What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits like tuition reimbursement 4 to 5 weeks of vacation a year good health insurance and pay." (in 648 reviews)
- "It can be a tedious job with tons of time on the road but the pay is good." (in 432 reviews)
- "The ability to work from home is a great plus" (in 385 reviews)
- "Flexibility and great work life balance" (in 212 reviews)
- "Great people and job flexibility" (in 212 reviews)
- "It's not worth the mental beat down you get from this poor management team." (in 248 reviews)
- "Level Managers don't get developed" (in 111 reviews)
- "Disorganized and poor leadership" (in 97 reviews)
- "call) with 20 hours weekly yet we get NO HOURS & NO TRAINING!! Why did they hire us exactly??" (in 90 reviews)
- "Middle management is self absorbed and upper management is blind to this fact." (in 82 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Humana and is not affected by filters.
Found 227 of over 7K reviews
Updated Oct 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "health insurance"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 15, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
Large corporation= good salery and benifits. Company on paper project a very positive presence in the health insurance and care management markets.
Far too many "managers" with a gotcha and stab - you- in- the -back attitude. Appears even that employees of one race are allowed to grossly discriminate against another without reprocusson.1
- 2.0Dec 16, 2008Financial ConsultantCurrent EmployeeLouisville, KY
This company has excellent health benefits and it leading edge when it comes to keeping down members health insurance costs. This company is very innovative. This company makes a huge difference in the community especially the Humana Foundation. It has a lot of growth opportunity and could really be one of the biggest health insurance companies around, especially one that people want to do business with. They do recruit good talent and I've never worked with someone I really didn't like. Most employees are friendly. Within departments, there is a lot of teamwork. I think this company could really go somewhere.
This company does not promote within well and they certainly don't compensate their best performers well. There have been many times when I know an external candidate would get offered a far greater amount of money than what they have offered the internal candidate. Some management has a hard time communicating and making you feel good about your job. They don't fire people when they need to. There is a lack of communication and team work between departments and you often feel like you don't know who to go to for something. There date resources could be better and more technological.1