Cover image for Hunt Military Communities

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

1.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Hunt Military Communities~1939789
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Hunt Military Communities? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Hunt Military Communities employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Decent pay(in 4 reviews)
  • "The office team was great at supporting one another and the benefits are decent(in 4 reviews)
  • "bonus was decent(in 3 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Marketing Team. Slow Progress To Better Site Teams.

Jun 7, 2022 - Regional Marketing Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team I work with currently is a huge positive for me. Everyone is always willing to help each other. We each come from different backgrounds and bring something unique to the table. Everyone is willing to share their ideas for things they've done in the past, or even thinking way outside the box. Being remote and having the freedom to make your own schedule (to an extent) is great because it gives me the chance to help out each property in my portfolio. It also affords me the ability to see places that I never would have been to on my own, or the level I was at previously.

Cons

Communication is a big struggle. Some tend to keep to themselves and some even think others are out to get them. So cliques tend to be made in certain areas. Some tend to forget that we are here to help serve those who serve our country. Not so much at the Corporate level, but at the Property Level. Processes and procedures are very inconsistent going from site to site, however; there are trainings taking place to remedy this. It's a slow process, but it is getting better. Turnover is another issue we have. Before the leadership we have now, it was pretty much a "hire someone to fill the seat" mentality. That is also currently being slowly remedied. We are now finding people who want to be here, who want to work, and who want to make a difference.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

HMC soul sucking job.

Sep 1, 2022 - Maintenance Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good day job Decent pay Can learn a lot of different trades. Benefits Job security Good techs to learn from

Cons

On call No promotions Soul sucking When it's bad management makes it worse Management does not care for techs. Hard work is not rewarded Management has favorites. If upset, your the problem Will dangle promotions not give them On call all night work all day +more. If I could detail it here I would

Corporate

Communication is a very important part of any business. I will be sure to share this feedback with HMC and the leadership team. Thank you for your candid feedback.

3. Join the Hunt Military Communities team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Essentially Paid Actors

Jun 3, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good for experience. Military housing is hard work and they do offer bonuses and decent PTO if you can find time to actually take it. Giving back to military families is important.

Cons

Senior Leaders all the way up to the new CEO is horribly two faced and toxic. It's almost as if they're paid actors, but then again, I guess they are. It's all how they forward face to the Military and Government these days. The prior senior level leadership teams were far more relatable and genuine, but it's all about thier posturing and selling of thier "culture change" now. Senior leaders (CEO, VPs) come on property and pretend to be concerned about you, your team and your challenges, but then mid-level leadership (DOs) comes on site and the feedback has changed. They dump all of the negative feedback that ultimately results in budget cuts that severely impact our ability to even do our jobs. Then we get piled on with more work - i.e. extra reports to explain who we werent suceeding. When asking mid-level leadership why all these new reports were needed, a shoulder shrug with the answers of "that's what Brian (CEO) wants to see."

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Solid company to work for

Jun 7, 2022 - Vice President Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

I am thoroughly convinced that Hunt Military Communities is the premier Military Housing Privatized Initiative (MHPI) company to work for. The CEO and senior leadership are fully committed to implementing scalable processes and systems while leading teams to operate more efficiently, ultimately improving driving financial performance and improving company culture. The commitment is evident as demonstrated by hiring/expanding an incredible technology team and project management team prioritized on strategic initiatives. Due to this strategy and commitment, HMC will continue to attract the best talent in the MHPI portfolio. As they are hyper-focused on the long-term, sustainable success of providing excellent housing to the outstanding men and women that serve our country. It was truly an honor to work for Hunt Military Communities.

Cons

External stakeholders/government partners can be slow to make decisions and at times can impede sustainable progress.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Micro managed

Oct 12, 2022 - Community Manager in Bossier City, LA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Micro managed, no freedom, no advancement

Cons

Lack of pay, poor management, too much oversight

Vice President, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for taking the time to review HMC. As we move to make changes and improve processes, it often comes with needed oversight and guidance. The future is bright because of the adoption of new technology that will allow us to monitor and review performance. Ultimately, our goal is to care for our residents and provide the best possible housing we can.

7. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good

Sep 22, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I work on Fort Sam Houston in a safe environment.

Cons

No more growth opportunities. I am capped.

Vice President, Marketing & Communications

We are happy to hear you feel safe in your work environment. Thank you for sharing this important feedback. in regard to being capped in your position, please contact your immediate supervisor, or HR to discuss options.

