Hudson Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph (Joe) DiDomizio

Pros
Cons
  • low pay in comparison to requirements (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management has no idea what all the employees do (in 7 reviews)

"Too much stress for the money"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Charleston, SC

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Vacation, health benefits, getting to meet people from all over, 20% discount, five sick days a year, lots of experiences good and bad

Cons

Long hours, short staffed, call outs, you may or may not get to take your vacation "due to business" or whoever decides to take it off first, can't always use your sick days

Advice to Management

My advice to corporate management would be to take more of an active interest in their locations more than they do and appreciate their employees more than they do. People were hired after I was that came in making more than I did, more than I was when I was a supervisor, that's highly unfair and causes unnecessary drama in the work place. Management (at store level) a lot of times were too busy doing other, unneeded paperwork to appease their bosses and couldn't be on the floor or in the location like they needed. Not only that, they rarely got support from the corporate office because they were too busy trying to make everyone happy and failing in most areas. There's too much favoritism and hardly any enforcement of anything. If a location or their GM was the favorite, it was obvious and they were treated as such. I was employed there for a lot of years and I saw a lot of things, most of it would be avoidable if corporate management took a more active and less of an attacking role in their locations.

The hiring pool in a lot of areas isn't the best in the world, so in order to fully staff stores you have to hire and keep people that don't want to work, they just want a paycheck. And depending on the situation, they flaunt that attitude openly and freely without care. Management at store level tends to shy away from rectifying the problem because they are afraid of retaliation either on the part of the employee or the corporate office. The whole organization from the top down is disorganized. It would be a wonderful place to work if instead of pointing fingers and blaming, the highest levels of management would take a look at themselves first and realize that the entire thing trickles down from them.

"Worse management ever"

Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None worse company to work for get out while you can
    Not a good company to work for. Bad experience all around

Cons

They fire you with out any reason, no communication
    Worse company to work for. The whole company needs to be restructured. From top to bottom

Advice to Management

Start treating people with respect. How could you give
    Great customer service when you don't even care about
    Your employees

3. "Ha"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Newark, NJ

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, paid vacations, sick days, medical and dental. Twenty percent discount. Decent christmas party. They give away old items that dont work. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cons

No room for growth, racism, favoritism, no respect. No concern for anyone, no employee appreciation. Stepping stone only. No overtime allowed.

Advice to Management

Revamp the entire company.

5. "WORST/RACIST COMPANY"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Hudson Group (Less than a year)

Pros

SOME nice co workers, get help from peers when needed

Cons

Overworked,low pay,horrible management,steal half an hour from employees

Advice to Management

give people fair chances and stop hiring just anybody, the high turnover rate is ridiculous

"Horrible"

Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job is not hard all at. Easy work Very easy work.

Cons

Upper management is extremely disrespectful, no communication, very unprofessional. Liars!

Advice to Management

New Orleans

"Business by Accident"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salaries for managers are above average to compensate for the 24/7 nature of the business.

Cons

Company buys long term multi year contracts with airports so there's no incentive to provide any reasonable level of customer service as there's no risk of failure since there is no competition. They charge their captive customers as much as possible. The business operates 24/7 so salaried managers have no work life balance. Average work week of six days and in excess 50 hours per week. Employees and managers are treated as just cogs in the wheel and replaceable at any time. They pay hourly employees as little as legally possible. Low integrity from executive management in New Jersey that trickles down to local management. Management styles can only be described is a matter of brute force.

Advice to Management

Best decision of my life was to leave this organization.

"DO NOT WORK FOR THESE PEOPLE!!!"

Former Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Team Member in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the worst job I ever had do not work for them. You deserve better than working here. The turn over rate is so high it's not even funny.

Cons

Multiple people ended up in the hospital and mental hospital with all the drama they put us through. They are liars.

Advice to Management

Treat us like humans not slaves

"Don't."

Former Employee - Supervisor in East Rutherford, NJ
    Former Employee - Supervisor in East Rutherford, NJ

I worked at Hudson Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a supervisor, pay was really good considering I had to drive 30-40 minutes one way. Half of supervisors/management were good people to get along with, loved all employees I supervised.

Cons

Other half of supervisors/management were AWFUL talking about employees. Also did not like to pay gap between my employees and myself. Didn't feel great getting so much compared to them.

Advice to Management

Appreciate ALL employees, raise your minimum wage, have higher standards for management team. I wasn't surprised when I found out the Houston location closed less than two years after I left and the airport didn't want to renew the contract.

"Just A Job"

Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hudson Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy interacting with some of my regular customer's at work. They are always a delight to see. That's about it.

Cons

Low wages, dead end job, no advancement opportunities, unprofessional corporate and store managers. When the corporate people visit, they don't speak to us ever. We are invisible, worhtless, and replaceable to them.

Advice to Management

Actually MANAGE your crew. Fire those no call no show people. Give a respectable yearly raises based off of each persons personal performance, not 30 cents. Improve the way you speak to people.

"Ridicules....."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Pros? Was lucky enough to get a job in the morning shift, because Evening was even worse.

Cons

Where should I start? The place is ridicules. The system is a joke. The corporate wants the MONEY, doesn't provide help at all. I worked there for 2 years. I was in college, and needed the money, and everyday, every week, there was always a problem. Always short on employees, and the managers insane. The most heartless employers you'll ever get too meet. Doesn't care if you've worked 10 hours already, they'll force you to work for 5 more, because one of the evening cashiers called out sick. The sick, twisted, way they force their employees to keep jobs is always ridicules. Always short on employees because working with them is slavery. Not only that, but the computer systems are from the 70's and the corporate are too cheap to get new ones. You can't even remove items from your register when a customer doesn't want the said item anymore. You have these things called 'Voids' and you have to call a manager to remove them, if you don't, then you'll have a shortage of money and eventually get a warning. This system is so ridicules. It's an airport, items are expensive, and A LOT of customers change their minds and don't want stuff anymore. You get a lot of voids, and that bothers the managers very very much. You have to tell EVERY customer what the price is because you don't want a void. The customers get angry too.

Advice to Management

Learn some respect.