Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent solution to having a great work/life balance with great job satisfaction at the same time (in 3 reviews)

• Fast paced, energetic and real positive vibe shared in the office and among our senior management team (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance but this is being worked on (in 4 reviews)

• For me personally there are no cons to mention (in 5 reviews)

1. "Thinking of Leaving & Actively Looking"

Current Employee - Huntress Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Huntress Consultant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A strong Senior Management Team and great CEO who is open/honest and extremely approachable. Potential for good career progression and commission structure for committed Consultants and/or Rookies who want to learn and develop themselves. On-going training at all levels is great and I cannot knock the commitment to training that Huntress offers :) Great career path based on billing & where you want to take your career and something other companies should embrace in a structured way just as Huntress do.

Cons

I'll add to this later as myself & others have quite a lot to add.

For now....

I've been with the Company for a few years and I've seen good Consultants come and go and there is another about to go (if not 2).

I'm also looking to leave and have 2 second interviews pending.... There are serious issues within this Huntress Branch and reasons why certain desks/individuals 'DON'T' develop further... Look a little closer to home & you'll see what the real problems are!

Advice to Management

Keep a closer eye on your Branches, Depth of 'Sales Calls' logged, figures & CRM reports are most certainly not genuine!

My 6 month business outlook was a thumbs down purely based on the Branch I work for and not for the Company as a whole.

2. "Excellent opportunities and tailored career pathways"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very driven sales floor made up of very successful consultants of all levels

A very hands on, approachable and motivated CEO with great expectations and aspirations for the company

Cons

With a years experience I have not faced any cons within the business

3. "Easily the best company I have ever worked for!!"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- From the very start Huntress was a positive experience, as I even enjoyed the interview process which can usually be quite daunting. I met the entire team I would get to work with, and even got to do a morning of shadowing which gave me a great insight into the role, and isn't done by many other companies. At the final stage of the interview I also got to meet the CEO which was fantastic as at my last company the CEO was not at all involved with the more junior level employees but just shows how much more of a personable company Huntress is.

- After joining Huntress and definitely feeling overwhelmed as I have never been in Sales before (!!!), I was then put on their week induction which offered the support I needed. It was based in London which gave me a chance to go to the head office and meet more of the Huntress gang, and I came out feeling like a fully certified Sales Consultant!

- Since being on the induction course, although I have only been here 6 months, I have already had another training course since, and have one booked in a couple of weeks. These courses are often offered this regularly to ensure you are constantly being offered the opportunity to develop your existing skills, and be kept up to date with any changes.

- The incentives here, have to of course be one of the best things about the company. Just as an example, every quarter we have a company wide competition for the best team, consultant, etc. and at the end of this quarter Huntress are sending the winners to Brussels!! Not only this but of course we have regular individual incentives in our team such as vouchers, early finishes and treats for good performance!

- Finally I have to say my favourite thing, that trumps all the others, is my fabulous team. The girls are the hardest workers I've ever met, but will always stop to help you out, and I hardly ever see them without a smile on the face . They are such a mixed bunch of characters but we all get on amazingly, and they are so funny they leave me in stitches, which is exactly what you need when you're having a long day. They've completely welcomed me to the team and I feel like I've been not only colleagues, but friends with them all for years!

Cons

- The only thing I could possible say here is that it's hard work, and the hours can be long, but for all of that's a choice because the results you get from it are so rewarding and therefore completely worth it.

4. "Poor employee welfare"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff
    Good interview process

Cons

Minimal support from management
    Frowned upon if you did not eat your lunch at your desk, would have to work while you were eating and could not take more than 30 minutes
    Frowned upon if you ever left on time and would be pulled up on this
    Lack of training and support for trainee positions, it is like they set you up to fail

Huntress Response

Jul 18, 2017

Firstly, I’m sorry that your experience was not as positive as most feedback we receive. In the past few years, we have made huge improvements in the training we provide all consultants joining... More

"A company continually striving to improve"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

- Experienced management team who lead the company and support staff. Most of which have developed into management roles within Huntress, therefore demonstrate the possibilities to other members of staff
    - Supportive environment
    - Staff are encouraged to speak up and be heard so as to ensure the business is moving forward and always improving
    - Incentives/rewards for hard work

Cons

- For me personally there are no cons to mention
    - My rating for work/life balance appear negative but this isn't a reflection of Huntress but rather of the industry recruitment. Every successful recruitment consultant knows that what you put in you get out in this industry

Advice to Management

- Continue to support and encourage their teams
    - Continue to share their wealth of experience with staff

6. "Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant
    Current Employee - Candidate Consultant

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Huntress a little over a year and it has been the best experience of my life! Everything about it - from my job role, the support from management and teams to the structure of progression and the open communication, it all works so well. Everyone in the company I speak to is passionate about their jobs and the part they play, especially the team I work with. I have never had the Monday morning blues working with Huntress and I'm really excited to see where we will be next year. Customer service is something that is very important to me and I originally started as a candidate before interviewing for my position now - the level of service I received is unprecedented! The starting salaries are competitive and there are excellent incentives in place.
    I really love my job and I love working for Huntress!

Cons

There's none that I can think of to be honest!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "Excellent company to work for!!"

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

-Great Working Environment
    -Excellent Career Progression
    - Good Quarterly Incentives
    - Fantastic Training and Development Programmes
    - Great Commission Scheme for New Starters
    - Supportive Network throughout Huntress

Cons

- New Branches may struggle with Brand Awareness

Advice to Management

Better integration between branches within the regions

"Unfortunate"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and promises of opportunity and progression

Cons

Unfortunately there is an issue with management at Huntress. The Manager's have all been there years and do not seem to do much apart from hire and fire staff and have meetings about meetings about meetings. You are left to your own devices, with no motivation or guidance.

Advice to Management

Pass on your knowledge to your teams - do not let them 'get on with it' and wait for them to come to you when they need help. Help them, encourage them, motivate them - look to improve their skills further and you will get the best from your teams. Efficiency and communication are key - make sure you respond to your teams and do what you say you're going to do. Nothing is more demotivating as a promise that is not kept!

Huntress Response

May 24, 2017

Firstly I would like to apologise as your experience at Huntress does not reflect our company’s culture, what most of our employees experience and what we aspire to be.
    Our managers place a great... More

"Fast-paced, positive working environment that always strives to improve"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great team ethos
    -Recognition for your achievements
    -Clear career path and progression

Cons

-Commission structure could be better
    -Incentive for referrals could be better

Advice to Management

Continue to improve and help all teams and divisions intermingle so that Huntress operates as one singular and happy division.

10. "A company that invests in you."

Former Employee - Delivery Consultant
    Former Employee - Delivery Consultant

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really show they are interested in you and what you offer. A great training program in place. The people you work with make all of the difference and the team I worked with in particular made my time enjoyable. There are career opportunities and reward for your hard work if targets are met. Management have worked hard to have a clear structure in place for development and growth. To sum up: a good opportunity to work in a company that values and invests in people.

Cons

Salary - like most recruitment companies, but they have a team bonus in place if targets met and do where possible reward hard work. (There are also achievable career development opportunities.)
    Hours - again like most recruitment companies, but they do offer an early finish once a week.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. A strong Management team that have good vision for the company and the employees.