Human Arc Reviews | Glassdoor

Human Arc Reviews

Updated April 15, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Some work from home positions, some positions that offer a bonus structure (in 7 reviews)

• Great relationships with coworkers, generous PTO (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Team Leaders that have no idea how to lead or work as a team, lack of team leader support (in 9 reviews)

• Because of low pay, hiring and/or keeping quality people has been a struggle for Human Arc (in 7 reviews)

1. "Hard work will pay off"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working here for almost a year and its a great job for entry level experience people. I didn't have much experience , but I'm a quick learner, so I caught on quickly. If you pay attention and ask questions, things should come naturally. The PTO is generous, we give back to the community is so many ways and raises are based on performance! In the department I work for, you can create your own work schedule as long as it equates to 40 hours.

Cons

The starting pay for someone with little experience is quite low and you do get the sense of some low quality workers here . Benefits are limited to people who haven't worked a year or more. The department I work in does not offer many advancement position opportunities but you do have the option to apply for other departments which is very common.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward hard working employees and take into consideration their wants and needs. It goes a long way

"A Place to Belong"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time

Pros

Human Arc is very centered on their employees, not only to assure they have everything they need to perform their jobs, but that they are also happy in their jobs. Management strives to make sure they hear and address all concerns in a timely manner, and the company is open to implement changes to make the work environment better for associates. I am grateful for the fact that I can approach my supervisor about an issue and that she will do whatever it takes to assist me. This company also does not penalize associates for using PTO and allows generous amounts of it, because they want to assure you are taking care of yourself and can be your best self when you are at work. It is a very family-feeling culture, where everyone wants to help you and see you succeed. My fellow coworkers are friendly, helpful, and we have a lot of fun together, too! Whether it be helping out in the community, or participating in holiday events, there is always something to look forward to at Human Arc.

Cons

This isn't really a con, but our company is growing very fast which means a lot of changes. Some people do not adjust to change well, and these are the people who usually complain at the water cooler rather than addressing their concerns with their supervisor.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You listen to your employees and act on their needs. You do a great job balancing both this and being a for-profit business. I have never felt this supported and encouraged to grow in any other job I've ever had in my life. I owe a lot of my professional growth to the guidance I've received from leadership here at Human Arc.

3. "Team Leader"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Human Arc is a GREAT place to work. Our company has won the Northcoast 99 Best Places to work for the last 14 years. NorthCoast 99 is an annual recognition program that honors 99 great workplaces for top talent in Northeast Ohio. Winners are selected based on how their policies and practices align with criteria that increase the probability they will more effectively attract and retain top performing people.
    Human Arc is also involved with the community in many different rewarding ways. Human Arc sponsors The Race to a Million which is annual event to help feed the hungry in Cleveland where thousands of dollars are raised to feed the hungry. Associates are given 8 hours of paid time to volunteer with a charity of their choosing. Human Arc has credibility with open communications, competence and integrity. The company show respect by supporting, collaborating and caring for its associates. Human Arc is a fair employer with the absence of favoritism in hiring and promotions and lack of discrimination. Human Arc takes prides in individual's work, team work and our work in the community. Human Arc's culture is friendly and welcoming. You can be yourself at Human Arc. You are in charge of how far and where you go in this company.

Cons

To be honest I cannot think of any cons to working at Human Arc.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work!

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive pay, paid volunteer time, significant paid time off, friendly atmosphere, CEO that truly cares, promotion from within.

Cons

Location. Traffic going home can sometimes be rough, but no cons about the company itself.

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving people here a chance to make so much more of themselves than they ever thought possible and for rewarding and recognizing hard work and determination. It has made all the difference.

5. "Acoount Rep"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Belleville, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Belleville, IL

I have been working at Human Arc full-time

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for!!!!!!!!!
    Pros- Great pay, flexible hours, yearly bonus, gives back to the community, work from home positions, lots of PTO. This is a company that cares about their employees! I read a review on here that compared it to a cult. At first I was angry, but then, I just laughed. Our employees are close and friendly with each other, in times, almost family like, but in no way "cult-like" LOL. The work environment is very laid back and stress free. We have fun times with games, dinners and holiday celebrations. I've been here almost 4 years and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

Cons- No paid maternity leave. You have to use PTO

Advice to Management

I would have them consider adding a few weeks of paid maternity leave after being with the company for maybe a year or two.

