Cover image for Huge

Huge Reviews

Updated Jan 24, 2023

Found 539 of over 631 reviews

3.9
Huge CEO Mat Baxter (no image)
Mat Baxter

What people are saying about Huge

Join the conversation on

14 Comments

Advertising

133.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Huge~139928
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Huge? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Huge employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Many times creative leadership show up to meetings only to fight with their peers.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Management is aggressive and ignores teams needs.(in 21 reviews)
  • "HR does not try to help employees who are struggling in their roles due to abusive managers.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Some engineering teams grew as fast as the market demanded, but when projects were done, and no more available projects, big layoffs were ran(in 12 reviews)
  • "Upper management is clueless and is focused exclusively on the bottomline.(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Give a sh*t

Nov 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture Environment People Scene

Cons

I have no cons to share. Each role and department comes with its own personal baggage and issues!!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Recommend but negotiate well

Dec 7, 2022 - Associate Director, Project Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, benefits, time off policy, fully remote

Cons

They underpay so you’ll need to negotiate strongly

3. 3.0

Continuing to go downhill

Dec 16, 2022 - Sr. Project Manager in Brooklyn, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work, smart people, kind people.

Cons

No mobility. Unclear direction for company. Becoming more sterile and boring.

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Rat Race

Dec 8, 2022 - Senior Visual Designer in Baltimore, MD
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent clients and good pay.

Cons

55- 65hr hour work weeks.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee

Lost it's way.

Sep 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, remote work, nice benefits.

Cons

Lack of creative leadership and vision. Pitch process is totally broken. Losing really great senior talent in a matter of months. Completely tone deaf culturally and no longer relevant when it comes to working with modern brands. Mostly run by 40+ white men. Only a few women in creative leadership roles. New leadership is a bunch of management consultants who think clients want packaged offerings. What a client wants is for its agency partners to listen and find creative ways to solve their problems. Leadership is busy playing politics to win favor with new CEO instead of delivering great work.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good Company

Oct 12, 2022 - Senior CopyWriter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly people, thoughtful. Well organized. Good internal branding.

Cons

Not a lot of creative opportunities. Boring projects.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Boring and stressful but at least the people are nice

Sep 13, 2022 - UX Designer in Oakland, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great learning opportunity, especially for junior or mid-level designers. You will be surrounded by designers with a variety of backgrounds and specialties. This in addition to working with numerous clients in different industries will let you grow your skills quickly. - Senior leadership is mostly empathetic, low-ego individuals that seem to genuinely care about employees and frequently solicit feedback. They do make attempts to respond to employee concerns but often it is not enough to actually remedy the issues. -The company hires many people from non-traditional work backgrounds and is willing to train and grow these people. I think they do a better job of this than most other agencies and tech companies. - Generous time off. We have 3 weeks a year where the office is completely closed (this was implemented 2021). In addition we have unlimited PTO and are required to take at least 2 weeks on top of the 3 weeks of office closure. However, there are limitations to when and for how long you can take off and requests must usually be made a month in advance.

Cons

- Bad work/life balance. This is not to say that I work a lot more than 40 hours per week (although more senior people definitely do.) But the hours are unpredictable. I might spend all Monday morning with nothing to do to then be put on a project at 3pm and told to have something ready to share the next morning. Sometimes we’re told one day before a client review that the client completely changed their mind and we have to redesign a page. I am never able to make plans on weeknights because I don’t know if I’ll have to work late until the day of. Whenever I have brought this up to my manager her response is simply “that’s the way agencies work” and that it’s on me to get more comfortable with this ambiguity. - Poor transparency. I often don’t know what project I’ll be on until the day before I start, sometimes day of. I also don’t always know when my last day on a project is (twice I have started Monday working on a project just to be told later that day that my last day on it was the previous Friday.) Now that we have recently had a company reorg I also have no knowledge of what projects are in the pipeline, what projects others are working on, or even know when new people join the company. It’s like everyone works with blinders on. - Boring projects. The majority of projects I have been on are about building static marketing pages. We also have very little creative control and clients usually just want us to stick with the status quo. The majority of people that stay at Huge long-term are those whose entire careers have been at agencies and don’t realize that there are better jobs out there. Employees from the Colombian offices also tend to view Huge more positively because the pay is higher compared to Colombian companies and they have a chance to work with internationally recognized brands. When reading reviews I recommend filtering for your specific country for a more accurate perspective.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fantastic Company to Work for.

Sep 18, 2022 - IT Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay! Great Benefits! Great Communication!

Cons

none at this time that i can think of.