Hunter Technical Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hunter Technical Resources President Scott Hall
Scott Hall

1. "Amazing place to work!"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time

Pros

I Love working at Hunter. This is by far the best staffing firm I've ever worked for. They have a solid accound management team with a huge of business. This is a recruiter's dream! Thanks to the strong client relationships, we get quick feedback/interview requests for each good candidate we send out. Flexible work schedule, great base/commission structure, no micro management, business casual dress code, and an awesome sourcing team! The staffing industry is not for everyone! but if you think it's for you, then you should definitely check out Hunter! Real talk...

Cons

You've got to be motivated and a self-starter. Hunter has a lot of business so everyone is usually really.l busy trying to get deals closed. So if you're new to the industry, there is some training but the rest is for you to figure out. When you have a question, people will definitely be happy to help. But for the most part, you have to take initiative to figure stuff out. Some other staffing firms have more in-depth training... but those firms also usually have awful commission structure or will micromanage you (or both)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Marietta, GA

I worked at Hunter Technical Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their account managers and recruiters are on the ball, they check in regularly, and they genuinely care about the consultants. Our account manager always brought lunch/dinner for big deployments.

Cons

None that I can think of at this time. If I had to pick one, I suppose I would have to say none

3. "L&D Consultant"

Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Learning & Development Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Hunter Technical Resources is an exceptional staffing firm! Every interaction that I've experienced with IT, my recruiter, resource manager has been professional. I strongly recommend Hunter to those who are seeking technical employment, and to organizations who have staffing needs.

Cons

I have no cons to share. Work life is what you make it and I've enjoyed my experience with employment at Hunter.

Advice to Management

Thank you for being an integral part of my professional growth.

5. "First contract"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Good salary to start the new year with

Cons

no second job when the first job ended

6. "Sourcer"

Current Employee - Technical Sourcing Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Sourcing Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good atmosphere in office

Cons

I have none so far

Advice to Management

none

"Love it here!"

Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented, dedicated team. Meritocracy. Great leadership. Open-door management policy. Not a lot of office politics. Not a lot of egos or BS. Fun work environment. Work hard, play hard. Employees are respectful, professional, courteous, and outgoing. Smart team. Low-turnover. Long history of success in Atlanta. Great cafe in the building with an awesome Bi Bim Bap on Thursdays!

Cons

There's one guy who is constantly talking about movie reviews, video games, and the NFL, but he's fun to work with. And there's another guy who sits next to him who is always into conspiracies, but he's cool too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Excellent Work/Life Balance"

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Managers work very closely with their employees to ensure that everyone is up to speed and on the same page work wise. That's not to say the managers are overbearing; rather, they are very conscious of what challenges are being presented to the team and they are very responsible with how they approach each individual's needs.

Cons

Respect among coworkers is an area that could see improvement, but that is to be expected in an industry where fellow colleagues are in competition with one another to achieve the same goal.

Advice to Management

Keep employees motivated with fun incentives; whether they be personal goals, team goals, or company wide goals.

Hunter Technical Resources Response

Jun 30, 2015 – President

We are always open to new ideas for incentives. Please share any fun and new ideas you may have in mind! Thank you for the kind words!

"Technical Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a current employee at Hunter Technical Resources, I could not ask for a better team of colleagues. Management provides autonomy to do your job but enough support to make sure you are hitting your monthly and quarterly goals. We are not a heavily metrics focused organization and each employee is managed differently based on their strengths and weaknesses. I am fortunate to work in such an environment that fosters career development while giving you the tools and mentorship you need to be successful.

Cons

No cons to list about the organization, our team is awesome!

Advice to Management

Thanks for always sticking up for the recruiting team and having our back. You understand the challenges we face and always have an open door to help us get through the tough times!

Hunter Technical Resources Response

Jun 30, 2015 – President

Thank you for being a part of our "awesome team" and of course thank you for the kind words! I agree 100% that your team is a great group. In fact, the best we've ever had at Hunter.

10. "great company"

Current Employee - Sourcing Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sourcing Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great work environment with outgoing, intelligent people helps for increased productivity without losing quality of work. great work/life balance!

Cons

the work becomes stale and repetitive after sometime, but that's when you have to break the routine and get creative

Advice to Management

keep up the good work! like most, management cares about productivity, but unlike others, they show true value in their employees and clients relationships

11. "A Great Company to work for"

Current Employee - Hunter Technical Resources Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hunter Technical Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is great. My boss puts in genuine effort to foster positive working relationships among my team mates. It makes coming to work easier when you know there is mutual respect between you and the people you work with closely.

Cons

sometimes it gets a little loud when everyone is working and talking on the phone, but there are desks available in quieter areas when you need them.