Hudson Headwaters Health Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 29, 2016

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Long Career, Very Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Queensbury, NY

I have been working at Hudson Headwaters Health Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Interesting work, always growing, always changing. Have had at least six different jobs in my 25+ years here.

Cons

We have some growing pains associated with fast growth and the incredible size of the geographic region we serve.

Advice to Management

Remain true to the mission first and foremost - it's at the heart of what we're about.

2. "Wonderful organization to work for. A not-for-profit network that serves the surrounding communities."

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Queensbury, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Queensbury, NY

Pros

Great people who work hard to help the poor, elderly, uninsured and underinsured with health care.

Cons

As with most companies, clearer communication between managment and employees needs to be developed further.

3. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Queensbury, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Queensbury, NY

I have been working at Hudson Headwaters Health Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team of professionals that are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I have not seen anything that I would put here.

"If you're looking to grow and grow old with a company this is the one."

Current Employee - Certified Professional Coder in Queensbury, NY
    Current Employee - Certified Professional Coder in Queensbury, NY

Pros

Full benefits including medical, dental & vision. Retirement plans. Ability to move up within the network. Employees within the network are always moving around or accepting promotions.

Cons

Like any business there is a strong lack of communication which can cause bad moral, mistakes, etc. A lot of times decisions are made that effect a lot/ everyone and no one knows why or what happened because no one was told what was changing or why.

Advice to Management

Need to share decisions or changes with all employees even if it doesn't directly affect them. It helps with moral to include everyone and makes employees want to be invested in the company rather than doing what they are required for a paycheck.

6. "Hudson Headwaters Health Network"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glens Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glens Falls, NY

Pros

Able to manager yourself and time without people looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Overall a good place to be employeed at however with the economy in a down swing people were let go due to downsizing and they were not informed before hand even when asked directly.

Advice to Management

Be more open to your staff even if the news is not positive.