KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

good place

Dec 13, 2021 - Administrative in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

good work life balance, nice colleagues

Cons

I have no cons, great place to work

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Nov 2, 2021 - Associate Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined Birchrose Associates (the sister company of Huntress) with a legal background and no prior experience in recruitment. Huntress offered massive amounts of support right from the beginning. They have a great training program which is useful whether you're completely new or an experienced consultant. That, along with their training plan, gives you clear direction for the first year of your employment which I've found really helpful. The company also have a great approach to their commission scheme and career pathway. Both my manager Lauren and CEO Chris were upfront from the get-go about how the commission scheme works (super useful if you're not from a sales background) and how you can expect to progress within the company based on your performance. The career pathway is clear and you'll know exactly what's expected of you to get to the next step on the pathway which is really motivating. Huntress and Birchrose Associates offer great benefits, flexible working and pay well but what really stands out is the culture. Chris genuinely cares about his employees and I have no doubt that both he and Lauren are keen to see their employees succeed. Their support definitely has an impact on the company as a whole, everyone on the team is genuinely passionate about their job and it really shows. I haven't been with Huntress for long but couldn't imagine being anywhere else and would definitely recommend.

Cons

No cons to working here :)

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supportive, Friendly and Flexible!

Jun 30, 2021 - Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined the company before the pandemic, however during the pandemic the company couldn't have been more supportive. They ensured regular communication throughout the whole business so we were all able to stay in touch with our colleagues across all teams, as well as providing regular updates from the CEO and HR. Post pandemic, the company have continued that support across the board. I feel genuinely supported in my career and the career pathways and my progression is set out clearly so I know exactly how to achieve the next steps. All members of senior management are approachable and friendly and are always keen to hear about what is going on in your life, both professionally and personally. KPI's are set out clearly and you are responsible for managing your own desk, there is no micro management, and I found that if I was struggling with any KPI's, these were easily amendable so that I didn't feel overwhelmed. Since we have started returning to an office on a flexible basis, I feel safe and comfortable in an office environment and HR have gone above and beyond to make sure all of the protocols are in place so that we can work safely whilst still maintaining the office culture that is needed in recruitment. There is a lot more flexible working, both in terms of hours and working from home, and I know if I need to leave early / take a longer lunch break for any reason / work from home on a particular day, this will always be accommodated due to the flexibility that the company now offer.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company.

4. 5.0

The Best Place To Work!

Dec 3, 2019 - Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The start to my career at Huntress has been nothing but positive! As it was my first job in recruitment I was unsure how quickly I would settle into the role, however, the training was outstanding. It consisted of a week long induction with new starters from all other offices which is great to get to know teams from across the company. Learning company values responsibilities & practising skills through role play. The culture and atmosphere is equally as supportive, a place where mistakes are part of learning with expert guidance from managers. Working at Huntress is like being part of a large family, as the leadership team along with the CEO situated within the office making them readily available to guide and mentor you. The benefits and incentives are also worth noting, with activities for all the team to be included in like flight club, bowling and go karting. It’s inspiring to work alongside people who have a passion for recruitment, with an amazing working culture, great staff incentives and supportive management across the office.

Cons

I haven’t got any cons for working for Huntress!

Continue reading
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Micro Management

Mar 29, 2021 - Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no positives about working here

Cons

Monitoring peoples call times is not productive - what revenue they generate is.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Spread head office culture into the branches

Nov 21, 2019 - Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people liked team Opportunity to volunteer for various organised charity days which I really loved and felt proud to be a part of Huntress team this is so positive and everybody mucked in and you met and worked with people from backoffice and other branches. Real teamwork. Pay was fair, benefits were to if allowed to take them

Cons

The reviews make it sound as if you can just stroll up to the CEO and ask advice which to be honest you probably can as he seems very approachable but this is an advantage only working at head office. Branches very different and if you want to talk about strategies and suggestions for target markets to help your desk grow there is no advice because they don’t seem to know or want to discuss. I really wanted ideas and pointers rather than being told stick to your postcodes. For new consultants it was tough and we were warned of this but pressure to bill is much higher even though I billed the same as a consultant who had been there years. No team bonus

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Four months in - no complaints!

Feb 25, 2020 - Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support personally and professionally. I'm pushed to succeed both from management and the team in general. Moving to a new city (and the South) it was great to come in and have an instant support network. Having chronic illness/ invisible disabilities (hEDS/ Fibro), having a supportive and trusting manager is beyond important to me. My manager Ellis is not only amazingly understanding of my conditions, but will go out of his way to ensure I have everything I need to succeed (from making sure I pace myself effectively to making sure all appropriate aids such as ice packs are fully stocked). Incredibly grateful to be both respected/ taken seriously in my capabilities, whilst being fully able to ask for help when needed. Great training structure, Amarita and Christy are great trainers - adapting to all learning types and giving a really comprehensive and in depth understanding of recruitment practices.

Cons

I've got nothing but good things to say about Huntress

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Jan 17, 2020 - Associate Consultant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had never worked in recruitment before I started at Huntress so was initially nervous about starting something completely different. The team at Huntress are all warm and friendly and make everyone feel so welcome. They provide an excellent training program, and everyone is fully supported from day one. There are clear career paths and continuous opportunities to learn and develop with desk side and refresher training. You are rewarded for the hard work that you do, Huntress Have excellent quarterly and team incentives to encourage you to always do your best. The talent acquisition team are brilliant and support you through the whole interview process. Everything was clearly explained to me and Tash gave great advice for the final interview stage with the CEO and made me feel a lot more relaxed! The culture is great, everyone is friendly and sociable. The CEO is supportive and sits with everyone on the sales floor meaning you can walk over at any time for help if you need it.

Cons

It can be hard to get to know colleagues in regional offices

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Recruitment Agency

Feb 1, 2021 - Internal Communications Specialist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

They stay in touch and are very responsive

Cons

They find mainly temporary jobs

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

A Steady Flow of Work

Dec 2, 2020 - Reception Temp in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Regular calls from agents to offer me placements and check my availability.

Cons

Sometimes call to ask availability when they have already placed you. Do not tell you when you have outstanding holiday leave that it about to expire, so you lose it.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 62 Reviews