplishments were important.

Cons

There are none - Hudson Legal is an outstanding legal organization that provides excellent legal services to its clients!

Advice to Management

As you know, paralegals play a very important part to a legal team's success. You need to solicit for more work that requires a paralegal's skill set and abilities that will only enhance the attorney's work and overall team goals!

8. "No confidence in leadership"

I have been working at Hudson Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Still few pockets of decent people working here

Cons

- Poor comp/benefits relative to peers
    - New leadership team has no vision, no influence, and are disengaged. They are decentralized and supposedly working from home, though there's little evidence to suggest this is true. None have Master's level or higher business credentials from reputable institutions. A few executives have an online BS or no degree at all.
    - Company is hemorrhaging cash and, instead of implementing real change, they rehash same 'tough economic conditions' narrative despite our competitors and stock market reaching all-time highs
    - Little career mobility upside

Advice to Management

Sigh... management are the same people who hired our current leadership regime. My advice would be to sell before it's too late.

"After almost 11 years, admit it's never going to get off the ground and move on!"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Hudson Global full-time

Pros

Met some great people who are still friends.

Cons

Hudson has been a mess since day one. I was there in the beginning and suffered through 8 years of annual restructuring initiatives, countless management changes leading to almost quarterly changes in strategic direction, multiple divestitures to generate cash, and incessant rearranging of the office (a.k.a. deck chairs on the Titanic), and layoffs. I lived through a CEO who had more meetings with his side businesses than his own team and wasn't sure what businesses we were still in on some days. Another came in and didn't seem to know that Hudson was even a staffing company. Good ideas were given 2 quarters or less to take root before being abandoned leading to confusion and poor execution. It was a recruiting firm that couldn't recruit when it came to internal leadership hires. Instead of hiring top management talent, they brought in castoffs who had failed elsewhere. VP level employees who "worked" out of their homes in geographies where the company had no presence were common. It was a true honey pot for failed executives, They swooped in, made their mess, and were paid handsomely to go away. And from what I hear after almost 11 years, nothing has changed. The company is a complete failure and I cannot believe it is still hanging on.

I write this from a new perspective as a hiring manager who tried to do business with Hudson and see that absolutely nothing has changed. All smoke and mirrors and zero results. Same lame line that's they're not like all other contract staffing companies. I never saw one candidate, but heard from my 3 new representatives over a 2 months of search.

Smart recruiters and account representatives, look elsewhere!

10. "Potentially great, but just never seems to get the job done"

I worked at Hudson Global full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people
    Reasonably good strategy (if they're ever able to execute on it)
    Opportunities are there to grow market share and share price

Cons

Consistently poor execution and follow through of new initiatives
    Good people, but company never seems to be able to get the most from them
    Constantly restructuring and cutting costs
    Mediocre sales performance accepted as a matter of course
    Always managing for the current and next quarter - poor long term decision making
    Clear set of values, but senior management often fails to "walk the talk"