Huntington National Bank 694 Reviews | Glassdoor

Huntington National Bank Reviews

Updated March 22, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance can be a challenge (in 43 reviews)

• Hiring upper management without banking or management experience does not make sense (in 30 reviews)

1. "Sr. Teller / Personal Banker"

Pros

Loved all my clients new and older clients. Listening to there needs and respecting there privacy from spouse or family. Enjoyed my job every day at work. Showed up early and stayed late if necessary. Job is stressful at times but never showed it to employees or clients.

Cons

Having the customer upset or disappointed when they let the branch because we couldn't waive fees or refund on errors.

Advice to Management

Hope your employees out, never yell at them in front of clients, and respect everyone privacy. Employees tend to work been in an unstressed environment.

2. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Accountant in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Accountant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good work life balance, good coworker and manager, love working there

Cons

health insurance benefit is not that attractive and the parking in downtown is painful

"Personal banker"

Pros

I liked my fellow personal bankers and our customers.

Cons

the management there was absolutely horrible. And Huntington as a whole is a really frustrating place to work. They set in possible goals so they don't have to pay you on the accounts and loans that you open. They are so disorganized and contradictory. It's hard to learn the rules and abide by them because you are constantly told two opposing things.

Advice to Management

Stop working there. You are terrible.

5. "Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Good management. Great people. Lots of positive reinforcement. I couldn't have been happier. I loved going to work every day!

Cons

The coffee wasn't as tasty as it could have been. In other words, no complaints.

6. "Personal Banket"

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Great environment and great people! They produce informed & knowledgeable employees.

Cons

Hours if working in the call center. Your schedule would change due to shift bids which can impact your work/life balance.

Advice to Management

More consideration with scheduling although it is the nature of the beast in any call center setting.

7. "Mtg loan Coordinator"

Pros

The people you work with are great

Cons

No work life balance at all

8. "Consumer Loan Consultant"

Former Employee - Assistant Loan Processor and Consumer Loan Consultant in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful place to work with wonderful management and team !

Cons

.....our position was temporary , and that status lasted over 4 years

"Personal Banker/ Licensed Personal Banker"

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Huntington National Bank full-time

Pros

Decent opportunity for advancement at branch level if you excel at your job (I.e. moving from teller to universal banker to personal banker, etc. but no farther than that)

Incentive plan was great compared to competitor banks.

Cons

Benefits were terrible for what you paid for.

Upper management didn't care much about issues that arose in the branches, as long as numbers were being met that's all that matters.

Once you worked your way up to a Personal Banker position, don't plan on getting any farther. They never promote from within for manager spots. Would rather hire an external, less qualified candidate for less money.

Work/life balance was bad... Luckily it's a bank so you get "bankers hours" but there are mandatory call nights and God forbid you ever call off... Even for an emergency!

Advice to Management

Closely listen to both sides of every story. Value your employees who have been there for awhile and genuinely love their jobs.

10. "Contracting at Huntington"

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Huntington National Bank (Less than a year)

Pros

Offers a friendly work environment and great growth opportunities. I thoroughly enjoyed working at Huntington for the short time I was there.

Cons

There was a lack of cross-segment communication that would cause confusion and require rework due to decisions from other segments not being communicated.

Advice to Management

Encourage cross segment communication and hold people accountable for said communication. On large projects, especially those that affect multiple segments, segments should be made aware of the decision and movements of other segments to promote unity in approach. A DevOps type approach to management (though usually meant for IT) would really help the organization.

11. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Co-Manager in Marine City, MI
    Current Employee - Co-Manager in Marine City, MI

I have been working at Huntington National Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huntington pays their employees a better than average salary. They also promote from within and have a do the right thing atmosphere.

Cons

I work at an in-store so the hours are not typical banking hours. There is a focus on sales so if that's not your cup of tea then its not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to concentrate on building good talent. Employees that feel they have an advocate on their side will work harder.