Humana Reviews in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

4.0
Humana President and CEO Bruce D. Broussard
Bruce D. Broussard
1 Rating

Pros
  • The Ability to work from home is a great plus for this company (in 282 reviews)

• They have a great Work/Life Balance as long as you are an exempt employee (in 126 reviews)

Cons

"Its but good. We'll see how the Aetna merger shakes things up."

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Humana full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and 401k. Good caring people. Truly wanting to change the way we deliver quality outcomes in people's lives.

Cons

Too many moving pieces and no direct guidance on how to solve issues. Passing the buck. Promotions scarce. Incompetent leaders in many areas with little to no education. People pleasers. Customer service is a joke. Too compliant driven which handicaps anyone from actually doing a good job by customers. No accountability for poor performance in senior products operations. Sales always delivers, yet we are always underperforming on p and l which further hinders sales.

Advice to Management

Clean house in operations and customer service.

"Coder"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Pros

Great people to work with. Good pay. Great benefits except the Medical Insurance

Cons

For being an insurance company the medical was expensive and was not good. High Deductible plans only.

Advice to Management

You have a nice way of doing things and Humana is a great company but you need to follow through by giving your employees better medical insurance. Seem to me you could do that since you're an insurance company.

Showing 2 of 2,151 reviews