Cover image for Hunton Group

62% Recommend to a Friend
73% Approve of CEO

Found 39 of over 39 reviews

3.4
Hunton Group President Richard O Hunton (no image)
Richard O Hunton

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great organization with competent people(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Not just a job, a fulfilling career

Aug 29, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many reasons I love working at Hunton, we're innovative and care about our customers and employees. I'm challenged and the people around me, including leadership, believes in me and gives me the autonomy to do what I need to do. I'm trusted and can have open discussions that provide results.

Cons

Growing rapidly, so sometimes we have growing pains, which is normal.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Yin and Yang

Sep 2, 2022 - Sales in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

As long as you make your probation time and show up to work you will keep your job. This company allows you to run your own ship. That gives you an ability to obtain great training that will benefit you later in life; if you are willing to work hard.. The Hunton family are God fearing people. The individuals they put in Leadership positions are individuals you should not trust.

Cons

There is no growth. Hunton Group is a Trane distributor so they go as Trane goes. If Trane will not give the Hunton Group successful new territory there will be no new positions created. There is a good ole boy system in place so you know what that means. You must leave to get paid and promoted at this company. The Hunton Group is the Cleveland Browns. You come there at the start or end of your career.

3. Join the Hunton Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Hunton Trane is the worst and most Bigoted place I have worked

Sep 8, 2022 - Senior Sales Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They smile while stabbing you in the back

Cons

If you are in Sales never consider this backward company. I had to sue them after the most unprofessional meeting with human resources ever experienced. I am an experienced Sales Engineer and member of the Trane Graduate Sales Training Program, GTP, then exposed to the hicks of Hunton Trane. I resigned and was chased with their non-compete agreement. They prevented me from gaining employment with another company in my field of experience to provide for me and my family. The costs exceeded $30,000 to get another job. I challenge you to meet a minority in any lucrative position there. Those positions are reserved for Caucasians.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great resources to help complete jobs

Cons

A bit of a grind

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family is what this culture is all about.

Cons

No cons for this company

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

No hope

Apr 1, 2022 - HVAC Service Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have a job. That is the only benefit.

Cons

GPS on trucks/cameras on trucks/CEO is a racist if you aren’t white you might move up but never trusted. He is a racist. There are swingers in the office passing dirty emails during work hrs. You can’t move up with out being corporate man. Managers hold grudges. You get in trouble for not helping out for someone else not doing their jobs. No freedoms and are always watched and good luck don’t say anything bad around the tool Roman people they are rats.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good Company

Jan 4, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

No cons at this time

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Stable Company

Aug 22, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

I can't think of anything

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The Best Place NOT to work!

Aug 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any Pros at this time, anything good has a hidden agenda behind it from the top down.

Cons

The Cons are the Upper Management, HR Management, Safety, culture, benefits, no diversity, until upper management changes the company will never have a true culture where employees are valued as human beings.

3 people found this review helpful
  11. 5.0
    Current Employee

Self-improvement encouraged and rewarded

May 15, 2021 - BAS Controls Project Specialist in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I want to start with that I'm only involved with the field work/software/hardware/product training side of things. I am primarily responsible for improving our field teams knowledge, efficiency, and productivity. I am always giving my best to achieve this and promote productivity job security instead of intellectual job security. Given that the Hunton Group is a Trane franchise office, we typically have the same learning resources as any Trane employee. Part of my role is to dispurse this knowledge to my team and train everyone on following the standards and guidelines set by Trane to the best of my ability. This also gives me the opportunity to develop helpful instruction documents to help improve productivity. Coming from other BAS Controls employers, I have been ecstatic with how easily accessible knowledge is for our team. And it's part of my responsibility to ensure everyone has access and can efficiently use these resources. I am also used as a medium between the Project Management and the field team, bringing concerns to light by keeping an anonymous line of communication with our field team. I enjoy the position that I was given, because I get to help everyone improve and protect our team from the responsibilities/duties that they are not prepared or compensated for. I don't have as much experience as some of our team, so I do my best not to undermine nor dismiss all of our teams opinions and methods. The system will only improve if we all work together. Since our team is new, we lack in some areas of structure and management. I have been a big influence on improving these with the helpful suggestions of our field team. I'm hoping what we're building is the best Controls team in the area with the highest knowledgeable employees. Another part of my job that I enjoy is helping the disgruntled customers and construction management teams to discuss and adjust their energy management needs. When I get to interface with a customer directly and give them a system that is fully automated, easy to navigate, and fits their needs, it gives my career choice a purpose.

Cons

I work in the Hunton Trane division of the Hunton Group umbrella. The BAS Controls team for this division is still fairly new and there are still some procedures that need some ironing out. Due to the Houston Controls market, we have to keep a competitive edge. Which involves deviating from Trane standards in some areas. Some are entirely new/different from Trane standards. So our own standards/guidelines conditionally need small adjustments (This is also apart of my responsibilities and I encourage team involvement to come to an optimal solution). I didn't really get trained professionally to get to where I am today. But, I am doing the best that I can to ensure that everyone else on our team has all of the resources and support that I know how to give them. A big resource our tech support portal, which I encourage everyone to use. My days don't normally end when I get home (I don't mind it that much since I don't have and dependants). What free time I have, I enjoy spending on improving or developing methods and company resources that will hopefully improve jobsite productivity. Communication across the chain of command has been a little lacking, but changes are coming. The biggest complaint I get from our team is the lack of structure in management, but again, change is coming.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews
</>Embed

Hunton Group Reviews FAQs

Hunton Group has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 39 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Hunton Group to a friend and 62% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hunton Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hunton Group. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

62% of Hunton Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hunton Group 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hunton Group to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with Hunton Group Job Seekers