Humana Reviews in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

3.9
Humana President and CEO Bruce D. Broussard
Bruce D. Broussard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work from Home, Not micro-managed (in 374 reviews)

• A wonderful health and wellness culture with a great work life balance (in 146 reviews)

Cons

"Its but good. We'll see how the Aetna merger shakes things up."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and 401k. Good caring people. Truly wanting to change the way we deliver quality outcomes in people's lives.

Cons

Too many moving pieces and no direct guidance on how to solve issues. Passing the buck. Promotions scarce. Incompetent leaders in many areas with little to no education. People pleasers. Customer service is a joke. Too compliant driven which handicaps anyone from actually doing a good job by customers. No accountability for poor performance in senior products operations. Sales always delivers, yet we are always underperforming on p and l which further hinders sales.

Advice to Management

Clean house in operations and customer service.

"Micromanaged and paid ridiculously low!"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Humana full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to Work from home. That's the only one I could think of honestly. I would say flexibility, but really not as flexible as you would think once the micromanagement is factored in.

Cons

They give you so much work to do that you end up working all day and all night!
    Metrics out the whazoo- no mater how hard you work you won't be able to meet their expectations
    Micromanaged- you have to answer the phone in 3 rings, they log your keystrokes, record your calls, its like a reality show!
    35K a year??? For an RN ??? Out of their minds!

Advice to Management

If you want a quality RN pay the going rate. Working from home is not such a great benefit that you should pay 50% of the going rate.

Also if you have enough time to micromanage to this level, you could probably add a couple of nurses to lighten the case load.

"Coder"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great people to work with. Good pay. Great benefits except the Medical Insurance

Cons

For being an insurance company the medical was expensive and was not good. High Deductible plans only.

Advice to Management

You have a nice way of doing things and Humana is a great company but you need to follow through by giving your employees better medical insurance. Seem to me you could do that since you're an insurance company.

Showing 3 of 2,477 reviews