Huntington Learning Centers Employee Reviews about "one on one"
68% would recommend to a friend
(4 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Pay is low for the amount of work that you have to complete in the center." (in 142 reviews)
- "Poor management can ruin a whole center and scare away students and families." (in 50 reviews)
- "Little training, not up to date" (in 28 reviews)
- "No benefits and sometimes students cancel last mintue." (in 26 reviews)
- "Very poorly managed with an emphasis on how much money they could squeeze out of every student instead of their success." (in 17 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Huntington Learning Centers and is not affected by filters.
Found 4 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "one on one"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Dec 4, 2012TutorFormer Employee, less than 1 year
The only great part were the students and the other tutors, management was a nightmare
No one appreciated your credentials or experience, Supervisor was very rude and unprofessional and condescending, higher ups were in a 'clique' and you felt like the loser kid on the block, No communication, Changed my hours on my time sheet without telling me and had to find out when I saw red marks and slashes and still no one addressed this with me....this was because me and the students showed up on time but my boss was 30 minutes late so they docked my hours...UNBELIEVABLE...Last straw was when I got Yelled out in front of a student when I didnt sign in right when I got there.6
- 4.0Feb 16, 2015SAT/ACT Math TutorCurrent EmployeeNew York, NY
As an SAT tutor I had the opportunity to work one on one with students. Huntington has a unique program and we all truly had a vested interest in the success of each student.
The salary is not anywhere near the salary you can earn as a private tutor.
- 3.0Apr 24, 2020TeacherFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWoodbury, MN
Flexible schedule and set curriculum
One hour sessions, depends on when students schedule, sometimes large unpaid gaps in same day work1
- 4.0Jun 13, 2017Teacher Supervisor/TutorFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsPittsburgh, PA
Part time (for travel and grandparent visits). Full time work possible after the 20 plus years in the classroom environment. Like you're welcome even after age 65! Opportunity to work one on one with all kiinds of students. Supplemental income.
Not a lot of interaction with community and extra curricular activities. Do not get to choose texts (they are Huntington chosen) Some centers have Sunday hours.