Human Arc Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.5
Michael J. Baird

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Some work from home positions, some positions that offer a bonus structure (in 7 reviews)

• Great relationships with coworkers, generous PTO (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Team Leaders that have no idea how to lead or work as a team, lack of team leader support (in 9 reviews)

• Because of low pay, hiring and/or keeping quality people has been a struggle for Human Arc (in 7 reviews)

1. "Enrollment Eligibility Specialist (EES)"

Current Employee - Eligibility Specialist in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Eligibility Specialist in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Human Arc is a great company to work for, with morals and values and they care a great deal about the employees and community.

Cons

None that I have experienced besides the fact that they need to upgrade their desk chair. They get pretty uncomfortable towards the end of the shift.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"Great place for career growth"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to move to a higher position within a short amount of time. Performance increase and bonuses are easily attainable as long as you work hard to meet your goals. Recent acquisition by Centauri Health Solutions means bigger and better opportunities. Excellent PTO plans.

Cons

Office - it's an older building that has heating and cooling issues. Also need upgraded cubicles and chairs.

Advice to Management

Continue promoting internally. Please upgrade the office furniture and work out temperature issues.

"Team Leader"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Human Arc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

-flexibility of work schedule
    -ability to remotely work as needed
    -vacation time

Cons

doesn't value employee. After more than 7 years of employment, my situation warranted me to move and ask to work in my old position. I was told my beginning wage would be the same as a new hire, even though I'd had experience as Team Leader. It was a slap in the face. I learned they didn't value any of my efforts, successes or revenue I attained for their company.

Advice to Management

More transparency- feedback

"This is a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, Decent benefits, Decent people. The work we do truly helps others. Annual pay increase, and bonus if you are performing well. Some work from home positions, some positions that offer a bonus structure.

Cons

We are a business so we have to make money to stay in business, it is hard to have to put numbers in front of helping others - even though we would like to, we can't help everyone. It is hard to move up with it being a small company and can take years to move into a higher position. When you look at pay of other Medicaid or Disability companies they are a little higher paying at the start but also require so much experience or education, but this company also provides you the training needed to do the job, which in turn gives you that experience.

Advice to Management

Ask for employee feedback and use it. Explain why we are doing something the way that we are - less of a hidden agenda and decision making.

"Representative"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Option to Telework, generous paid time off program.

Cons

Pay is below market value for positions. Benefits increase every year. Teleworkers are not given the same incentive options as office workers, though they are held to a higher standard. The company preaches compassion for the clients it serves, however management shows no compassion toward their employees. Bottom line, it's all about the bottom line. There is no loyalty to the employees, regardless of performance.

6. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Analyst I in Statesboro, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst I in Statesboro, GA

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Career development, positive reinforcement, fun, financial incentives for meeting goals, flexibility, they treat employees well and thank them for their work

Cons

Some level of disorganization on the operational level; organizational growth outpaces hiring, which causes an additional burden on associates

Advice to Management

Make sure to hire enough associates to keep up with organizational growth, reevaluate pay structure (not necessarily increase pay, but examine how individual roles are paid) to retain talented individuals in necessary roles (Best Benefits - Good SOS go to CM)

"Great place to work, wages need re-evaluated"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time

Pros

Amazing PTO, company invested in associate development.

Cons

Wages for employees do not match the market. Each year, associates are given a year appraisal. The rate is associated with the appraisal is equivalent to a cost-of-living adjustment. Company does not give associates cost-of-living adjustments each year. In general, associates need to excel in their performance just to receive a cost of living adjustment.

Advice to Management

Provide annual COLA. Raises should be for A players in addition to COLA. The message that you were sending to your associate is they have to excell at their job just to get a cost-of-living adjustment.

"Great place to work, but some changes need to be made"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits are great. You get a lot of PTO, and generally speaking, leadership is willing to work with you on a flexible schedule (for example, if you come in late, you can make up the time). You have the option to work from home. I have always loved my co-workers. I've been working at Human Arc for a long time, and most of my closest friends are either current or former employees. I have always felt supported by my Team Leader, and have always liked my Team Leader (and I've had many throughout the years).

Cons

I saw a previous review about the pay, and I agree 100%. There is a lot of extra work required to complete your yearly annual appraisal. You are required to do 8 hours of volunteer time. Which is truly great, however, it also takes time away from your other work, which you are still held accountable for. In addition to your regular work, the time throughout the year, and actually completing the annual review, takes an additional 10-12 hours. All of this is in hopes of getting a cost of living adjustment, which you may, or may not get. Over the past couple of years, the atmosphere has changed. The workload has increased tremendously. While management states that quality is important, the truth of the matter is, that quantity, not quality is what gets the most praise and attention. In my department, we have been told throughout the year how well we've done. We have met and exceeded our numbers, and we had a really successful year. Yet, the only people to actually reap any type of reward from that is management. They get to go to offsite meetings, sporting events, ect. We did not get a Christmas bonus, raise, ect. We do get pot luck lunches, at the office, which only benefits those who are actually in the office. While working from home wonderful, it is also a hindrance as far as career development. You are very limited in how far you can go with your career while working from home.

Advice to Management

Please re-evaluate the scorecard process and look at wages. Instead of just saying that the workload will decrease, actually make it happen.

9. "There are better jobs out there..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress, weekends off, some people are nice.

Cons

Low pay with very small raises (if you get them) that don't cover the cost of living increase, not in the best part of town, middle management is under qualified and unprofessional at times, and expectations for productivity are unrealistic and barely attainable.

Your experience at this company will depend on what department you work for. Be aware that because this isn't a very big company, it's not easy to "move up" unless you know the right people. When I started working here I thought people were friendly, and some people are, but there are many people who are rude and look down on others for no reason. Some people don't even say hi back to you when you say it to them first. Also, don't be fooled- this company is just like every other company where money is the bottom line and numbers are really all that matter.

Advice to Management

Learn what really motivates people to do a good job or to care about their jobs. Provide training for specific roles provided by someone who has actually done the role. You're setting people up to fail when you don't train them. Pay attention to the work that people do and realize that many people are getting away with being lazy and incompetent, while others are striving to do their best but fail to see any reward. Don't give people management roles when they don't have management experience.

"Run away!"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good vacation time (it's what keeps most of us here)
    Depending on your leader and direct coworkers your team can be a pro...
    Benefits are cheap (but see below)

Cons

Do not under any circumstances work here. Run away. Far, far away.

Culture changes over the past several years. It's been to the great detriment of this once wonderful company to work for.
    Benefits are cheap, but they're often not worth the money you pay for them.
    Executive want to keep doing things the way they've been doing them for years instead of property innovating or keeping abreast of market changes.
    They refuse to invest in the future
    Culture lies: the say they are about making a difference, but it only matters to them that it's in their brochures, not the actual company.
    Severe underpayment - for operations and others alike. Some by 25% or more lower than industry averages, not even looking into what an employee is actually with when considering experience, knowledge, education and tenure.

Advice to Management

Get your head out of the sand and start looking at the way you actually treat and compensate your employees. Don't give us a lecture on employee loyalty when you show none to us. If I could rate this sad company with zero stars I would.