Hunter Roberts Construction Group Reviews | Glassdoor

James C. McKenna

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Better Than Most"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hunter Roberts Construction Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

High-profile jobs, some room to grow, good ancillary benefits, medical benefits are great, matched 401K, young staff, pleasant office environment.

Cons

Seems to be some bait-and-switch when it comes to internal opportunities and assignments. Moving from one project to the next is very uncertain and comes with no notification.

Advice to Management

Be sure the promise you make has a strong likelihood of working out.

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager Intern in Newark, NJ
    Current Employee - Project Manager Intern in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Hunter Roberts Construction Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Helpful staff. The project manager taught me a lot about the construction industry

Cons

Sometimes the staff were so busy, i felt like a burden.

Advice to Management

None

3. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Hunter Roberts Construction Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, really care about your growth

Cons

Only con I can think of is they start work at 8

4. "Wonderful Opportunity"

Former Employee - Intern in Closter, NJ
    Former Employee - Intern in Closter, NJ

I worked at Hunter Roberts Construction Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Hunter Roberts is an amazing company both for interns and full-time staff. Although I was only an intern, I had the opportunity to work from and learn from the office staff as well as the field teams. The environment is fun, upbeat, and everyone genuinely seems to enjoy what they're doing. The people here are what make this company so great because their positive attitudes translates directly to their work effort.

Cons

As an intern sometimes there was a lack of work to do. Only being there for a short amount of time, I was trying to learn as much as possible. I do understand that because I had limited knowledge I was only able to do so much though so it's a tough situation to remedy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and make sure to grab and hold on to young talent so it doesn't go elsewhere!

"Legal Temp"

Former Employee - Paralegal/Legal Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Paralegal/Legal Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Hunter Roberts Construction Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are nice. Offices are gorgeous. Great location.

Cons

I was hired as a legal temp. HR department assured me they were excited to have me on board and this would go into a full time position. The training was bad, no one could answer my questions. After about a week, I noticed the legal team and HR team weren't responding to my emails or paying any attention to me at all. In fact they looked like a deer in the headlights when I approached. To make a long and uncomfortable situation a short story. They decided they were putting someone else in my position and never told me. It was done so unprofessionally and inconsiderately. i could feel something was wrong but no one had the consideration to tell me. I ended up leaving with nothing lined up. It was pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Be honest if you don't feel its a good match. Don't let someone sit there for weeks thinking they ave a new opportunity when you don't want them there. It's rude,

6. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hunter Roberts Construction Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff are excellent and culture drives personal growth.

Cons

Projects in all five boroughs so travel is part of the job.

7. "Started as an Intern to a Assistant Project Manager and now Project Manager in 5 in a half years."

Current Employee - Construction Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Construction Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Hunter Roberts Construction Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has given me no reason to leave in my 5 in a half years here. Great culture, people and a growing firm to work at.

Cons

The paperwork trail needs to be worked out a little better in the procurement stage.

Advice to Management

Upper Management needs to be heavily involved in procurement face in order to deliver a successful project. This was the case here in my 5 years of experience and I have delivered nothing but successful projects to clients.

"Great Company, Large Room for Growth"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Great management. Great Company. Good incentive to grow in the company. Good Compensation with overtime ability to make very good compensation.

Cons

Hheavy upper management, tough clients. Overall very demanding and tedious work at times. But upper management rewards success and the company as a whole encourages growth within.

9. "Enjoyable summer internship"

Former Employee - Project Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Hunter Roberts Construction Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Got exposed to all aspects of the construction industry (i.e. CM, structural engineering, architecture, subcontractors, on-site construction, interfacing with client). Learned about the different roles required in making a building.

Cons

There would be times where I was left without any work because my PM was too busy and I didn't feel like disturbing her. At times, it felt like I was doing a lot of grunt work/paperwork (but a lot of that is the reality of CM, regardless of one's position).

Advice to Management

Intern should work with PM to set out clear goals at the outset of the internship.

"Currently love this company... My loyalty stays with the company"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

Company have a good family friendly environment. Hard to find what is wrong with the company. Open door policy, willing to assist you and teach you what they know.

Cons

The politics in the company tends to be happening at the higher ranking which could cause a fear for being promoted