Huhtamaki Americas Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Clay Dunn

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Regional Sales Manager for consumer and foodservice packaging."

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in De Soto, KS
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in De Soto, KS

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company culture and customer base. Great employees. Good retirement benefits package. Just average health benefits but do have HSA options.

Cons

Very flat organization so upward movement and salary growth is very limited. Very little incentive for high performing employees. No commission structure, bonus only, which is not much to speak of.

Advice to Management

Compensate your employees fairly based upon performance. There is no financial incentive to over-perform.

2. "A short review"

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time

Pros

Good pay. Steady work schedule

Cons

Plant management leaves much to be desired

3. "Outstanding Place to Work"

Current Employee - Corporate IT in De Soto, KS
    Current Employee - Corporate IT in De Soto, KS

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Professional environment where people know how to be professional and act accordingly. Pay is in line with market. The company has vision for the future and knows how to compete in the respective market. Very employee friendly place to work. Cares about employee time off and work balance. Huhtamaki helps employees accomplish the work and training they need. Management will not micromanage you and will give you room to grow, excel, and prove your value. Team oriented approach that works. They hire good people. Work environment is good. A global leader in the industry . Good talent acquisition. Embraces new technologies and methods. Works to improve.

Cons

Could do better at marketing. Had an excellent new bakeware product but did not properly introduce it to the public so it failed. Loses some important customers due to lack of innovation and ability to stay ahead of some of the competition.
    Be more creative and innovative in event / seasonal specific art work and design of product. Focus design and art work on specific holidays, and events way more than what you do now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and do even better in the areas I mentioned.

4. "Huhtamaki IT"

Former Employee - Systems Administrator
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator

I worked at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Aggressive PTO benefit, good work/life balance. Most people willing to assist when needed.

Cons

Not holding every accountable.

5. "Excellent Place To Work"

Current Employee - Information Systems/I T in De Soto, KS
    Current Employee - Information Systems/I T in De Soto, KS

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time

Pros

Huhtamaki genuinely cares about its employees. USA headquarters work environment is top notch. My coworkers are competent, professional, friendly, and helpful. Pay is in line with market demand. Top leadership is on top of it. Everyone knows what they are doing. People are friendly, loving, kind, engaging, and cooperative for the most part. Benefit package is good.

Cons

I work in technology and we are behind on technology but we are rapidly catching up since we have good new management in the IT Services department. Pay could be higher but is not by any means low.

Communication and cooperation between business side and operations could always improve.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Embrace technology as a primary tool to reach and exceed goals.

6. "Huhtamaki Americas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut, CA

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits package
    Easy to work team

Cons

Plant manager still has a lot to learn
    Salary range on the middle of the market

7. "Shift Supervisor"

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time

Pros

The Great Family Style Environment that the working union Employees provide.

Cons

Just as I said in the Pros, it's only the Union Production Employees on the shop floor providing the Caring, Family Style Working Environment.

Advice to Management

2 maybe 3 meetings a day for Salary Personnel. I can see more than that on the Corporate Level at Corporate offices and please, no Office Quarterbacking. Get out on the floor and get Engaged. If the Leader has ep+ years and is costing to retirement believe me it Shows and effects Morale, Safety, Production and Quality.

8. "Very misguided! No leadership"

Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in De Soto, KS
    Current Employee - Maintenance Technician in De Soto, KS

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful people to work with. A good team based environment that breeds good work ethic, positivity, and diverse cultures that create a happy working environment

Cons

No leadership nor sense of direction! Very Micromanaging driven company, extremely poor training, turn over is very high with no slowing down, no ingenuity! employees are treated like a dime a dozen, poor raises and bad communication between managers and employees. It's rare for anyone to stay longer than 4 months due to very poor career advancement or support from upper management which in turn has morale extremely low, fail to deliver in promises and come up with very pathetic excuses as to why they will not invest time on their employees. Unqualified personnel in very vital positions that led to business loss

Advice to Management

Encourage your employees to strive to be better, come up with a solution to reduce turn over ratio to better the quality of the product, deliver on your promises that you make and have team meetings with employees that don't end up in possible termination because you felt disrespected. Try to work on your employees morale and bring a positive environment back to a team based company and offer training programs or seminars to those that would love to advance their careers

"Accounting"

Former Employee - Accounting in Franklin, OH
    Former Employee - Accounting in Franklin, OH

I worked at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work was easy. Manager was easy to get along with. Good vacation and holiday schedule. Still some tenured employees that are experienced.

Cons

No teamwork. Everyone out for their own benefit. Hostile work environment. Good old boys club. Morale low. HR does not listen to emplyee issues. Unrealistic production expectations. Pay lower than others in area. No air conditioning in plant.

Advice to Management

Too much favouritism. No room for advancement. Management were not in touch with worker's needs. Spent a lot of time with small talk and not addressing known issues. Apathetic managers who would rather goof off and talk then work.

10. "Ehh"

Current Employee - Operator in Fulton, NY
    Current Employee - Operator in Fulton, NY

I have been working at Huhtamaki Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for the amount of work you do. Fun people to work with. Supervisors are very nice and will help you with your work

Cons

Upper management have no clue about anything. Can't have any fun at all. Temperatures get well into the 100's in the summer time in the factory

Advice to Management

Be more open with your employees. Pay your mechanics better so that we can keep this place running smoother and quit losing them