Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you (in 5 reviews)

• The team are driven, with realistic targets and rewarding bonus schemes in place to ensure that hard work is acknowledged every month, without fail (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life balance but that is recruitment for you (in 4 reviews)

• For me personally there are no cons to mention (in 5 reviews)

1. "Fantastic career and such a great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Huntress gives you all of the tools, encouragement, support and challenges you need to become successful! There is such a clear career path and they really do bring the best out of you!! The training is extremely comprehensive and enjoyable with a great Trainer. The teams are incredibly friendly and supportive. Huntress is different to any other agency I know.. they have clear values and great leadership in place who constantly strive for the best for their employees - something which can be a little rare nowadays! Lots to learn but so much opportunity and support! I made the right choice and would definitely recommend Huntress as a great employer.

Cons

None that I have experienced so far!

2. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having worked at Huntress for 4 years it is truly the best company I have worked for. Yes it is hard work, yes the hours are long and yes sometimes the KPI's are hard to achieve.

However it is a sales job - what else would you expect?

The CEO is a true leader - he has made Huntress a true success and competitor in our markets. He continues to implement changes to make the working environment better and make the business grow from strength to strength.

I have worked for 4 other agencies in the past - Huntress is by far the best!!!

Cons

None that I can think of!

3. "When recruiters mean what they say!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promises at interview stages are kept. Clear targets. Sociable environment but not lots of pressure to join if you want too. Clear career pathway. Good relationships between management and staff.

Cons

Work/Life balance but that is recruitment for you.

"Great Place to work!"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great leadership, supportive colleagues, family atmosphere and overall great support structures. Quality incentives too.

Cons

Commission structure could be enhanced a little!

Advice to Management

Retain the best talent!

5. "Excellent opportunities and tailored career pathways"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very driven sales floor made up of very successful consultants of all levels

Fast paced, energetic and real positive vibe shared in the office and among our senior management team

A very hands on, approachable and motivated CEO with great expectations and aspirations for the company

Cons

With a years experience I have not faced any cons within the business

6. "Easily the best company I have ever worked for!!"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- From the very start Huntress was a positive experience, as I even enjoyed the interview process which can usually be quite daunting. I met the entire team I would get to work with, and even got to do a morning of shadowing which gave me a great insight into the role, and isn't done by many other companies. At the final stage of the interview I also got to meet the CEO which was fantastic as at my last company the CEO was not at all involved with the more junior level employees but just shows how much more of a personable company Huntress is.

- After joining Huntress and definitely feeling overwhelmed as I have never been in Sales before (!!!), I was then put on their week induction which offered the support I needed. It was based in London which gave me a chance to go to the head office and meet more of the Huntress gang, and I came out feeling like a fully certified Sales Consultant!

- Since being on the induction course, although I have only been here 6 months, I have already had another training course since, and have one booked in a couple of weeks. These courses are often offered this regularly to ensure you are constantly being offered the opportunity to develop your existing skills, and be kept up to date with any changes.

- The incentives here, have to of course be one of the best things about the company. Just as an example, every quarter we have a company wide competition for the best team, consultant, etc. and at the end of this quarter Huntress are sending the winners to Brussels!! Not only this but of course we have regular individual incentives in our team such as vouchers, early finishes and treats for good performance!

- Finally I have to say my favourite thing, that trumps all the others, is my fabulous team. The girls are the hardest workers I've ever met, but will always stop to help you out, and I hardly ever see them without a smile on the face . They are such a mixed bunch of characters but we all get on amazingly, and they are so funny they leave me in stitches, which is exactly what you need when you're having a long day. They've completely welcomed me to the team and I feel like I've been not only colleagues, but friends with them all for years!

Cons

- The only thing I could possible say here is that it's hard work, and the hours can be long, but for all of that's a choice because the results you get from it are so rewarding and therefore completely worth it.

7. "Poor employee welfare"

Former Employee - Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant in Holborn, England (UK)

I worked at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good staff
    Good interview process

Cons

Minimal support from management
    Frowned upon if you did not eat your lunch at your desk, would have to work while you were eating and could not take more than 30 minutes
    Frowned upon if you ever left on time and would be pulled up on this
    Lack of training and support for trainee positions, it is like they set you up to fail

Huntress Response

Jul 18, 2017

Firstly, I’m sorry that your experience was not as positive as most feedback we receive. In the past few years, we have made huge improvements in the training we provide all consultants joining... More

"A company continually striving to improve"

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

- Experienced management team who lead the company and support staff. Most of which have developed into management roles within Huntress, therefore demonstrate the possibilities to other members of staff
    - Supportive environment
    - Staff are encouraged to speak up and be heard so as to ensure the business is moving forward and always improving
    - Incentives/rewards for hard work

Cons

- For me personally there are no cons to mention
    - My rating for work/life balance appear negative but this isn't a reflection of Huntress but rather of the industry recruitment. Every successful recruitment consultant knows that what you put in you get out in this industry

Advice to Management

- Continue to support and encourage their teams
    - Continue to share their wealth of experience with staff

9. "Fantastic company!"

Current Employee - Candidate Consultant
    Current Employee - Candidate Consultant

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for Huntress a little over a year and it has been the best experience of my life! Everything about it - from my job role, the support from management and teams to the structure of progression and the open communication, it all works so well. Everyone in the company I speak to is passionate about their jobs and the part they play, especially the team I work with. I have never had the Monday morning blues working with Huntress and I'm really excited to see where we will be next year. Customer service is something that is very important to me and I originally started as a candidate before interviewing for my position now - the level of service I received is unprecedented! The starting salaries are competitive and there are excellent incentives in place.
    I really love my job and I love working for Huntress!

Cons

There's none that I can think of to be honest!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Excellent company to work for!!"

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

-Great Working Environment
    -Excellent Career Progression
    - Good Quarterly Incentives
    - Fantastic Training and Development Programmes
    - Great Commission Scheme for New Starters
    - Supportive Network throughout Huntress

Cons

- New Branches may struggle with Brand Awareness

Advice to Management

Better integration between branches within the regions