KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Humana

Is this your company?

Humana

Add a Review

Humana Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Dec 21, 2020

Found 101 of over 4K reviews

4.1
Humana President and CEO Bruce  D. Broussard
Bruce D. Broussard
1,886 Ratings
Pros
  • "The Work from home option is wonderful(in 636 reviews)

• "Work life balance , develop employees(in 242 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Health Insurance has high premium for employees(in 122 reviews)

• "upper management did not always have a great attitude or patience when it came to virtual trainings(in 101 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Humana and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Pay but with Firm Production Metrics

Dec 21, 2020 - Enrollment Representative in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great pay - room to grow in company

Cons

- steep production metrics - upper management did not always have a great attitude or patience when it came to virtual trainings

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Horrible Company

Nov 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learned a lot about how healthcare works. Met some good people.

Cons

Humana is a very hard environment. I worked there full time for nearly 16 years before being laid off despite yearly reviews stating my job performance was full or exceptional. The company itself is poorly run, but your job satisfaction depends a lot on your immediate Supervisor or Manager. Over the years, I worked for several exceptional leaders and many who were lazy or just unqualified, but were in their role because they were personal friends with upper management. The company regularly tells you how lucky you are to work there while providing subpar employee health insurance, infrequent raises despite job performance, constant management changes, and constant changes to directives and initiatives. They think nothing of laying off long term employees of 10, 15, 20+ years if they can outsource your job or hire someone off the street with no experience for less money. In my experience, the company seems to care very little about the employees.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0

I have mixed feelings.

Feb 12, 2016 - Personal Health Coach (PHC)
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been extremely fortunate to have been placed on two teams that are outstanding and supportive. I have also been blessed with two outstanding Coaches and Clinical Operations Managers. I work from home, I can look ugly if I want, the worst part of the commute is a cat in the hallway. When I turn off the computer at the end of the day, work is done and that is wonderful for me. PTO is generous, my coach is flexible in working with me with school, elderly family members and my own health as long as productivity is met. Work/life balance is encouraged. Lots of health and wellness incentives.

Cons

I don't have many cons. But, the worst would be this: about 6 months after I started there was a distinct culture shift from quality to quantity. Upper management can deny it all they want, but that's what it is. Every position on my side of the telephonic business is having their feet held to the fire to meet incredibly high member "connects" every day, week and month. Not only that, there are elements withing those calls that are being measured as well like talk time for the day and referrals to other departments. So, if my talk time is way up and my number of contacts is down, I may have spent too much time on the phone with the members. Or if I reached a high number of members and my talk time was low my quality may come into question and my calls may be scrutinized. So, saying this you are probably thinking that I am working in customer service and need to stop whining, right?? NO! I work with members regarding their health needs, encouraging health goals, answering questions and providing resources if needed. Yeah. The goal for my day would certainly be attainable IF every person I called answered the phone. I have a coworker that made 45 calls to get only 11 successful connects for the day. They all have to be documented too btw. This doesn't include any anomalies in charts that need to be addressed and passed up the chain either. I can go on but I won't. Bottom line is quality will fall if quantity continues to be the push. All things cycle. I hope this kidney stone passes soon because it hurts like hades!

162 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee

Mid level management with little experience

Sep 30, 2020 - Coach in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company really cares about its employees

Cons

Upper management is poor and often excessively secretive

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good opportunity, but improvements to be made

Jun 10, 2020 - Administrative Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good opportunity overall. Decent pay. Work at Home. Benefits - Insurance, 401k 6% match, decent PTO (23 days a year), Volunteer time off (8 hours/yr), my immediate supervisor really cared for employees, team members in my experience were wonderful, CEO/upper management- I can tell they do care about the company

Cons

Department restructures are common. There is no room for advancement in my specific position. Workload is pretty heavy most of the time and can be quite stressful lots of the time - it’s common to be doing the work of more than one person and when coworkers are out on PTO, there is even more additional work. In my experience, you work much harder and there is much more of an expectation in an at home job such as this one, then in an office setting. There had been a significant growth in my department over the years but did not hired any additional staff to accommodate. They do monitor your productivity via DPA software, it shows any idle time and which activities you are spending your time. If you do your job, this is no big deal. But there is a slight micromanage. They really are proud of the Humana values and they do a decent job of reflecting most of them in my opinion. But there are some that I believe, and my team/department would agree, there is a disconnect on. An example- There is a 30 min wellness break each week that Humana promotes to its employees. However in the several years I was there- no one has been able to take advantage of it in my team/department. It had been “in the works” by immediate management for years. Large disconnect in upper management’s understanding on what we do on the day to day. “Pioneering simplicity” is supported and advocated by immediate supervisors but then gets combatted by upper management. Which in my observations leads to some frequent frustrations with members and facilities. This is a very defeating feeing for my department/team to frequently be advocates for change, simplicity and best practices, only to be redirected by upper management who are not familiar with what you do on a day to day. My job role turned out to be completely different than the posted job I applied, interviewed and believed I was being hired to do.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Dual Eligible Outreach

Jun 19, 2019 - Outbound Representative in Doral, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is fine, they offer alot of benefits and really care about employees well being. The Dual Eligible Outreach department is just disorganized and are all about numbers and not the associates.

Cons

The insurance is horrible!!! God forbids you become hospitalized the bill that you're left with is ridiculous. The pay is not competitive at all, new comers are getting paid then senior associates which is not encouraging at all, there is no room for growth. Micro-managing is at an all time high. Unnecessary changes to metrics after bonus incentive implemented in order to not earn it. The level of disconnection between upper management, to associates is ridiculous. A very simple job has turned into a dreading nightmare. Its like you're in prison the minute you log in.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Benefits, Silo Departments

Feb 5, 2020 - Department Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k match, PTO, observed holidays, emphasis on health and wellness.

Cons

Departments are quite frequently in silos, implementation of new processes aren't fully fleshed or thought out before teams are required to take on (both regionally and from corporate), less than desirable communication/dissemination of info from upper management teams.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It has been very challenging having to prove my title as an Experience Customer Service Agent

Sep 24, 2019 - Customer Service Representative in Tucson, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours, working along side other's, gaining member's trust, giving the upmost all that is pleased for the work that is presented at Humama

Cons

Straying ahead of the trainings, being part of the company, getting upper management to be fair all around not only when they feel it's convenient

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Buy stock but don't work there

Jul 5, 2019 - RN Care Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, great customers. Prior to new CEO in 2014 or so it was a dream job, really making changes in patients (members) lives creating strong bonds with them.

Cons

Micromanaging, some coaches create hostile environment neither upper management, nor H.R. want to address it, falls on deaf ears. Was a top heavy company when I was there.

10. 5.0

Good place to work

Aug 15, 2019 - Contract Professional I in Louisville, KY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, 401k, bonuses

Cons

Upper management could be more involved with day to day processes

Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Reviews