Hunter Technical Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Hunter Technical Resources President Scott Hall
Scott Hall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Best professional experience as a contractor bar none"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The team at Hunter was the bets that I have experienced in my near two decades as a contract technical writer. A lot of recruiting firms just place you, cut the checks, and that is all of the interaction or feedback you get. Hunter did a superlative job recruiting me, on-boarding to the client, and provided expert assistance when issues happened. The support staff was very pro-active in reminding the client that time-card needed to be signed. The ancillary benefits were great, too. Trust me when I say that if the circumstances of working as a contract consultant for Hunter happened again that I would not hesitate to rejoin the firm.

Cons

I just wish other recruiting firms measured up to Hunter's standards.

Advice to Management

Very solid and supportive when there were issues. The management team was will to got to the client on by behalf which is a welcomed but rare situation. Kudos all around!

2. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources part-time

Pros

Great team environment! Family-like team.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time

Pros

I Love working at Hunter. This is by far the best staffing firm I've ever worked for. They have a solid accound management team with a huge of business. This is a recruiter's dream! Thanks to the strong client relationships, we get quick feedback/interview requests for each good candidate we send out. Flexible work schedule, great base/commission structure, no micro management, business casual dress code, and an awesome sourcing team! The staffing industry is not for everyone! but if you think it's for you, then you should definitely check out Hunter! Real talk...

Cons

You've got to be motivated and a self-starter. Hunter has a lot of business so everyone is usually really.l busy trying to get deals closed. So if you're new to the industry, there is some training but the rest is for you to figure out. When you have a question, people will definitely be happy to help. But for the most part, you have to take initiative to figure stuff out. Some other staffing firms have more in-depth training... but those firms also usually have awful commission structure or will micromanage you (or both)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

4. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Marietta, GA

I worked at Hunter Technical Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their account managers and recruiters are on the ball, they check in regularly, and they genuinely care about the consultants. Our account manager always brought lunch/dinner for big deployments.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. If I had to pick one, I suppose I would have to say none

5. "Great Company, Great People, Great Culture!"

Pros

Great place to be! The partners/owners really care about all of the employees. Team members are treated with respect.

Cons

Can't think of any real cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

6. "Great company, great people."

Pros

Honesty and integrity in dealing with employees and clients. This business is run by people who show you these attributes in how they handle themselves and their business, and not by just telling people about who they are. The team work displayed across and within the different areas of this company is phenomenal. This is a great staffing agency, and a great place to work.

Cons

The only item I can come up with here is that the benefits plan could be a little stronger.

Advice to Management

Keep making the decisions that help this place move on and up in the world of staffing. We are respected by our peers, and our clients, and it is because of the way that this business is managed, and because of the great team of individuals that work so well together.

7. "L&D Consultant"

Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Hunter Technical Resources is an exceptional staffing firm! Every interaction that I've experienced with IT, my recruiter, resource manager has been professional. I strongly recommend Hunter to those who are seeking technical employment, and to organizations who have staffing needs.

Cons

I have no cons to share. Work life is what you make it and I've enjoyed my experience with employment at Hunter.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being an integral part of my professional growth.

8. "First contract"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Good salary to start the new year with

Cons

no second job when the first job ended

9. "Sourcer"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcing Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcing Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good atmosphere in office

Cons

I have none so far

Advice to Management

none

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented, dedicated team. Meritocracy. Great leadership. Open-door management policy. Not a lot of office politics. Not a lot of egos or BS. Fun work environment. Work hard, play hard. Employees are respectful, professional, courteous, and outgoing. Smart team. Low-turnover. Long history of success in Atlanta. Great cafe in the building with an awesome Bi Bim Bap on Thursdays!

Cons

There's one guy who is constantly talking about movie reviews, video games, and the NFL, but he's fun to work with. And there's another guy who sits next to him who is always into conspiracies, but he's cool too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!