Humane Society Of Tampa Bay Reviews | Glassdoor

Humane Society Of Tampa Bay Reviews

2.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I'd stay there forever if I could. Bad knees so couldn't continue to do vet tech work."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Humane Society Of Tampa Bay full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very fulfilling work! Great benefits. Surrounded by like minded individuals.

Cons

Prepare to have your heart ripped out. The public does some horrible things to our furry friends so just know you have to help them. Just try not to be overwhelmed by the emotional aspect of shelter work.

"Better Watch Your Back"

I worked at Humane Society Of Tampa Bay full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers, fast-paced, never bored, no two days are alike, feels good to serve community, nice facility, good medical equipment, fundraisers are fun

Cons

You better hope management doesn't up and decide one day that they don't like you, because if they do they will search for even the tiniest reason to fire you. Sherry is a slave-driver and expects everyone to do her dirty work like little minions. And don't even try to put in an HR complaint- they will fire you at any chance they get if you even mention going to HR! If you don't care about job security- go ahead. Try your luck and see how long you last.

Advice to Management

Do some soul-searching. You only have a finite amount of time on this earth- do you want to spend that time doing evil or doing good? You spit on the community you are supposed to serve and ride on the backs of your poor employees. You guys are taking the "humane" out of the humane society.