6. "Disability Case Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Great Team Leaders that provide the info and training to be successful in the position.
    Opportunity to work from home.
    Flexible work hours.
    Supportive and kind leadership that is interested in what we have to say and set realistic goals to achieve them.
    Everyone from supervisors to HR to upper management are very responsive to questions and you don't feel like you are putting them out by asking questions- very open door policy.
    Lots of training opportunities- the more you know the more you can help your clients!
    They encourage a lot of teamwork amongst coworkers with a reward program and a board to recognize the special acts of kindness and going above and beyond to help each other.
    Personality testing helps us understand each other's perspective and strengths to encourage stronger teamwork.
    Pays us to volunteer 8 hours a year- LOVE THAT!
    Passion to give back to the community by supporting the local food bank and other charities means a lot to me.
    Bonus and raises offered.
    Health Insurance options are comparable to what I left with the government position.
    Opportunities to move around within the company to find your personal niche.
    Daily reward of being able to help someone in great need whether it is calling to tell them they got additional benefits or just to give them an encouraging word. Great job to be in!

Cons

IT could be more responsive.
    I don't have a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! I love the innovative and supportive atmosphere that you have created in the Cleveland office. Your team leaders in Best Benefits are top notch and have never made me feel like I was bothering them to ask questions. Training opportunities are great and I love that there is a good variety offered. The flexibility and support that I have received from Human Arc has given me a new view on case management. I come from a government background and never see me leaving Human Arc to return to the government sector. Compassion and integrity is not just encouraged but expected and both of those ultimately translates to respect for our clients. I love working at Human Arc and recommend positions as they open to my former co-workers with the government.

7. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Laid back but professional environment
    Open door policy
    Room for advancement
    Tuition Reimbursement

The people that work here are the best. We really care for each other and it is a family atmosphere.

Cons

No Cons at this time

Advice to Management

None

8. "Team Leader"

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In my department, I am encouraged to celebrate and reward my team for the work that they do.
    I have worked in multiple positions for the past 8 years and have been promoted multiple times.
    If you do exceptional work, the company wants to reward you for it.
    When I've shared ideas I've been both shot down and offered the opportunity to explore the idea to see if the results are what we were looking for
    If you are ambitious and a go-getter and you work with your supervisor, you will get the opportunity to advance and grow (your supervisor won't know what you want unless you talk to them)
    You have to seek out what you want, no one in upper management is walking around looking to hand out dream jobs. But when I have spoken up I have been given opportunity

Cons

As an associate I had more leadership involvement and guidance than I do as a Team Leader
    As a team leader i'm asked to be available to my team while also being bombarded with a ton of "reporting" to do.
    My work life balance is disappearing by the day
    Everyone in the company is overworked. Case loads are high and upper management is always reluctant to hire more staff

Advice to Management

Hire more staff. Don't set goals to be behind in the work. Set goals to be ahead. The associates are overworked including Team Leaders

"Needs New Leadership"

Current Employee - Acct Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Acct Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Generous PTO, paid holidays and flexible work schedules available.

Cons

Very low pay, incompetent Team Leaders, lack of communication and training, Team Leaders that have no idea how to lead or work as a team, lack of team leader support

Advice to Management

Really take a look at your leadership. Your team leads find it more important to take breaks, talk with one another and are totally disconnected from staff.

"Uninvolved Management, Decent Benefits"

Current Employee - Software Developer I in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Software Developer I in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Human Arc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm allowed 2 work from home days. Tuition reimbursement is nice to have, but the upper annual limit is far too low. I appreciate working for a company that helps people.

Cons

My leader barely interacts with me. He constantly postpones/cancels my 1-on-1 meetings. I am not involved in any of the meetings. I feel very alone here.

Advice to Management

Be more involved.