Huntington Learning Centers Employee Reviews about "working with students"
68% would recommend to a friend
(11 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Teachers
Got a burning question about Huntington Learning Centers? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Huntington Learning Centers employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Hours are flexible and easy to book" (in 94 reviews)
- "Staff was friendly and helpful" (in 55 reviews)
- "flexible schedule they hired students i was paid decently weekends nights act sat gre ged i liked the students too" (in 40 reviews)
- "Great staff and very flexible schedule" (in 28 reviews)
- "Great kids and coworkers." (in 26 reviews)
- "Pay is low for the amount of work that you have to complete in the center." (in 146 reviews)
- "Poor management can ruin a whole center and scare away students and families." (in 50 reviews)
- "No benefits and sometimes students cancel last mintue." (in 30 reviews)
- "Some parents are rediculous and the company does allooot of trainings that arent executed vey well." (in 27 reviews)
- "Very poorly managed with an emphasis on how much money they could squeeze out of every student instead of their success." (in 17 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Huntington Learning Centers and is not affected by filters.
Found 11 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "working with students"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jun 9, 2016TutorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMonroeville, PA
Flexible hours, valuable one-on-one experience working with great students, friendly staff
Not enough hours to earn a consistent and substantial income to live independently
- 2.0Jan 20, 2014Part-Time TeacherCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSpringfield, PA
Flexible hours, working with students
Short hours, inconsistent hours, low pay, low support from management1
- 3.0Oct 25, 2023Center DirectorFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsWake Forest, NC
It’s a great opportunity to help students get ahead, and to help families grow back together. The teachers at the center enjoy working with the students, and appreciate any professional development provided. Flexible hours and decent pay.
The owner has a very specific management style and expects you to manage your people in the same way. The corporation as a whole is very money driven. It’s disappointing to have to charge what we do for students to get the education they deserve for free.
- 5.0Nov 18, 2021TeacherFormer Employee, more than 1 year
Flexible hours, good material that makes it pretty easy to teach students, loved working with the students and seeing their ACT/SAT scores improve, everyone who worked at the center was great
I can't think of any
- 3.0Nov 30, 2020TutorFormer EmployeeClifton Park, NY
Flexible schedule, working with the students
I would have liked it if the schedule was less variable--20 hours some weeks and 5 on others.
- 1.0Jun 19, 2022K-12 TutorCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMiller Place, NY
Flexible Hours, can be rewarding and fun work when working directly with the students
No Benefits, outdated material and practices
- 3.0Feb 17, 2014TutorFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAllentown, PA
Little hours, rewarding working with students
Late hours some nights, if students don't show up you get sent home1
- 4.0Aug 16, 2021Managing DirectorFormer Employee, more than 1 year
I enjoyed working closely with parents and students and felt supported by my coach and franchisee
Definitely not a 9-5 position, I took the job under the impression I would get vacation days but we were so busy and under staffed I never really took time off