Huge Reviews | Glassdoor

Huge CEO Aaron Shapiro
Aaron Shapiro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The learning curve is steep (sink or swim, people) and leadership is still pretty much male-dominated (in 9 reviews)

• Depending on project/timeline, it can be long hours (in 11 reviews)

1. "Positive & Innovating"

Current Employee - Visual Designer
    Current Employee - Visual Designer

I have been working at Huge full-time

Pros

The agency culture is so positive and unusual – people are collaborative and supportive of one another. Everyone is incredibly smart and best in class.

Cons

Like most agencies, work hours can be pretty long, and come and go in waves.

"Iterating but not always for the better."

I worked at Huge full-time

Pros

- At the project level, there are a ton of smart, passionate people
    - The brand and culture are strong
    - There is a spirit of innovation - test and learn even if you fail
    - There is respect for employees with families
    - The office operations team is one of the best

Cons

- Leadership as a whole in NY is scattered and uninspiring
    - Tons of inconsistency with how good employees are acknowledged and rewarded - Internal politics are exhausting, making it sometimes hard to feel trust
    - Vision is vague and doesn't align with business goals and often times the type of work the agency is going after

Advice to Management

Practice the bold brand that you preach. Shun the politics that creep up and tarnish every other agency that achieves scale. There are too many exhausting, smoke and mirrors individuals leading for themselves, not the good of the agency or the work. Think differently, empower differently, and value your superstars consistently.

"Run! Don't look back, keep running!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Huge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best selection of sparkling water and cold pressed brewed coffee. And you get to bring your dog to work!

Office manager and her team are the BEST of what LA Huge has to offer. The designers are used and abused. The project managers run around all day with their laptops putting out so called fire drills but your project is blowing up anyways. Management sucks. We are the ugly step child of the Brooklyn office

Cons

1. Client management: they usually fire us or we are told to stop work because they won't pay.

2. Leadership: clueless; biggest high school-like clique of passive aggressive bullies.

3. HR: people get fired and you don't know for weeks that that person is gone. People get hired and you have no idea who this person is for months! Can't keep up with new hires and new fires...it happens WEEKLY here.

Advice to Management

Close your business. It's against the law to swindle people.

"Sadly poor leadership and poor management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Huge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Vibe and culture are solid.

Cons

Leadership are literally out for themselves and no one else and don't care how the day to day company runs, or their people.

"Toxic"

I have been working at Huge full-time

Pros

You will work with some of the scrappiest people you've ever met

Cons

Prepare for some of the purest politics you've ever witnessed.

"Excellent place to learn"

I worked at Huge full-time

Pros

Great culture and atmosphere. They really take care of their employees and for the most part help you work on things that you want to.

Cons

It's very hard to move upward in the company and access to clients is minimal.

"Positive experience"

I have been working at Huge full-time

Pros

I have worked @ Huge for 5+ years and my experience has been consistently positive. My manager and the proactiveness of this agency have pushed my career to a new level.

Cons

No cons from me.

"Uhhhhh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Pros

Some (I'd say about 5) rad people.

Dogs are chill.

The ventilation unit is loud enough to drown out the bullspit (can't swear on here)

Productivity is at it's max on free sweatshirt day.

Bananas are ripe.

The office people such as the folks at the front desk and the folks that maintain the office (aka, clean up after the large amounts of pseudo-adolescent people that "work" here) are the real Gs.

They paid me well enough to put up with this crud.

Cons

I've worked in my fair share of agencies and have had run ins with a lot of different types of agencies but this one is probably the strangest pink (or is it magenta?) colored Kool Aid cult I've encountered yet.

They speak of their culture being "about the people" however, if someone gets fired then the company puts them on full blast " So and so was 'aight but we had to cut them loose... but look at this cool stuff they made for us!" KPIs! ROIs! GI JOES!

They say that they strive in a "chaotic" environment and position it to where those who will last are the ones who can work with the chaos but in reality, it's their way of saying that they in no way have their spit together. Replace "chaotic" with unorganized drowning episode gargling small bits of doodie while neck deep in sewage water while being held down by bricks and you've got yourself a better idea of what's going on.

They seem to accept that their staff members known as "leads" are folks who don't necessarily have to lift a finger to make the big bucks. Lead that doesn't know how to use necessary programs or know how the project works and functions and wants to dump all everything on the mid staff? Forgetaboutit. They have the cool-talk dictionary accompanied by a beanie, longboard, and Doc Martens so they're solid. Who needs all that other stuff anyway?

In short, this place is "hella" weird.

Advice to Management

I don't even know, you guys seem to know what you want. No advice here. Maybe chill on the pink and ego choking? y'all eat that stuff up way too hard.

"Culture of bullying in leadership"

I worked at Huge full-time

Pros

Good creative and design work. Medium and lower management is good. Good clients.

Cons

Many screw ups at clients due to poor delivery. Leadership only cares about pitches. Quick to hire and quick to fire without respect for individuals. Hi turn over in senior positions.

Advice to Management

Treat individuals with more respect. Put more care into the quality of deliverable. Measure performance not only for pitches but also for delivery quality.

"A Disaster"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Huge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you're a UX designer or Visual Designer.

Cons

They don't know how to do anything else besides UX design. They're unorganized. They have no process. And Creative Leadership and the CEO do NOT share the same goals, which is very frustrating. They also have some really bad creative leadership in the New York Office.

Advice to Management

Some of your creative leadership needs to leave. They're beyond disrespectful to your creative talent and it's toxic.