Hudson Pacific Properties Reviews

Updated Feb 21, 2020

3.7
Hudson Pacific Properties Chairman and CEO Victor J. Coleman (no image)
Victor J. Coleman
  1. "Great place to work if you're looking for an employer that cares about you!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fullerton, CA

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is the first company I've ever worked at where they truly take care of their employees in all aspects. From professional development, to catered lunches, great co-workers, to amazing facilities - they CONSISTENTLY go above and beyond for their team.

Cons

I live in Fullerton, CA (Orange County), and my daily commute ranges from 4-4.5 hours or more (to and from work). I have little kids that are involved in multiple extracurricular activities and I choose to be active in what they do (coaching, attending events, etc.). The commute hindered my ability to stay as active as I would like and I needed to find something closer to home (Orange County, CA). I would rank the Work/Life Balance higher but PLEASE NOTE this is my choice to make the move closer to home and eliminate my lengthy commute.

Continue reading
  2. "Has its ups and downs"

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time

Pros

Great CEO, and the vision he wants for his company would make an amazing company

Cons

If you want to move up, It’s literally about who you know and not what you have to offer. Development is not their priority, neither is the voice of the employees

3. "Cool Company"

4.0
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, daily catered lunch and breakfast on Fridays, Summer Fridays early dismissal, impressive office space, good group of people

Cons

Lack of schedule flexibility, no real structure and ever-changing guidelines

4. "Strong, Rapidly Growing Company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, strong market niche, rapid business platform growth

Cons

Limited career growth opportunities; existing business platform, while growing, is limited in size which in turn limits opportunities for advancement

5. "Great Place to Work Your Butt Off"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time for more than a year

Pros

incredible benefits and perks like lunches, holidays and summer half-day fridays. The executive team seems to care about employees quality of life.

Cons

When you take time off, even PTO, people seem to look down on you so you never actually get out. Lots of politics.

6. "Humpty Dumpty Fell Off a wall"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time

Pros

Eccentric and motivational insight on business future

Cons

This is reality get your mind out of the gutter

Continue reading

"Good from far, far from good"

1.0

I worked at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time

Pros

The corporate office space is brand new and really nice. They have a kitchen with free food and drinks. On the surface it's a pretty cool place to work.

Cons

1) The vast majority of the most important people at Hudson either worked with the CEO at his previous company or had some other pre-existing relationship. The board is an old boys' club and so is most of the executive team. As such, the culture at the top is very insular and that has negative effects for new employees and people at the bottom. 2) Company-wide communication is pretty much non-existent; there were at least a half dozen instances in which they bought a new building or sold an existing building but never bothered to tell any of the people who weren't directly involved with the transaction. Most employees didn't find out until reading the press releases. 3) If you run into any kind of HR issue that negatively affects your work and you don't have any "friends at the top" then my sincere advice is this: skip the HR department and start looking for an escape route. I watched multiple people try to make formal complaints about harassment, retaliation, etc and not only was there no action taken, the HR department didn't even bother to write anything down or pretend to investigate. I'm actually being pretty diplomatic - the reality is that there are some unprofessional, toxic people working at various levels of the company and HR actively enables them through some combination of malice and incompetence. I imagine it's only a matter of time before the company gets hit with a harassment or discrimination lawsuit, if it hasn't already.

"Great company"

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time

Pros

One of the best companies I have ever worked for!

Cons

No cons! Such a great company.

9. "Review"

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time

Pros

Great culture and great advancement opportunities for entry level applicants.

Cons

Limited advancement past Senior Manager. Communication can be limited vertically and between departments.

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Acquisitions, Leasing and Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Hudson Pacific Properties full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learn something new every day about this industry while working here. The development projects the company puts out are progressive, modern and innovative, the company is well respected in the field, and the financials are solid. The impression is that this company is on the way up and I love being part of the growth. The free lunches, parking and modern office decor keep morale high and the free snacks/drinks help get the creative juices flowing.

Cons

The culture is very oriented toward working hard with long hours or in-the-field hours. This is great, as the proeprties and projects are well thought out, and everything from the acquisition to the leasing deals are robust. As far as employee bonding and a strong work-friend culture go, you don't really feel it much here though. The other thing is that friends and family of executives or of high-powered players in the industry tend to get the important titles and promotions here. All of this is fine, but it just feels like you're swimming upstream sometimes.

Found 27 reviews