Huntington National Bank Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Steinour
  1. "Huntington Bank"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Experience, powerfull Company, great co workers, easy managment

Cons

Angry customers.Lower pay, long training

Huntington National Bank2015-06-23
  2. "Work for a credit union instead"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

steady hours, benefits, 401K plan

Cons

way too many sales goals

Huntington National Bank2019-08-21
  3. "Banking"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

banking, loans, customer service, operations, sales

Cons

huntington national bank in downtown cincinnati

Huntington National Bank2019-07-13

"Chaos Sailing In A Sea of Uncertainty"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Akron, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only pros were my piers. The people who work alongside of me were the best. These were single moms, fathers and individuals working two other jobs at a time. My peers are friendly and professional and did your best with very little support from management.

Cons

In my interview they promised me a state of the art training facility. What we all got in training was a windowless room in the basement with poor ventilation and manila paper taped to the wall for projection screen, a lap top with a cheap projector propped up with books. In the interview they promised me tremendous benefits, wonderful training great chances for advancement, tremendous pay and work environment etc. etc. My interview was in May 2017. My interviewer said they would be adding more call center reps by August 2017 and we would be up to 400 CSR's by then. We were going to be the largest call center of all three. What I received were lousy benefits with a high premium a massive deductible. They misled us about being paid a shift differential for 2nd shift...it turns out that 2nd shift doesn't start at 3pm but at 5pm. So, I was paid a standard rate of pay from 3pm to 5pm. Shift differential didn't kick in until 5pm which lowered my overall hourly pay averaged out over 8 hours. Training was truly only a few days and we were thrown into the phones. Three days isn't long enough to learn your A,B,C's so how do they expect call center customer service reps to learn 20 systems and all the bank products in three days when it took took the trainer 30 years to learn everything? Complete madness. After 60 days in the phones our call volume jumped from 20 customers in que to 160 with a hold time of one hour which is insane in the call center industry. When I asked my "supervisor " why she said, "Oh! Well, um we have a lot of people out on vacation and Oh, they closed the call center in Holland, Michigan. " So after 60 days as an employee they closed one call center and laid off 129 people. Then all of a sudden important support departments that we would call for questions about customer loans and another Dept. We called just to get help with general questions we didn't know the answer to were shut down until further notice. Then one day our floor "supervisors" started to refuse to take escalated calls. That's when a customer gets so upset that they ask for your supervisor. One time I asked my "supervisor " to take a call and she said, and I quote, "I am sorry. I am not taking another supervisor call. If I do I am afrai I will say something that I will regret . You're going to have to handle it yourself. I was dumbfounded. In all my professional "career" I have never heard someone openly neglect their duties and refuse to do their job. Ever. Not once but a Huntington they do and they did. One day I got called off the floor and into a training class. We were told that we had to learn how to sign customers into Online Banking. You know, help people create user ID's and passwords so they could do banking through huntington.com. The trainer said it was easy and her sales pitch was, "It's actually going to reduce your talk time." Oh come on! I had one call with an elderly gentleman who had a man iphone and the call lasted an hour because he didn't know how to operate his phone and his vision was bad. My talk time for that day alone was more than twice what it should have been. People in my training class got promoted six weeks after getting out of training. My "supervisor " became supervisor a few months after being in the job and had no, "0" supervisory experience. Not even a college degree. So, if you're inexperienced I guess you can get promoted but they are putting people into positions of authority who have no right to have been out there.

Huntington National Bank2017-08-06

"teller"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Zanesville, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

employees nice to get along with

Cons

rotating employees all the time

Huntington National Bank2016-01-25

"Skills Coach/ Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Skills Coach/Customer Service Representative in Saint Albans, WV

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great location, very busy never boring. Great customers who knew us by name. Was able to train new employees. Great co-workers.

Cons

Bad Managers and district managers. Would hire their former employees and friends at a higher rate of pay then what other senior employees such as myself was making and I had been there for almost 5 years and my other coworker had been there for 10.

Huntington National Bank2015-12-28
  7. "Customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chillicothe, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

I enjoyed being able to move in my same position after I married my husband 2hours away. The job was interesting and I had the privilege to meet many successful people in our community and make lasting relationships.

Cons

The pay was low and after 2008. Expectations became unrealistic at times. We worked extremely short handed at times which jeapordized our safety not to mention getting yelled at because you can't serve people quickly enough.

Huntington National Bank2015-08-15

"customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Groveport, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

great benefits, Can move up in the company, good pay

Cons

wanted every department to sell

Huntington National Bank2015-08-18

"As a collector, our goals were completely unrealistic and were not granted the support of management."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent hours and paid holidays off, which was a good thing.

Cons

COMPLETELY stressful and no support from management. The managers and team leaders were VERy disconnected with the team members

Huntington National Bank2014-07-29
  10. "Great, and door-opening!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The building is grand with a nice atmosphere, and the employees are kind and fun to work with. The culture of the company is inviting and friendly, but still competitive enough to make you earn your income.

Cons

Slightly too many work hours. Also the systems are slightly outdated, which lessens efficiency not only for the employees, but for the company as a whole.

Huntington National Bank2014-02-17

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 15 reviews