Huntington National Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Huntington National Bank Chairman, President, and CEO Steve Steinour
Steve Steinour

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • smaller organization, work life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Good pay, good benefits, great work life balance (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a challenge (in 56 reviews)

• Hiring upper management without banking or management experience does not make sense (in 37 reviews)

1. "Huntington bank customer service call center"

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Work life balance, starting pay decent

Cons

I don’t have any at this time

2. "BRB"

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Work life Balance
    Wages
    Growth opportunities

Cons

Can’t think of any cons

3. "Excellent culture and customer focus"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Invested in their employees, encourage healthy work - life balance, good benefits, acceptable amount of PTO, some great managers, excellent networking opportunities if you make a point to reach out.

Cons

Quality of management is not consistent, and rapid growth has caused excessive turnover on the branch level. Many departments are also experiencing job instability as the company restructures, however no more than to be expected from a growth focused industry.

Advice to Management

Encourage managers to invest more time in developing their direct reports career paths. Turnover because you've hired from within boosts moral overall and deepens connections between departments which creates a better culture and understanding of bank needs from many aspects.

4. "Analyst"

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Corporate culture encourages a good balance of drive and innovation in its employees, while maintaining a healthy work/life balance.

Cons

No major cons; happy with the company and my role in it.

5. "Set Free!"

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Good benefits, PTO. Co-Workers from Managers down are salt of the earth, good people. Just lose them due to stressful culture

Cons

Leadership is fooling themselves if they think they are creating a culture that truly reflects what they state their mission is for employees, and customers for that matter.

Advice to Management

As another manager review stated "Open your eyes!" It is impossible to do everything asked, and if you don't have the right DM, or a licensed banker,etc. to help you make the impossible possible, it's beyond stressful.

6. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people, co-workers. Paid time off, benefits.

Cons

Huntington is increasing teller and sales bankers base salary because these positions have the highest turn over rate, but not the Managers. Salary is far less than market value. Will hire people with ZERO banking experience at a much higher wage than current Managers are earning. Continually increasing “minimum expectations” to where they are unattainable.

Advice to Management

Pay your Managers! Huntington please listen to your people when they voice their concerns.

7. "Might be a good experience"

Current Employee - Ramch Relationship Banker I in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Ramch Relationship Banker I in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They’re a decent company to work for if your first starting out, have good PTO, and a good 401k. I worked with some good managers and colleagues, and I like how they’re customer focused. I personally had a good manager who did a lot for me, but I have seen the overall culture and how they treat other employees.

Cons

There is such a range of managers here that either make your work experience good or horrible, so hopefully you get a good manager. If you don’t have a manager that likes you much you’ll be gone in 2 months and they’ll find a way to get rid of you, your just a number in the company’s eyes. Forget about breaks, once you clock in there’s nothing until you clock out. Busy days you may not even get a lunch, and managers will schedule accordingly so that days they know are going to be busy or short staffed won’t include a lunch so you don’t go on over time at all. Huntington is moving more to grocery store locations which is horrible for work life balance and overall happiness. Since those locations are open 7 days a week, you might work 13 days in a row with never technically being on overtime, and that really wears down. Also, they are very customer focused but make it hard to hit goals. Bottom line is that this job is horrible as an in store employee, managers either make or break the job, and there is so much stress that’s not needed on a banker I from upper management.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging everyone and making every day stressful for lower employees. Allow in store employees more of a work life balance and focus more on making employees happy or your going to lose all of them. Look closely at managers to see that the ones who are genuinely looking out for their employees are the ones who are doing well.

"Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at Huntington National Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers, the atmosphere, and the rewarding feeling of those trusting you with their money. Also the benefits and incentives were not bad.

Cons

There always seemed to be excess unneeded stress. The cooperate seemed to not take into consideration concerns/information being given to them by the branches.

Advice to Management

Trust in your team, you hired them for a reason - do not micromanage everything you ask of them.

"Branch Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Dayton, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent insurance-Paid Time off-Wellness Program.

Cons

Inconsistent application of their own policies. Depends on who is "liked" or not and what District you work in/what DM you work for.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes as to what goes on. Too many good bankers and people suddenly are "gone". Proving not to be an Employer of Choice!!

10. "Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Perrysburg, OH
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Perrysburg, OH

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, great work life balance. Very competitive pay. Executives that truly seem to care about the people that work for them.

Cons

Hiring process takes too long. Not much too complain about

Advice to Management

Let the branches have the say in what positions are needed at each individual branch