8. 1.0

Run Run RUN

Sep 13, 2022 - Maintenance Tech
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the Military Men and Women

Cons

Poor Management, The only time they tell the truth is when their lips aren't moving. The on call is illegal according to Ms Laws. ( They won't let you clock in until you arrive at the base and they make you clock out before you leave the base. Look it up. I have. ) Pay is substandard. The Bonus Program they talk about is not achievable.

Vice President, Marketing & Communications

We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that you feel we are not managing correctly. Recently, we conducted focus groups in each of our communities and received very positive feedback. Perhaps the issue you experienced is isolated to your specific community?

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Beware of illegal directives and no accountability

Aug 24, 2022 - Dispatcher in Silverdale, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is good, they provide $500 for clothes through their site, it's enough to get a couple coats and work shirts

Cons

They told me "fair housing laws don't matter in regards to 5 star service" when I asked if they were telling me to break the law, they told me to take the training again, I did, sent a screenshot of the explicit instructions that "good customer service may seem like the right option but fair housing laws must be followed" to the manager and within two weeks I was fired. They take no accountability for bad directives and if you happen to understand the process better than upper management they see it as a threat. They expected me to risk a personal lawsuit and whatever repercussions the company would have because the manager doesn't understand fair housing and isn't willing to learn it and explain to the residents the process. They over work everyone, they expect since it's a military housing community that employees behave like service members and always say yes. I was fired when I said no, I won't break the law. Document everything. The local managers have no idea how to handle disability requests, I was asked all sorts of illegal questions when I asked who to send my paperwork to, they told me I couldn't be included in the email to HR regarding MY disability requests... A year later someone from the right department reached out and said I should have been working with them all along. Management is completely incompetent and they will sacrifice you when that incompetence is brought to light. During the pandemic, our department got zero relief, our on site staff got two weeks off paid in March of 2020, dispatchers worked those two weeks explaining to very irate residents that no one could help them. They say they celebrate your anniversaries and accomplishments but they don't unless you choose to do things like break the law, and "sir yes sir" everything no matter how much it violates policy and laws.

Corporate

Thank you for sharing your experience. I will forward this message to HR and legal so that employees will know the proper path for getting appropriate guidance and training in the future.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Out of touch

May 2, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Annual bonus Paid holidays off It’s better than unemployment

Cons

This company is severely out of touch with the current state of the job market. They operate as if it’s pre-pandemic and have not kept up with the times. Gone are the days that employees had to put up with mistreatment, toxic culture, poor management, and archaic work schedules/conditions. The company has been unable to shift to meet the new current demands of the labor force (flexible schedules, remote work, competitive pay, better benefits) and therefore has a high rate of turnover because staff are leaving for companies who have been able to keep up. They constantly donate to charities and spend money frivolously to make themselves look good only to pay their staff less than Target does.

Vice President, Marketing & Communications

I am so sorry to hear you have had an unpleasant experience. While COVID impacted some of our operating procedures, we have adjusted our policies as best we can to allow for some remote working as reasonable, while still taking care of our residents. One of our goals is to provide autonomy while instilling consistency in our processes. Best of luck to you and thank you for your service to our residents.

11. 3.0

Growth Opportunities but Poor Organization

Feb 1, 2022 - Leasing Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with some great people and nice managers. I had the opportunity to grow from admin assistant to leasing specialist. I was also offered other positions within the company if management thought it better suited our needs (resident service specialist).

Cons

The pay wasn’t great, we were often overworked and blamed for things out of our control, and management didn’t care about our need for personal time off (doctors appointments, auto reload, illnesses). As a military spouse employees amongst many other pauses you’d think they’d care more about our wellbeing with our service members were away, but they didn’t take care of us as employees well and didn’t provide the support we needed to do a good job.

Vice President, Marketing & Communications

Thank you for your valuable feedback. The heart of HMC is our employees! I'm sorry you did not feel valued, but do appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we can not only look into it but also make sure it does not continue. We have a lot of great things happening that will make our company and what we can provide residents, even better.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews
</>Embed

Hunt Military Communities Reviews FAQs

Hunt Military Communities has an overall rating of 2.6 out of 5, based on over 32 reviews left anonymously by employees. 40% of employees would recommend working at Hunt Military Communities to a friend and 28% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hunt Military Communities employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hunt Military Communities. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

40% of Hunt Military Communities employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hunt Military Communities 2.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hunt Military Communities to be coworkers, benefits, compensation and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with Hunt Military Communities Job Seekers