Huntress Reviews in Maidstone, England | Glassdoor

1.9
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • However I could not fault the training and development that was given to me at all as without it I probably would not have made it past one month (in 4 reviews)

• There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance but that is recruitment for you (in 5 reviews)

• For me personally there are no cons to mention (in 7 reviews)

"Working for Huntress Maidstone"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Maidstone, England (UK)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress in Maidstone for just over a year now and have enjoyed my time here so so much! Prior to this role I briefly worked for a recruitment agency in Tunbridge Wells, and the differences could not be greater.

Here at Huntress I feel valued as an individual, and whilst there are over 160 employees throughout the company, the corporate team are still very familiar and personable to each person.

As a branch Maidstone made me feel very welcome and my colleagues have continued to support me in certain areas I feel slightly weaker in. The ambition we have as individuals helps to keep each other motivated and has in turn made us a hugely successful branch.

Each quarter the branch who has achieved the most over their target, as well as some individuals, are rewarded with an incentive ranging from a day out at the Crazy Bear, a trip to Paris or an overnight stay in Amsterdam. For me these are great incentives and I have so far got to go see The Lion King followed by dinner at The Savoy, been Go-Karting followed by dinner at Gauchos and am looking forward to a day at Ascot on Friday!

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Huntress.

2. "Shoddy employers"

Former Freelancer - Temporary Administrative in Maidstone, England (UK)
    Former Freelancer - Temporary Administrative in Maidstone, England (UK)

Pros

Quick placement
    Central office
    Online timesheets
    Online portal
    Average wage

Cons

Very poor communication between candidates and often no acknowledgement of communication.
    Underpaying candidates due to lack of acknowledgement eg. Holiday available and requested but not processed.
    Unprofessional communication over email and misspellings.
    Poor communication within their own teams.
    They leave urgent changes (changes to time sheets) to the last minute and expect all staff to be on board with it or you won't get paid the next day.
    Often passing on responsibilities to each other and not dealing with an issue.

Advice to Management

Huntress like many other recruitment agencies employ a pretty face. This is for sales purposes but there needs to be some recognition to the fact that these people you employ are processing people's wages. To do the job managers need employ people with some savvy and some basic existing knowledge of how to manage a work load and effectively communicate out information to employees on time and correctly.
    Many managers will take people on face value and see that their looks will help to boost their client base but honestly there is a job to do and if they can't employ people that are actually capable of doing that job then what is the point? I wouldn't recommend working through them at all.

Huntress Response

Jun 2, 2017

I'm really sorry your experience with Huntress wasn't as positive as we would have wanted it to be. Our Maidstone office currently has over 120 temporary workers out in placements in the area and the... More